Code of Conduct

Default Captivated by Tobacco Vanille & Chergui - Other Suggestions?

Just like the title says I am currently captivated by the scents of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille as well as Chergui by Serge Lutens. Knowing that I'm currently in love with these two wonderful scents, what other fragrances would you suggest I try? Thanks.

Default Re: Captivated by Tobacco Vanille & Chergui - Other Suggestions?

Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille? It's how Lutens would do Tobacco Vanille, although there's more booze, less tobacco.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Dependent

+1 SDV, Guerlain.

And based on online reviews, Havana Vanille by L'Artisan (due release: Oct) should interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille? It's how Lutens would do Tobacco Vanille, although there's more booze, less tobacco.
    SDV is just wonderful, it completely surpass my expectations since I don't think there's another vanilla-based fragrance that's better than Tom Ford's.

BTW, Serge Lutens actually has done vanilla with Une Bois Vanille. Smoke, spices and woods underplay the rich vanilla. I mean very rich since it's SWEETTTTT.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely give SDV a try and look forward to testing Havana Vanille.

try Malles musc ravageur

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    try Malles musc ravageur
    Awhile ago I was going to order a sample but was too scared lol, but I definitely will order one now and give it a try!

Basenotes Institution

Tea For Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I love & recommend all of the above. Two others that I would suggest are Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé and Parfumerie Generale's Aomassai -- both very rich, interesting gourmands, in my opinion. Neither has the tobacco or pipe smoke that I love in SDV, but AN has a boozy rum note, and Aomassai is spicy, woody, and sweet (caramel, toasted hazelnuts, licorice, bitter orange, spices, wenge wood, vetiver, balsam wood, incense, dried grasses, resins).
    Sniff and let sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    I love & recommend all of the above. Two others that I would suggest are Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé and Parfumerie Generale's Aomassai -- both very rich, interesting gourmands, in my opinion. Neither has the tobacco or pipe smoke that I love in SDV, but AN has a boozy rum note, and Aomassai is spicy, woody, and sweet (caramel, toasted hazelnuts, licorice, bitter orange, spices, wenge wood, vetiver, balsam wood, incense, dried grasses, resins).
    Oh wow I loved Vetiver Tonka so I'm sure I'll fall in love with Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé. Also will be putting Aomassai and Tea for Two on my sampling order list. Thanks again for the great recommendations! I can't wait to test these out as I absoultely LOVE LOVE LOOOVEEEEE gourmands and equally love boozy notes as well. I'm so excited!

Another vote for Tea for Two and for Aomassai. If you can tolerate powder, also Cadjmere.
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem? Sweet coffee.
    A little further away (less sweet and creamy, more gingery and sparkly) is Sushi Imperiale.

Crayfish

I've always considered Tobacco Vanille, Tea for Two and Ambre Narguilé kissing cousins. They have the same sweet amber base but differ in execution.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Thanks for the suggestions Crayfish! I hear that Cadjmere has notes of coconut which I love...I can't wait to get my hands on a sample of this!

Basenotes Plus

You won't find any tobacco or smoke in Musc Ravageur; it seems to me an airier more unisex scent. I'm looking to sample SMN Toscano which might be worth a try.

By extension of vanilla, gourmand etc.. if you haven't already tried, Chanel Egoiste and Guerlain Habit Rouge should be on your list too! And oh, Nicolai's Vanille Tonka.
    Last edited by Santemon; 1st October 2009 at 02:00 AM.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Thanks for the recs Diamondflame and Santemon, I will for sure look into them. I've only today just been able to test Egoiste for the first time and was, unfortunately, quite disappointed. I have yet to test it on my skin so it still has a chance to show its stuff!

Definitely Ambre Narguile; just a beautiful scent.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Definitely Ambre Narguile; just a beautiful scent.
    Anyone know where I can buy a sample of this...can't seem to find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    Anyone know where I can buy a sample of this...can't seem to find it anywhere.
    I got a small decant from theperfumedcourt

Give Odori's Tobacco a try. Very nice blend of vanilla and tobacco.

I like Habit Rouge, but I'm finding it a bit polarizing. Try before you buy. Doesn't seem as refined as Chergui.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 5th October 2009 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Give Odori's Tobacco a try. Very nice blend of vanilla and tobacco.
    Thanks, added to my test list and will look for a sample. I've been intrigued ever since I saw their nifty looking bottles heheh.