Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Tabac Blond: HOLY SMOKES!

OK, so I always look on ebay, and we all know how the prices go with this rare and wonderful juice. But.....but.....this one has outdone them all so far!

How much would you pay to smell this good?

Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Default Re: Vintage Tabac Blond: HOLY SMOKES!

Holy smokes is right!
    Do you think it's a BN'er who has bid on it?
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I don't know...whenever I see a bottle go, I hope it's to one of us...I know that we have lots of good, loving homes for unappreciated perfume! But, that is the most I've ever seen paid!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

It's definitely someone who knows his/her stuff... and someone with money to burn (or sniff).
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Good grief!

I've seen some commemorative Guerlain stuff out there with asking prices in the $3000+ range, but I don't know that it's actually sold.

Ah, here's one...still no takers.

What amazes me about this Tabac Blond is that someone has actually BID all that money!

Wow, it's lucky for some! Still, even if I had that kind of money, I'd feel irresponsible bidding that much on a perfume. I covet Tabac Blond and everything, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.
    Last edited by Anna_P; 22nd September 2009 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries

That is way out there!

I'm always a little the bidders have zero or private feedback. I'll be interested to see where this ends up.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

I hadn't noticed that....but even if you go back to a bidder with high feedback, you get an $800 bid!

Amazing. Do any other fragrances go this high for their vintage bottles? I know that Chanel No5 is actually relatively cheap for vintage...Is the wild inflation of vintage Caron prices unique? (Caron reformulations are so terrible, I can see why people are so willing to shell out for the vintage stuff....)

It's unsealed, and it's being sold as a collectible bottle; no claims are being made about the juice. I hope the winner is happy with what they get.

The same seller has a similarly mint bottle of Narcisse Noir up .... and the y***a with private feedback has been bidding like crazy on both auctions.

I just want to know where the seller found these beautiful Carons. The bottles are perfect, which seems to indicate that they have been sitting in their boxes since the day they were made....if the juice is good, these are treasures!

Indeed, and I'd love to know who's bidding/won and if they could be persuaded to offer samples *lol*. Seriously, if they're buying for the juice, that's a majorly expensive risk. My absolute maximum for a vintage buy on ebay is $50, and that's the uppermost end if it's something I *really* want. I'm just not comfortable with risking so much money and having the fragrance turn out to be unwearable. I hadn't even noticed that it was being sold as a collectible bottle as I was too busy gaping at the winning bid. The fact that it wasn't sold under fragrances is a red flag to my paranoid self, but as was said before, I hope the winner is happy.
    Last edited by Anna_P; 22nd September 2009 at 10:43 PM.