Code of Conduct

Post Windsor is latest limited edition fragrance from Creed

Windsor is latest limited edition fragrance from Creed

Creed have announced Windsor, their latest limited edition fragrance. Windsor was originally created in 1936 for King Edward VIII of England from ingredients grown in the British Empire.*

More...

Default Re: Windsor is latest limited edition fragrance from Creed

Again, the USA gets another Creed limited edition and the UK gets diddly squat. Having said that, I am sure that the people that this scent was alleged to be created for, probably has more appeal to the Americans than it does to the British.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: Windsor is latest limited edition fragrance from Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Again, the USA gets another Creed limited edition and the UK gets diddly squat. Having said that, I am sure that the people that this scent was alleged to be created for, probably has more appeal to the Americans than it does to the British.
    Thank you, Grant and M. Barry. How strange. I think the faux "British" motifs appeal to many people in the U.S.--young and old.

Case in point:

I was in a Juicy Couture boutique recently and was greeted with a small poster of an F.X. WInterhalter portrait of Queen Victoria decked in her ermines and crown. The wall was covered with a black-and-white reproduction of the Queen Victoria and Prince Albert wedding painting by Sir George Hayter. (I might add, M. Barry, that Hayter was the first court painter to the queen, and also did the 1839 portrait of the Comte d'Orsay from which your avatar is derived.) The Union Jack seemed to be everywhere, with pink and lavender travesties of "noble" trappings: coronets, "princess" motifs, and a HUGE pink full-scale model of early 17th century armour in the centre of the store.

Television has reality shows in which young harlots are turned into "ladies." There is a show called "Gents," or something to that effect--same premise. Guttersnipes turned into silk purses.

One has only to look at all of the crowns/coronets topping scent bottles...
    Last edited by Primrose; 22nd September 2009 at 07:13 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.