Code of Conduct

Default Fat Electrician Now at Luckyscent

No repairs being done, just the fragrance!

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...ectrician.html

Default Re: Fat Electrician Now at Luckyscent

Fat Electrician!
    That is perhaps the most bizarre name for a fragrance that I've come across.

Description at Luckyscent says 'Inspired from a real story from the life of a young gigolo'.

The fact that it's a vetiver fragrance, I am interested.

Thanks

I just received - today - a package from TPC containing decants of the entire Etat Libre line...I'm excited to check these out as I understand they're ecclectic and modern. I guess I'll order the Fat Electrician as well to complete the set. Vetiver and vanilla? Sounds interesting. Gotta hand it to Etat Libre, the marketing isn't the standard 'we're so fancy and upscale' image you get with everyone else. I like that they're spoofing the norm. Most houses subtly sell sex so Etat Libre goes over the top with it (Don't get me Wrong...), instead of a sexy male model or macho name they have Fat Electrician.

FYI, there was another thread on this (started by me) here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228531

I started the current thread, as I infer this is its debut in the United States.

Arghh.. My TPC package with all my Etat Libre samples was apparently delivered to the wrong address. Luckily the post got it back and will bring it by tomorrow.

For the first time, I might try a perfume based solely on this bizarre label, if only because the name is either such a desperate call for attention, or a flamboyantly irreverent dig at the endlessly pretentious perfume names that have glutted the market in the last 50 years. Funny, and clever, but I have no doubt that this scent story will soon be forgotten and the only association will be one of a sweaty worker and a perspiration-stained T-shirt. Might make an interesting conversation piece or collector’s item.

The notes actually sound very promising. But even if it smelled good, what would you say to a pretty woman who asked you what you were wearing?

"Excuse me, but you smell wonderful, what is that?"
    "Fat Electrician"

I don't think that would turn out well. hahaha
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    For the first time, I might try a perfume based solely on this bizarre label, if only because the name is either such a desperate call for attention, or a flamboyantly irreverent dig at the endlessly pretentious perfume names that have glutted the market in the last 50 years. Funny, and clever, but I have no doubt that this scent story will soon be forgotten and the only association will be one of a sweaty worker and a perspiration-stained T-shirt. Might make an interesting conversation piece or collector’s item.
    Given ELDO's marketing on the whole I'm guessing it is your second suggestion - that it's a dig at the pretentiously fancy names from most of the industry. As someone in the marketing industry I appreciate when a company sets itself apart from the rest of its competition via clever image creation. I like that even with the silly names and graphics, all of ELDO's bottles are uniform, simple blocks of glass. To me the message is "it's about what's inside the bottle, not the bottle itself".