Code of Conduct

Thumbs up S O T D Wednesday 23 September 2009

:wave::wave::wave:Hello Everybody, have all a very nice day !!!:wave::wave::wave:

Patricia de Nicolaï 's the Fabulous

NEW YORK

TOP NOTES
    Lemon, lemon petit grain oil, bergamot, lavender and armoise oils

MIDDLE NOTES
    Pimento, pepper oils, patchouli oil, cedar

BASE NOTES
    Vanilla, leather, amber
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S O T D Wednesday 23 September 2009

Estee Lauder PC Jasmine White Moss for me today

Aomassi seems appropriate on this cold, dull day. It's nutty, expansive feeling makes
    me feel cosseted and warm.

Basenotes Plus

A Travers le Miroir - The more I wear it the more I like it. It's very soft, the menthol tuberose is never overpowering and it dries down to a warm cedar base.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

L'HEURE BLEUE EdP again for me

Ah, Zebra- I'm in your camp today !

Today is slated to be FRAUGHT- so I'm in hot pink scrubs and lips, and smellin' FINE ;-)
    [Good luck w/ THAT, Chaya puss !]

May all pass swiftly, on tiptoe.
    May you all feel " new and improved".
    May pigs fly out of our tuchuses, too...albeit VERY GENTLY ;-)

MWAH !

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Narciso Rodriguez for Him Musc Collection EDP.

Notes include musk, iris and pink berries.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The air is brisk this morning....Tom Ford Velvet Gardenia should do the trick for now. Have a great day everyone! You all smell fantastic.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Good morning all. I'm in a much better mood than I've been for a while now! Looking forward till later.Me,the bf and some friends are going to see a concert later.The band is called "Defectors".They could best be described as a garage band with roots in the 60's rock.I've heard they play on saws and knives in addition to more traditional instruments....This could be interesting! Sotd is an old favourite, JPG Classique.

Envying Roberto - both the pic AND the frag....have only a few drops left of my sample. Waaaaah!

Chaya - you are SUCH a heartwarmer.

Inees...did you say B.F.??? WTF??

Warm and rainy here - perfect for the English-Garden-Vibernum-i-ness of....

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Wow! Scent triplets with The Fragrant Zebra and Chaya.

Estee Lauder Private Collection Jasmine White Moss

The banning of oakmoss as an ingredient is creating some interesting by-products as perfumers try to compose chypres without using the out of favor ingredient. This is leading to a renaissance of chypres being composed as the creativity of these artists is being challenged. One of the latest and best examples of this trend is the third release in the Estee Lauder Private Collection, Jasmine White Moss. This 2009 release is, according to the press materials, a co-creation of Estee Lauder who had been working on this in the 80's and it was re-discovered and finished by her granddaughter Aerin Lauder. I think this explains the feel of Jasmine White Moss as a cross between a strong floral 80's scent and a cleaner more modern 21st century creation. The top of this does go on with a huge floral bang reminiscent of that 80's style. What is nice is where one of those 80's powerhouses would have kept you encircled in that floral cloud; Jasmine White Moss allows the sun to shine in a bit and break up the floral fog. What shines in is what is called in the notes, White Moss Mist. I'm not sure if I know what that is but to my nose it smells like clean fresh oakmoss right out of the package. What that means is this accord has the ability to add some of the depth of oakmoss without some of the funkier aspects that go along with it. It feels like those elements have been left behind in the chemistry behind composing a replacement for it. That doesn't make it smell bad it makes it smell different like a fresh version of oakmoss and in Jasmine White moss it creates a brightness in the heart which I find captivating. Jasmine White Moss stays firmly floral and white moss for most of its development. I get some patchouli and vetiver very late in the drydown but this scent is very much what it says on the bottle. Jasmine White Moss has above average longevity and above average projection. They say necessity is the mother of invention, in this case it looks like Estee Lauder might have been the grandmother of invention for Aerin Lauder and the invention they created is quite beautiful.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

First day back to work after a long weekend in Malaysia.
    I chose Lalique Equus.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone.

Angelique Encens, by Creed

Taking the son for some oral surgery this am...I'm out the door...

I have lots of odd jobs to do at home today. I'm indulging in Bal à Versailles edc.

Have a good day!

Oh man, I need to get my hands on some Jasmine White Moss, it sounds divine!

SotD for me is 10 Corso Como. It is so lovely & cool this morning, I felt a real urge for Sandalwood.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Cocoon again today.

FM Carnal Flower today (Just like Lian down there....)... the first time I wore this, all I got was tuberose, but I'm getting some rooty goodness freshening it up this time. It's amazing how much easier it is for me to pick up subtleties now that the weather has turned...
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 23rd September 2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

carnal flower from a decant
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Joining TwoRoads in Jean Pascal pour Homme today. A unique fougere fragrance the likes of which I have yet to find any other fragrance approaches. From my review on BN:

'starts out sweet and spicy and evolves rapidly into an arrestingly smooth and muted floral of considerable depth. The finish shows a background of the floral notes but now interwoven with an earthy, musky framework'.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Still giggling at the idea of Chaya in hot pink scrubs and lippy with a large pig emerging slowly from her backside. Sorry. My brain seems to be in cartoon mode

It sounds like I'm going to have to make a side trip today to go smell that EL Jasmine and White Moss. Hmm.....

Small had her very first dance class yesterday and I was nervous about it - she loves music and sings constantly, but she hates 'gym' in school, so it could have gone either way. Plus she really wanted to do the 'pink tutu' kind of dancing and I didn't know if it might be more self-expression to music.

Not to worry. We walked in and there were half a dozen little darlings in pink tutus and hair ribbons. Small Heaven. She kept coming over to me saying "Mummy, I can DO it!!", bless her. And this morning she told us very solemnly "I don't want to go to school any more. I want to go to dancing school every day please." So this afternoon we're off tutu shopping. Yay! I am really not a girly girl, but I am so delighted Small has found something she loves that I don't care how much tulle I have to wade through. ('Tulle' is that gauzy fabric they make tutus out of, isn't it? Well, you know what I mean, anyway.)

I'm now wearing Ava Luxe's No23, but this morning I had my first private German lesson, and for that I wore Kenzo Flower, because it's pretty inoffensive. I like my teacher and I'm sure that by December I'll be more confident with my German. Hey - I might even be able to understand more than 3 words the Kindergarten teacher says to me!

Hope you all have a good day and may all your vocabularies be extended just a smidgeon.
    Last edited by Wordbird; 23rd September 2009 at 12:33 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

In Botrytis today. I love the quiet spice.

[Inees...did you say B.F.??? WTF??

Yea,I did...We're still together,but have some major issues to deal with.We have spoken about it,but nothing is done about it yet....Very typical us....

Basenotes Plus

Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Angelique Encens, by Creed

Taking the son for some oral surgery this am...I'm out the door...
    You smell divine Ubu, and good luck with your boy.

The devastatingly sexy and beautiful Creed Tubereuse Indiana. First wearing got me 4 compliments in one afternoon. Hardly noticed as I was too busy chewing my arm off.

My new favourite tuberose. Drop dead gorgeous.

beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Thumbs up Re: S O T D Wednesday 23 September 2009

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    You smell divine Ubu, and good luck with your boy.

The devastatingly sexy and beautiful Creed Tubereuse Indiana. First wearing got me 4 compliments in one afternoon. Hardly noticed as I was too busy chewing my arm off.

My new favourite tuberose. Drop dead gorgeous.

What a marvelous choice J....I am smelling you here !!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.......It is great...i love tuberose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Wearing OJ Champaca and testing DSH Cyan - this is how Creed Love in Black should smell - violet, cucumber, and a general sense of wateriness and floaty, frondy vegetation.

Also re-testing a sample of DSH Jitterbug - a beautiful vintage-style scent, which is best appreciated when young, if that is not a contradiction in terms. By which I mean that it seems to have a very short life, ie becomes unacceptably pungent as soon as your back is turned.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Institution

All are smelling extremely fine today from Carnal Flower, to Angelique Encens - wonderful. Good morning and hugs to everyone here who needs one.
    This morning I am wearing Bluebell again, it's the only one I can tolerate right now after going to the dentist yesterday. Major swelling in my right jaw, throat - I feel I had a round with Mike Tyson.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 23rd September 2009 at 02:10 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I'm in Diorissimo (thanks to Lilybelle)

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    What a marvelous choice J....I am smelling you here !!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.......It is great...i love tuberose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why thank you Roberto!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    All are smelling extremely fine today from Carnal Flower, to Angelique Encens - wonderful. Good morning and hugs to everyone here who needs one.
    This morning I am wearing Bluebell again, it's the only one I can tolerate right now after going to the dentist yesterday. Major swelling in my right jaw, throat - I feel I had a round with Mike Tyson.
    Poor you
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Another hot day predicted here. I woke myself up in the most delightful way today, with several spritzes of Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose (thank you, ComDiva for sharing this with me!).

The experience was like diving into a perfect half grapefruit, with all those little droplets shooting out all over the place. I am getting the rose now, too, now that the citrus has settled a bit. Fun and yummy, I say!

Another hot day predicted here, too! SOTD is Hong Kong Garden again; I'm too sleepy to paw through my bottles and samples for a new choice. Take care, all!

Equipage (Hermes)

It's really cold out, but wearing cashmere to help warm me and Liz Claiborne Vivid is a perfect match.

Basenotes Institution

Jasmine de Nuit by The Different Company (from a sample - thanks jr4dt)

I think this is a chypre...atleast it really smells like one. And I'm loving it. I don't think I've ever smelled a chypre done by JC Ellena. Plus the cinnamon in the dry down is, for obvious reasons, really impressing me. One big yum.

Basenotes Institution

[QUOTE=

Poor you [/QUOTE]

3xasif - Thanks darling ! *HUG* feeling more human as the morning is going by.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 23rd September 2009 at 03:59 PM.

SOTD: Montale Intense Tiare
    SOTE: Fracas

No 5 Eau Premiere for me, it hits the spot. I had bought the 200ml bottle and already have put a big dent into it.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I'm scent twins with dimples today! It's Chanel No 5 eau Premiere for me (again) today, too.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Hi all - hope your Tuesday is going/went well.

Sharing the marvelous house of Nicolai with Roberto...

SotD: Odalisque

Using up a sample now...hoping for a coupon code from BH or LS so I can buy a FB for myself and save some $$ too! (one can always hope, right?)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Gentle dental wishes to Mysticknot and Ubu's little mister.

Bigarade Concentree. Showering was delayed until afternoon. Still troubleshooting our TV. Today I learned about thermal grease on driver chips. Who knew circuitry needed fluids?

Hugs to those with healing teeth, they can be a pain in you know where.

I am not in the best physical shape these days either: the antique quilt I volunteered to restore is finished, I had to do a lot of piecing and bordering as well as simple mending where it was possible. Took me two weeks. And -- would not you know it?-- my carpal tunnel kicked in -- with swelling, numbing and difficulties doing anything at all -- not just stitching -- with the right hand. My DH -- not "dear' here -- said: "Do not volunteer!" hahaha

YSL M7 for the evening, comforting warm woods.

Fumerie Turque, again.

Mike smells yummy. I love Jasmin de Nuit. It's my favorite jasmine.

I'm wearing Pure White Linen as SotE. It's still so hot here, and this just satisfies

Chanel No. 22 parfum.

It came this afternoon. So soft and lovely.

Creed Virgin Island Water here today. Flashes of lime and coconut on a grey day.

Ouch, going to the dentist s*cks...you poor things!

(I had an appointment with my sadistic Danish dentist a couple of weeks ago, but chickened out, and called him and said I was going on vacation, and that I would contact him when I came back. He gave me a weird look when I met him at the grocery store a few days later...)

Ooops, almost forgot - SotD/SotN are Anné Pliska/Gaultier2.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Aww, Twolf, your poor wrists. What a fun, fulfilling project, though, I bet the quilt is gorgeous.

Hugs to mysticknot, your poor toothies!

I smell many tasty things in here today, Bal a Versailles, Hypnotic Poison, Chanel No. 22...mmm! I've been smelling lots o' 22 in here lately, and I'm ever so patiently awaiting my fb's arrival in the mail.

I just love my midweek day off! I got in a good workout, then I went to the farmers' market and bought some heirloom tomatoes for dinner, and ate an asparagus salad with rosemary flatbread for lunch.
    And I'm wearing Tabac Blond.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bombay Sapphire Infusion tonight. Gin and tonic without a doubt..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    ...then I went to the farmers' market and bought some heirloom tomatoes for dinner, and ate an asparagus salad with rosemary flatbread for lunch.
    And I'm wearing Tabac Blond.
    That all sounds delicious!

In fall gourmand mode now... today was Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Hope son is feeling ok after that oral surgery, ubu!

SotE for me is vetiver, vetiver, vetiver, from dividing up a kilo of vetiver resin from Eden Botanicals. Tomorrow is Premium Dark Amber, I can't wait
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Chanel Coco, the aromatic equivelent to a nicely cut wool skirt suit with giant shoulder pads

Last edited by lightgreen22; 23rd September 2009 at 11:31 PM.
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Basenotes Institution

Sunnyfunny,Quarry,RainDropSparkle - thanks deeply for your well wishes- they are always very appreciated ! *HUGS*
    This evening I am feeling more spritely and I am extensively sprayed with Jicky EDP so I am stinking up the house !
    Good evening all !

Wow. I definitely did not give Carnal Flower enough of a chance on my first go-round. (I think it was at bedtime) I am just blown away by this drydown! Gorgeous, and lives up to the "carnal!"

Darn it. Why can't I ever fall in love with something CHEAP?!?!?!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

Hi all!

I still remember getting my wisdom teeth out - all four at once and it knocked me out for days...

Today's SOTD has been a test of Armani Acqua Di Gio.

I haven't worn or smelled this in years, so it's interesting to test this again. Given the its horrible reputation here and the fragrance atrocities it is blamed with enabling, I was expecting a horrifying combination of cheap bergamot and calone, but it's not that at all.

It's herbal. Pleasantly so. With salt. I could almost consider this a salty garrigue (the smell of herbs wafting on a breeze). Trying hard, I can sort of see how the salt + dry basil + rosemary could sort of simulate watermelon (sort of...), but that's kind of reaching, at least on me. I don't care much for salty frags, so I don't think I need a bottle, but there are MUCH worse scents out there that actually deserve some of the spitefulness thrown at AdG way more than this does.
    Last edited by rogalal; 23rd September 2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Good evening all

Mystic, hope you will feel all well soon.

Last evening's Nirmala was still pretty strong when i arose today, so i decided to enjoy its lingering scent; talk about tenacity.

When it wore down, a good 14 hours after application, i put on some SMN Muschio, which smells delightful.

Tonight i put on some Un Jour de Charles Jourdan, which is as sweet and yummy as floral candy.

My tummy has been growling since dinner, i think Chaya's wish for all is coming to fruition; a pig flying out of my 'tuchus', but it could just be a rumbly tumbly.

Have a great night all, love and hugs
    Last edited by Brielle87; 24th September 2009 at 02:13 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Another Guerlain Green day for me...Sous le Vent by day, Vol de Nuit by night.

Hello everybody!!!

I hope your week is going fine.

mysticknot, I hope you feel better. put an icepack on your cheeck.

Today I wore my brand new Eau de Reglisse
    Evenstar

Yesterday...

Kouros (YSL)

Miss Dior Cherie L'eau
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com