Code of Conduct

Default Expert Opinion on Demeter Dirt

Greetings from foggy Ljubljana in Slovenia.

Still have not bought any scents during this European vacation (excluding the one my wife bought me for my birthday in Madrid).

I took my bottle of Demeter Dirt to the big niche store in Bassano Del Grappa (Italy) so that Aldo (the owner) could test it, as I had promised him two years ago. His expert opinion was - This smells like dirt.

He kindly gave me samples of Amouge for my efforts.

He has moved his store further up the street into a bigger shop, so that he now has even more niche scents than before.

Next stop on this trip will be Zagreb in Croatia.

Cheers for now,
    Renato

Default Re: Expert Opinion on Demeter Dirt

Dirt is an exact replica of "dirt".
    My girlfriend is allergic to pollen and humid dirty places, she gets asthma. Well, when I got my bottle of DIRT I made it my scent of the day, while I was driving with my GF she got sick, she told me there was something in the air that it was making her very sick, she told me to pull over. She got out of the car and tried to calm down, it was only then when she told me it was me smelling dirty, rancid, humid, dusty and disgusting.
    Believe it or not DIRT was so very much dirty that triggered a psychosomatic reaction on my GF. The driest scent I have ever encountered and my best friend when I want to play games with people, I spray their jackets before we go out, in the car, etc ... it is simply unbearable !
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Basenotes Institution

I love it. Sometimes I spray it on, when I get home, after a shower (the irony!).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I love it. Sometimes I spray it on, when I get home, after a shower (the irony!).
    LOL! Thank you - needed that.

I found it here in HK and it does what it says - hilarious and brilliant and there is NO WAY this is going to take with the Tai Tai crowd who frequent that particular Harvey Nicks counter. But I'm glad it's there . . .

it smells like a old house that has been locked for years, that humid, rancid and dusty smell. It is painfully dried and, yet, smells also like the after rain in the dusty soil.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Is this the fragrance that smells exactly like wet soil? The smell that pervades immediately after a few light showers?
    exactly.

good for layering too...

good for layering? wow. with what? I think it will eat anything you layer it with..

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    good for layering? wow. with what? I think it will eat anything you layer it with..

actually it subsides to a skin scent after 2 hours on me.. i found it to be good for layering with Vetiver, Florals and woody based scents. ofcourse, this can be experiemented further to get better results.

thanks for the tip I will try it with guerlain vetiver

Sur la Plage

Yep, smells exactly like dirt. It's not something I ever have had the desire to purchase/wear.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I know Christopher Brosius was a founding member of Demeter and helped create a good amount of their fragrances before leaving and starting CB I Hate Perfume -- and now with his new line I notice many of his scents also have a dirt/earthy note in them. I'm wondering if he's using his same formula (or a slight variant). I've still yet to try Demeter "Dirt" but I've really enjoyed CBs stuff with the dirt notes in them.

To me it smells like 'clean dirt' - good healthy garden soil that's just been drenched with rain.

Crayfish