Code of Conduct

Default Parfums Delrae - Have you tried Emotionnelle or Mythique?

These are not listed in the directory and I would like to know your views on them. So far I've tried Amoureuse from Delrae and found it a high quality creation however there was one note in there that spoilt it for me- I think its anise but its not listed on the notes chart.

Emotionnelle Notes
    Melon, tangerine, bergamot, ylang-ylang, violet flowers and leaves, jasmine, rose, prune, iris, cedarwood, vetiver, labdanum, cloves, vanilla, amber, cinnamon, honey.

Perfumer
    Michel Roudnitska

Mythique Notes
    Mandarin, Italian bergamot, ivy, peony, jasmin concrete, Florentine orris butter, sandalwood, patchouli, ambrette musk

Perfumer
    Yann Vasnier

"What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Parfums Delrae - Have you tried Emotionnelle or Mythique?

has anyone tried these yet. I know I should have posted these in the 'Female Fragrance section' but the views I want are more relevant from here.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I've tried them both, and I've met and spoken to DelRae Roth, the woman who founded the house that makes them. (You can read about it in my blog post here.)

I'm really very fond of Mythique, to the point where I have some on my shelf. The orris in this strikes me as being the highest quality, and the other notes support it beautifully. The longevity is very good (all the scents are EdPs), and the sillage is brilliant without being overpowering. With all the iris scents for men on the market now, this seems perfectly comfortable as a masculine. Yann Vasnier has done a beautiful job on designing this perfume.

Here's a review I wrote of it:

The iris in this is rich and magnificent, fresh with the citrus notes bursting in the top. The heart of ivy, peony, and jasmine is floral with a slightly bitter green twist, which keeps the freshness going; the woody amber base makes the perfect anchor and also boosts the rootiness of the iris, keeping it from coming across as too powdery. The peony-jasmine heart, balanced by the green ivy, stops short of being too feminine, making this a possible wear for a devil-may-care kind of guy. (Me? You?)

Émotionnelle is another story for me. I love all the other scents by this house, and I want to love this one, too. Michel Roudnitska is a real genius, and I appreciate all the other ones he has done for DelRae. My problem with this is that the melon note in it goes out of balance for my skin. Melon doesn't smell all that good on me to begin with, and it can only work on my skin if it's a very background note. This scent is beautiful on paper, and probably on most people's skin as well. I can admire it for its excellent qualities, but sadly, it's not for me.

So there it is. I hope it gives you a better idea of both these excellent scents.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Thank you very much I shall pour over these reviews!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I received a sample of Mythique a few months ago and posted about it in the Female Fragrances section (but a search fails to reveal the thread for some reason). Mythique is supposed to be inspired by Diane de Poitiers, the Duchess of Valentinois who was King Henri II's mistress. Apparently Florentine iris and flowers abound in the gardens at the Loire valley castle given to her by Henri II.

It is beautiful and well crafted but I don't find it particularly engaging, seems rather devoid of personality. I feel Vasnier took the safer route by focusing on the gardens rather than the person, blending in more florals around the orris butter to give the scent a fuller more rounded feel. A little too feminine for my tastes.

Blog Entries

I really disliked Emotionelle. That artificial melon note was too overbearing, IMO. Mythique may work on male skin but it did nothing for me. Too chemical, I thought. I like all the other previous frags, but these last two didn't work for me.
    Last edited by kumquat; 5th January 2010 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries

My wife loves Mythique. It's her kind of iris. I personally, prefer the simpler but bolder Iris Pallida.

My wife loved Mythique on first sniff. Her first comment was "Now this is a real iris perfume."

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I've tried them both, and I've met and spoken to DelRae Roth, the woman who founded the house that makes them. (You can read about it in my blog post here.)

I'm really very fond of Mythique, to the point where I have some on my shelf. The orris in this strikes me as being the highest quality, and the other notes support it beautifully. The longevity is very good (all the scents are EdPs), and the sillage is brilliant without being overpowering. With all the iris scents for men on the market now, this seems perfectly comfortable as a masculine. Yann Vasnier has done a beautiful job on designing this perfume.

Here's a review I wrote of it:

The iris in this is rich and magnificent, fresh with the citrus notes bursting in the top. The heart of ivy, peony, and jasmine is floral with a slightly bitter green twist, which keeps the freshness going; the woody amber base makes the perfect anchor and also boosts the rootiness of the iris, keeping it from coming across as too powdery. The peony-jasmine heart, balanced by the green ivy, stops short of being too feminine, making this a possible wear for a devil-may-care kind of guy. (Me? You?)

Émotionnelle is another story for me. I love all the other scents by this house, and I want to love this one, too. Michel Roudnitska is a real genius, and I appreciate all the other ones he has done for DelRae. My problem with this is that the melon note in it goes out of balance for my skin. Melon doesn't smell all that good on me to begin with, and it can only work on my skin if it's a very background note. This scent is beautiful on paper, and probably on most people's skin as well. I can admire it for its excellent qualities, but sadly, it's not for me.

So there it is. I hope it gives you a better idea of both these excellent scents.
    I couldn't agree more on both frags. Mythique is very nice. There is something just wrong with Emotionnelle, it's just yuck on me.