Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1
    loungeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oahu, USA
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unhappy My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    I've had pretty good success buying some scents from eBay.
    I usually follow the rules of buying from established sellers with 99%+ feedback. Last week I let my guard down and now regret it.
    Longish story as short as possible:
    I have been on a Mugler buying spree of late and last week I saw a relatively new seller (only 5 feedback) had about 7-10 auctions all running and ending at the same time for the 1.7 oz Angel EdP, brand new. Thinking with so many auctions ending at once I might be able to score a deal or two I placed a few bids and was very happy to have won two. I paid and few days later the seller contacted me and said that the 1.7 oz was backordered but they have the 3.4 oz Edp and would be happy to send me that instead.
    Yes the alarm bells went off but I still bit. I asked about the bottles and was assured they were brand new and sealed and were the refillable tall bottles.
    Well I got them today and opened one. The boxes look great. Totally genuine. Inside was another story. The juice is a very ugly greenish blue and then I spritzed. Two, three, four spritzes...nothing! Usually one spritz of Angel is enough for me. This I could barely smell. A few minutes later it started to smell...and smell it did! But not like Angel. It was just a light generic rose aroma. Further drydown led to an Angel-esque vibe but there was still no patchouli, no chocolate, and no longevity whatsoever. There wasn’t even the usual Mugler “invitation” in the box.
    Live and learn but I am bummed nonetheless. I got what I paid for. These are refillable bottles. I wonder if they took the good juice out and replaced it with this bug spray?
    I shot off an email telling the seller they are selling obvious fakes and demanded a full refund.
    Thanks for listening to my tale of woe.
    I've attached some pics. I wish I could let you smell it too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    I hope you get your money back.
    eBay is full of fakes these days and one has to be wary when buying.
    Recently I was stung with fakes of over $450....Even lost case with Paypal....So I am stuck with them...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,816
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Nice report loungeboy, always good to know what the status with fakes are these days, especially on Ebay.

    Even if you get a refund, please don't forget to leave negative feedback for the seller - otherwise future buyers will end up getting stung like you did .

  4. #4

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Tell us about your fakes, please, Gupts!

  5. #5
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by perfumeperfection View Post
    Tell us about your fakes, please, Gupts!
    10 Tester bottles of Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Chance & No. 5.

    I bought them to resell on eBay but it never happened.

    The seller had 800+ feedback, mostly from selling store gift cards. I thought this seller won't sell fakes and therefore went ahead with confidence.

    The package arrived and I realized all were fakes. Filed a case with Paypal. Paypal wanted me to obtain a certificate from Chanel or from Chanel sellers that they were fakes. It was such a ridiculous thing to ask for. Obviously I couldn't get it and I lost the case. I filed a chargeback with my Credit card company but that isn't working either.

    The fakes are of great quality I must say. I am sure that they'd go undetected by a majority of people.

    Just a sad story in the end.

  6. #6
    Bigsugarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    I wonder...perhaps since the fake Chanel's you speak of are of such high quality, could they be watered down originals? I just wonder why people would spend sooooo much time trying to recreate something like a fragrance

  7. #7
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsugarman View Post
    I wonder...perhaps since the fake Chanel's you speak of are of such high quality, could they be watered down originals? I just wonder why people would spend sooooo much time trying to recreate something like a fragrance
    The difference was first detected from the printing on the bottles and subsequently by comparing the juice.

    As for the people spending time to recreate a fragrance, they do it for the money.
    Just do a search of Chanel No. 5 on eBay and you'd be shocked to see so many bottles. A lot of them are fakes and a lot of them get sold to unsuspecting buyers.
    For buyers who can identify them, there is a good chance that the seller can still get away with it...The sellers offer a 50% refund to buyers if they leave positive feedback for them....Some buyers agree to do it.

    Some buyers don't even know their rights to use paypal as a remedy to file a case against the sellers. In some cases (like mine) even this didnt work as Paypal wants a certificate from a competent authority that the fragrances are fake. What a joke? I went to Myer and the SA said they have no authority to certify goods that have not been bought from Myer. Now if I had a friend who has a perfumery, maybe that would have helped.

  8. #8
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Chanel probably has the most often faked frags in the world. Angel fakes have been very common over the past few years as well. Most of this stuff comes from China according to industry insiders.

  9. #9

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Chanel probably has the most often faked frags in the world. Angel fakes have been very common over the past few years as well. Most of this stuff comes from China according to industry insiders.
    Agreed. If there's one perfume house I would completely avoid purchasing on ebay, it would be Chanel. I know there's the odd rare Chanel fragrance popping up but still...

  10. #10
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Whether or not this seller gives you a refund, put his ass on blast and leave very negative feedback in order to help the next potential buyer.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Total bummer. From what I've learned the best/only way to avoid fakes is to buy from sellers who deal only in perfume and have a long track record (with NO feedback indicating they've sold a fake). Even if the product costs more it's better to be safe then get a deal and be sorry. I've bought quite a few Chanels via ebay from such sellers and I've never had a problem. In general it seems that the most popular fragrances (angel, No.5) are the ones most likely to be faked.

    Good luck with your case against the seller.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    let us know how it goes with your case

  13. #13
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    What gets me is that surely Ebay know by now, that a lot of fragrances sold there are fakes - can't they be more stringent with the rules ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  14. #14
    loungeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oahu, USA
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Gupts I'm sorry to hear of your eBay troubles. Even though I may be out only $70 I feel your pain.
    The seller says they have a money back guarantee but I haven't gotten a response from them concerning getting a refund. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

  15. #15
    MFfan310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Except for the pinwheel marks on the box, that was a very well-done fake. However, there's one wee little problem: the counterfeiters copied the old Angel packaging!

    Thierry Mugler recently "tweaked" their Angel packaging to include the new Thierry Mugler logo, made the shade of blue on the box slightly darker, made the word "ANGEL" about 75% bigger, and switched the Mugler Circle invitation from a slip in the box to an access code that you enter on the Web. Mugler/Clarins said that this was done for Angel's 15th anniversary, but I think that this was probably also done to deter counterfeiters...
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

  16. #16
    jenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bombay
    Posts
    5,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    jeez man.. so sorry to hear that LB and Gupts

  17. #17
    loungeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oahu, USA
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    I heard from the seller who of course is shocked, SHOCKED that someone would say he might be selling fakes.
    Someone is saying it now pal.
    I've been promised a full refund as soon as he gets the bottles back.
    In similar news, yesterday I rec'd a bottle of A*MEN from a different ebay seller and that even had problems. The frag is genuine but the bottle is very old and has either been used or is a factory second "low fill" as there is approx 1/2" of space between the juice and the bottle. I paid for brand new.
    I've heard and read the horror stories of Chanel and Creed on ebay....now add Mugler to the list!
    Buyer beware everybody.

  18. #18

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I hope you get your money back.
    eBay is full of fakes these days and one has to be wary when buying.
    Recently I was stung with fakes of over $450....Even lost case with Paypal....So I am stuck with them...
    Of course PayPal screwed you. They don't have the final say, however. File a dispute with your financial institution for Product not as Described. Make sure you don't throw out the fakes.

  19. #19

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Back in the day I got myself a fake CK Crave off eBay...good times good times...

  20. #20

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,816
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Good thing he's giving you a refund loungeboy. I bought a fake pair of Nike Dunks off Ebay once and when I wanted a refund I got it, but since I was so relieved to get all my money back (including shipping), I left the guy neutral feedback.... Stupid me! Should have left negative with a description too.

    People who sell fakes and then lie about it don't even deserve neutral feedback ratings! Even if they give you a refund. I'm sure you've already thought about this, I just felt the need to blab.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 25th September 2009 at 10:53 PM.

  21. #21

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    I got a fake of A&F Fierce. It was horribly imitated from the fragrance itself to the bottle to the packaging.

  22. #22

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post
    I've had pretty good success buying some scents from eBay.
    I usually follow the rules of buying from established sellers with 99%+ feedback. Last week I let my guard down and now regret it.
    Longish story as short as possible:
    I have been on a Mugler buying spree of late and last week I saw a relatively new seller (only 5 feedback) had about 7-10 auctions all running and ending at the same time for the 1.7 oz Angel EdP, brand new. Thinking with so many auctions ending at once I might be able to score a deal or two I placed a few bids and was very happy to have won two. I paid and few days later the seller contacted me and said that the 1.7 oz was backordered but they have the 3.4 oz Edp and would be happy to send me that instead.
    Yes the alarm bells went off but I still bit. I asked about the bottles and was assured they were brand new and sealed and were the refillable tall bottles.
    Well I got them today and opened one. The boxes look great. Totally genuine. Inside was another story. The juice is a very ugly greenish blue and then I spritzed. Two, three, four spritzes...nothing! Usually one spritz of Angel is enough for me. This I could barely smell. A few minutes later it started to smell...and smell it did! But not like Angel. It was just a light generic rose aroma. Further drydown led to an Angel-esque vibe but there was still no patchouli, no chocolate, and no longevity whatsoever. There wasn’t even the usual Mugler “invitation” in the box.
    Live and learn but I am bummed nonetheless. I got what I paid for. These are refillable bottles. I wonder if they took the good juice out and replaced it with this bug spray?
    I shot off an email telling the seller they are selling obvious fakes and demanded a full refund.
    Thanks for listening to my tale of woe.
    I've attached some pics. I wish I could let you smell it too.
    This seems like the work of the DEVIL!

  23. #23
    Hasupk@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    my frist ebay fake was acqua di geo about 2 years ago
    I didnt know what the real thing was like so I didnt know
    it smelled like downey lol
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

  24. #24

    Amit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    5,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I hope you get your money back.
    eBay is full of fakes these days and one has to be wary when buying.
    Recently I was stung with fakes of over $450....Even lost case with Paypal....So I am stuck with them...


    $450 would've fetched you one of those 250ml bottles of any of the Tom Ford Private Blends.

    Damn!


    PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather




  25. #25
    loungeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oahu, USA
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Just a final update.
    I finally did receive the promised refund. The seller blamed his supplier, apologized for all the trouble, returned my money and promptly resigned from ebay. I am still out the $14 it cost to send the stuff back but I guess it beats the alternative.
    And thus ends my purchase of frags from ebay.
    For a while....

  26. #26

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Hey! Are those embossed marks around all the box a normal feature? Is that a security mark? My Angel Men/A*Men got it too.

    Besides, the fragrance makes my skin get a little bit redish...

  27. #27

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Sorry to hear about your experience with ebay. I usually try to avoid buying fragrances online because you never really know who you are dealing with. Demand your money back

  28. #28

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    My policy now with the commonly faked frags is that I have to have it in my hands before I will pay for it (or send out my end of a swap). Of course, this means no ebay purchases for these, not that I want any of them at this point. However, if you use toolhaus.org and follow other common sense advice, there are some great deals for the less common frags.

  29. #29
    MFfan310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny8900 View Post
    Hey! Are those embossed marks around all the box a normal feature? Is that a security mark? My Angel Men/A*Men got it too.

    Besides, the fragrance makes my skin get a little bit redish...
    Those embossed tracks around the box are not a normal feature at all.

    You definitely have a fake.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

  30. #30

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    It is tuff on ebay these days lots of fakes floating around if the price is too good to be true or you don't know your stuff you can be ripped off.

    I bought once a bottle of 212 Sexy Men by CH and the box was perfect until the can came out it was a funky pink color and cheap tin - didn't even spray it.

  31. #31
    blas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!


  32. #32

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Honestly with the deep discount offered by many of online retailers, I don't think it is worth the risk of buying from ebay. I know there are some hard to find fragrances out there, but if your patient they usually pop up in the sell/trade forum

  33. #33

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    10 Tester bottles of Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Chance & No. 5.

    I bought them to resell on eBay but it never happened.

    The seller had 800+ feedback, mostly from selling store gift cards. I thought this seller won't sell fakes and therefore went ahead with confidence.

    The package arrived and I realized all were fakes. Filed a case with Paypal. Paypal wanted me to obtain a certificate from Chanel or from Chanel sellers that they were fakes. It was such a ridiculous thing to ask for. Obviously I couldn't get it and I lost the case. I filed a chargeback with my Credit card company but that isn't working either.

    The fakes are of great quality I must say. I am sure that they'd go undetected by a majority of people.

    Just a sad story in the end.
    I succeeded in all Paypal disputes. As long as you sent them back to ebay sellers and submit tracking numbers, Paypal will refund the money back to you. If they don't, file a charge back with your bank card. Make sure you use American Express because AMEX really cares for its customers not like Visa or Mastercard.

  34. #34
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by lingla View Post
    I succeeded in all Paypal disputes. As long as you sent them back to ebay sellers and submit tracking numbers, Paypal will refund the money back to you. If they don't, file a charge back with your bank card. Make sure you use American Express because AMEX really cares for its customers not like Visa or Mastercard.
    Mine was Mastercard and you are right, they didn't give a damn and I lost all my money.

  35. #35
    Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Doesn't Ebay own PayPal? I agree that Ebay/PayPal doesn't seem to give a damn when it comes to many disputes like this.

    I purchased YSL l'homme from an Ebay perfume seller with 10,000+ feedback and it was still a fake. The top of the bottle was visibly glued on with some type of epoxy, and the juice smelled like piss.

    After my experience, and reading about other people's experiences, I will NEVER purchase a fragrance from Ebay again. I don't care how much feedback the seller has.

    Furthermore, it seems to be much safer to pay online using your straight-up credit card rather than paying through PayPal. It's easier to dispute a charge if Ebay/PayPal isn't acting as the middle-man.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    What gets me is that surely Ebay know by now, that a lot of fragrances sold there are fakes - can't they be more stringent with the rules ?
    Whilst I agree with this sentiment, it is difficult to see much that ebay can do other than ban sellers caught out i.e. after the event. Such selleres are often only found out when someone like the OP, who knows a bit about fragrance, buys from them and this is often only after a long period of selling fakes. Best way round this is to not buy from ebay. I have bought just the once and 'think' I got the real thing (Kenzo pour homme fresh) and paid similar to expected retail price from seller with 100% feedback on 1000s of transactions. Would still feel very uncomfortable buying a high value bottle from such a seller though.

  37. #37
    Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Ebay isn't going to stop it because they make a ton of money off of these sellers, and it's so damn hard to regulate. Best thing we can do to protect ourselves is to make informed decisions and, ultimately, take our business elsewhere. The faked-fragrance market is only getting bigger and more lucrative because of companies like Ebay.

  38. #38
    The_Cologneist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    4,757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    I still fail to see why people purchase fragrances from Ebay.. There's a very good possibility it's a fake unless it's from a seller with a reputable website such as fragnet. Ebay is really good with clones too.. I've seen pictures of bottles/boxes that look very well done.

  39. #39

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    funny story...i bought A-Men blindly on ebay a few months ago...it was a tester bottle for a seller who had high feedback and guaranteed authenticity. so i sprayed it on my hand and IMMEDIATLY thought it was a fake. it had a nasty, synthetic opening that smelled like fake peppermint to it. i gave it another hour and same thing. then i got home and read all the reviewes and found out thats just how it smells...


    once those tops notes are gone is smells pretty good though...
    Last edited by Armor King; 28th March 2010 at 09:31 AM.

  40. #40
    jcrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of Cambridge
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Yep, been there too. Last year I bought a bottle of Green Valley off a guy in Singapore. At best it was tainted, at worst it was fake. It smelled like it was Green Valley with Erolfa added. I returned it but, guess what, no refund.

    Never again. We live and learn!

  41. #41
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    Yep, been there too. Last year I bought a bottle of Green Valley off a guy in Singapore. At best it was tainted, at worst it was fake. It smelled like it was Green Valley with Erolfa added. I returned it but, guess what, no refund.

    Never again. We live and learn!
    I thought sellers from Singapore had a lot of integrity...most fakers are in the USA or places like Bulgaria, Romania etc...
    .......plus a fake Green Valley? This Creed is not even popular.....I wonder who'd take the pain to imitate this one.

  42. #42
    jcrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of Cambridge
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    You may be right, Gupts. Like I said, possibly it was tainted, but it definitely wasn't good juice. Believe me, I know Green Valley, I've been wearing it for quite a while.
    Last edited by jcrich; 28th March 2010 at 02:11 PM.

  43. #43
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    You may be right, Gupts. Like I said, possibly it was tainted, but it definitely wasn't good juice. Believe me, I know Green Valley, I've been wearing it for quite a while.
    Could have been spoilt juice.....I too had bought a bottle of Leonard pour homme from Singapore & realized that the juice had turned.....old stock perhaps.

  44. #44
    jcrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South of Cambridge
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    You're probably right, Gupts. The seller had very good feedback, and it was an ex tester. GV is one of my favoutite frags but this one smelled quite salty, not that beautiful fresh opening that I've grown used to.

    To make matters worse, Creed don't sell GV in the UK anymore, so I have to import it now!

  45. #45
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    ^^^^ I just tested Green Valley yesterday and am already on a path to look for a cheapish bottle. It instantly catapulted into my favorite Creeds.
    Yeah, for some reason they withdrew GV from the UK. I wonder why since it is still available on Creeds website outside of the UK.

  46. #46

    Default Re: My First eBay Fake aka That's no Angel!

    I've established long ago Chanels shouldnt be bought on ebay because my friend bought a fake a few years ago.
    Well nevermind, about the Angel, loungeboy, I'm very sorry about your loss here, if you didn't see the photo of that boy or bottle, you couldnt have known.
    However! If I'd seen this photo you're showing now, it really looks like a fake. First the cellophane, then the box, and most of all the bottle, the liquid is tealish not blue.
    Thank you for the warning tho
    Last time i got my Angel it was from Strawberry, 50ml star, really genuine, but cheaper then here. I certainly wont be ordering from ebay, thank you for the warning
    chown -R us ./base

Similar Threads

  1. Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!
    By Propaganda13 in forum Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 7th November 2013, 03:15 PM
  2. Fake Creed GIT - Comparison Pics
    By tomtom in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 17th August 2011, 03:12 PM
  3. A Guide To Basenoters on How to eBay Fragrances Successfully
    By s0me0nesmind1 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd August 2008, 08:26 PM
  4. Fake or adulterated Serge Lutens on eBay
    By surreality in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24th July 2008, 04:53 AM
  5. How can I get proof that an item I bought off ebay is FAKE
    By raoulduke in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26th August 2007, 06:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •