Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Bois De Portugal & Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

I`m a bit frustrated.. Yesterday i bought Creed BDP. I like it very much. Classy, elegant and timeless. But, i`m sure that i`ve notice that smell before. I went through my collection, to see if something was matching this one, and yes there it was! Chanel PM concentree smells almost confusingly alike! The price is much lower, and the sillage/longevity is as good as the creed.. So i must say that i regret a little. Maby i must give the creed a bit more time, to see if i can detect all the marvellous and outstanding qualities everybody is talking aboute.
    -I also tested Green Irish Tweed. A fresh, nice, clean smell that is almost exacly the same as Cool Water from Davidoff! (A bit more refined off course, but not worth the money)
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 21st September 2009 at 07:06 PM.

Default Re: Creed Bois De Portugal & Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

I just bought Creed BdP also and really love it. Another fragrance very similar to it is Tom Ford Private Blends - Bois Rouge.

Funny you mention that because I was thinking the exact same thing when I tested BdP just last week. Another instance where I wonder why people think Creed at double & three times the price is so worth it. They also get as many complaints about longevity as any other brand on the boards.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, I don't smell much similarity b/w the Creed and the Chanel. I've owned both, and I think the BdP is much spicier than Chanel PMC, plus more traditional. Perhaps when it's first sprayed, there's a similarity because both are pretty heady and intense at first, but after that, I don't smell any similarity. I much prefer BdP.