Code of Conduct

Thread: Spiced Limes

Default Spiced Limes

Is the new version from Anglia the same as the one from Crown Perfumery?

Default Re: Spiced Limes

Any thought?

I have emailed Anglia and asked. I shall have to see how they answer.
    Last edited by bokaba; 23rd September 2009 at 05:30 AM.

It's not the exact same. It's more of a re-interpretation. Very nice though, very british.

People very often make the mistake of thinking they have made the same scents and just changed their names. Not quite true. While some are very similar, they are re-interpretations. Some are completely new.
    Last edited by Aztecface; 23rd September 2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Regards,
    Jani

"It is easy to find something to die for. What do you have to live for?"
    The First One.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztecface View Post
    It's not the exact same. It's more of a re-interpretation. Very nice though, very british.

People very often make the mistake of thinking they have made the same scents and just changed their names. Not quite true. While some are very similar, they are re-interpretations. Some are completely new.
    From their website:
    "Anglia Perfumery has pledged to maintain the English scent tradition and commenced the range with formulae dating back to 1900: Royal Court and Imperial Lime. We revived and slightly revised some of Crown Perfumery’s discontinued fragrances and created new fragrances in the traditional English manner (Velvet Rose, Strand, Anglia, Amber, Richmond, Somerset and Patchouli)."

So a few are authentic, some revised, some new creations. Of course, even an old formula may smell different depending on the source of raw materials (a rose otto is NOT a rose otto). I personally don't think one could improve on Crown's Spiced Limes, but haven't tried the Anglia version.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 23rd September 2009 at 05:31 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

The Anglia rendition is slightly different. Still very good though. The only scents more or less the same as the originals and also the revived, are the Royal Yacht recipes. I prefer the Anglia renditions of those to Taylor's.

I highly recommend ordering samples from The English Scent. They charge a few €'s for them which includes shipping.
    Regards,
    Jani

The First One.

Thank you for all your help. Interestingly, I emailed Anglia and they sent a response that was the exact same to the word as Dr. Goodlife posted. Which version should I get? I am leaning toward the Crown version.

Can anyone suggest a source for purchasing Anglia scents in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Thank you for all your help. Interestingly, I emailed Anglia and they sent a response that was the exact same to the word as Dr. Goodlife posted. Which version should I get? I am leaning toward the Crown version.
    If you can find it, the Crown. I still wouldn't dismiss Anglia's "Spiced Limes". Sample it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    Can anyone suggest a source for purchasing Anglia scents in the USA?
    As I know there is only one source for them and that's The English Scent in Germany. They do ship worldwide though. www.englishscent.de The proprietor Lothar, is a very helpful gentleman.
    Regards,
    Jani

The First One.