Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Decant swaps announcement

    Great news! Due to popular demand Basenotes will be resuming decant swaps (not sales) shortly. Grant is now forming some rules which will be designed to make the exchanges fun and fair while assuring that Basenotes has no liabilities regarding the current "no decant" rules adopted by Ebay due to the perfume industry's policies. Please wait until the rules are published here and please remember that no cash can publicly be requested or exchanged.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Will there be a separate samples/decants forum? If not, can we do a decant post and a bottle post?

  3. #3
    Feedback 275 (100%)
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Great news. Thank you.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    My opinion is that there is no need for another board and that the one thread per board limit, excepting approved splits, should remain intact. I will have to wait to see if Grant decides to modify these current policies.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Great news this made my day! I'm so excited about getting to swap some decants with you guys!

    Also, I think the one thread thing will work well because it's easier to keep track of who has what etc etc.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Please remember that one of the three marketplace requirements must always be met to post here, not to respond to a thread.
    "To post a new thread to the swap and sale boards you will need to meet any one of the following criteria.
    be a supporting member
    have made over 500 posts
    have been a member for over one year."

  7. #7
    Feedback 129 (100%) Hasupk@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,557

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    great
    look forward to dealing with these decants
    better than blind buying my way through fragrance mania!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

  8. #8
    Feedback 65 (100%) Dimitrios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Blue Mountains
    Posts
    3,206

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Superb news !! i don't need more volume ,, just varierty !!

    SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

    *** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

    FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

  9. #9
    Feedback 110 (100%) Asha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,166

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Stuigi, can we also list decants as free giveaways in our sales threads?

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    That's a tough one. It could be construed as part of the price which could be problematic.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Yeah, I'd consider that kind of thing as an intensive to buy something.

    Another thought, what about USED decants from others? I think it's be fine to list them as such. Otherwise, I'd prefer newly made decants.

    Also some prefer glass bottles but everyone will have something different to offer.

  12. #12
    Feedback 136 (100%) gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,923

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Are we ready to go ahead and post decant swaps on the board or are we supposed to wait until the rules are re-written?

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    gupts- I know many people are ready to go, but please wait until Grant posts the rules. I will contact him today to see if I can help get it going. Thanks for asking. Stu

  14. #14

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Come on already, I'm dying here. When is this going to start. I'm ready to take out my pitchfork.

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    I assure you guys that it will be very soon. Grant is going over the rules/suggestions right now. Please stay tuned and put the weapons away!

  16. #16
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    I assure you guys that it will be very soon. Grant is going over the rules/suggestions right now. Please stay tuned and put the weapons away!
    Cool bro. No worries. We know the announcement will be posted......and that you'll let us know. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Have fun and let the swapping begin!
    Rules and suggestions
    1. All wishing to start a decant swap thread must meet one of the three marketplace requirements:
    a. be a supporter
    b. have over 500 posts
    c. be a member for over one year
    2. No sales, no mention of any cash as partial payment etc.
    3. Please know the size of the atomizers/roll-ons you are using as there are many available
    4. Please close all decants tightly, tape should be used if necessary, label all decants with small labels or Sharpie pens. As many glass decant containers have broken prior to delivery please pack very carefully.
    5. Please remember that Basenotes assumes no responsibility for bad deals. Anyone who after a reasonable time and number of attempts at contact does not receive their end of a deal may bring this to the moderator's attention. Basenotes will make an attempt to recognize scammers and alert the membership as to their existence.
    6. All other marketplace rules apply
    These rules are subject to change as Basenotes sees fit.

  18. #18
    Feedback 59 (100%) GraySwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    This is WONDERFUL news! The ability to swap decants was probably my greatest attraction to Basenotes in the very beginning and the very thing that enabled me to develop & refine my fragrance hobby. I can't tell you how much I've missed it! Thank you Grant for bringing my "fun" back!

  19. #19
    Feedback 86 (100%) Master-Classter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    STUIGI - what about making a new tab under wardrobe that's a list of "available for decant"? That way I can browse someone's wardrobe and send them a PM asking for a decant of something, they may say, sure, but they never would have gone to the trouble of actually offering a thread with the list for people.

    I know at least that's what i would do. I'm not going to start a whole list/thread, but if someone PM's me and says, "hey, can I get a 5ml of the X?", I'd say sure.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

  20. #20
    Feedback 11 (100%) bluesoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Land of green chile, Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,821
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    STUIGI - what about making a new tab under wardrobe that's a list of "available for decant"? That way I can browse someone's wardrobe and send them a PM asking for a decant of something, they may say, sure, but they never would have gone to the trouble of actually offering a thread with the list for people.

    I know at least that's what i would do. I'm not going to start a whole list/thread, but if someone PM's me and says, "hey, can I get a 5ml of the X?", I'd say sure.
    I just put a list of exclusions in the provided text field, see here for an example. Quicker, more explanatory, and saves some database overhead.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Have fun and let the swapping begin!
    Rules and suggestions
    1. All wishing to start a decant swap thread must meet one of the three marketplace requirements:
    a. be a supporter
    b. have over 500 posts
    c. be a member for over one year
    2. No sales, no mention of any cash as partial payment etc.
    3. Please know the size of the atomizers/roll-ons you are using as there are many available
    4. Please close all decants tightly, tape should be used if necessary, label all decants with small labels or Sharpie pens. As many glass decant containers have broken prior to delivery please pack very carefully.
    5. Please remember that Basenotes assumes no responsibility for bad deals. Anyone who after a reasonable time and number of attempts at contact does not receive their end of a deal may bring this to the moderator's attention. Basenotes will make an attempt to recognize scammers and alert the membership as to their existence.
    6. All other marketplace rules apply
    These rules are subject to change as Basenotes sees fit.
    Is it permissible to swap a bottle for a decant or number of decants? Or is it only decant for decant swapping?

  22. #22
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    If both sides agree, then sure.

    ---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

    bluesoul- If you are able to create such a tab then by all means go for it. Otherwise, Grant has said he was going to bring back the ability to see wanted and available items. Maybe he can institute other wardrobe features as well.
    Last edited by stuigi; 12th October 2009 at 08:50 PM.

  23. #23
    Feedback 11 (100%) bluesoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Land of green chile, Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,821
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    If both sides agree, then sure.

    ---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

    bluesoul- If you are able to create such a tab then by all means go for it. Otherwise, Grant has said he was going to bring back the ability to see wanted and available items. Maybe he can institute other wardrobe features as well.
    My post was a reply to Masster-Classter who wanted to see such a tab. I don't have a terribly strong leaning either way, I'm content to put a brief listing of why things may or may not be available.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

  24. #24
    Feedback 129 (100%) Hasupk@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,557

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    I was wondering if this will affect split sales in any way
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

  25. #25
    Moderator
    Feedback 505 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: Decant swaps announcement

    Split sales must continue to follow the strict guidelines that were imposed to prevent them from being construed as decant sales.

Similar Threads

  1. Decant swaps announcement
    By stuigi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24th September 2009, 11:28 PM
  2. Decant swaps announcement
    By stuigi in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd September 2009, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •