Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree: It just gets better and better...

This one has been discussed to death but after wearing this again today I've been thinking "damn this is sooooo good". It was a cool day and the fragrance lasted much longer since the humidity didn't have a chance to kill it. The oakmoss, vetiver and vanilla compliment the fall brilliantly. So simple yet so rich, and you can't spray too much of it either. The other day I was asked why I wasn't wearing it. I had my M7 on and was told "it's ok, but I really like the other one."

I vow to re-purchase this after it runs out, and I rarely do that for any cologne. In fact, if I was allowed to have to just one cologne, I think I'd pick this right now (though I'd hide my Egoiste!).

Again I'm rehashing here but had to vent on something that's positive for once.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree: It just gets better and better...

How does Concentree compare to the reformulated Chanel Pour Monsieur? I like the original and wonder if it is worthwhile to get the Concentree.

Quote Originally Posted by teohha View Post
    How does Concentree compare to the reformulated Chanel Pour Monsieur? I like the original and wonder if it is worthwhile to get the Concentree.
    Unrelated: the original and the Concentrée only share some minor notes, but they don't have much else in common. Rather than a hyperbolic version of the original blend, Concentrée is a very different blend.

Yes, the concentrée has things like vanilla, spices and opoponax in there. It's really a light oriental...

I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by teohha View Post
    The sillage and longevity of The concentree is much, much better than the regular version..The original P-M is gone (on my skin) after an hour!
    If you like Creed BDP, i think you also will like CHANEL P-M-C..

Thanks guys for the info. Can't get concentree easily in Malaysia, will try looking else where.

The fact that the original is an EDC is a red flag. EDCs just don't last more than a blink of an eye. The only one I've read that does last is Tiffany For Men, which BTW, is compared to Pour Monsieur Concentree often.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Natch View Post
    This one has been discussed to death but after wearing this again today I've been thinking "damn this is sooooo good". It was a cool day and the fragrance lasted much longer since the humidity didn't have a chance to kill it. The oakmoss, vetiver and vanilla compliment the fall brilliantly. So simple yet so rich, and you can't spray too much of it either. The other day I was asked why I wasn't wearing it. I had my M7 on and was told "it's ok, but I really like the other one."

I vow to re-purchase this after it runs out, and I rarely do that for any cologne. In fact, if I was allowed to have to just one cologne, I think I'd pick this right now (though I'd hide my Egoiste!).

Again I'm rehashing here but had to vent on something that's positive for once.
    Glad you're enjoying the Concentree. It's been around for awhile now, and it's never been considered trendy or too mainstream, from what I can remember. I remember first smelling it in the early 90s, when "quiet" frags were all the rage, so Concentree smelled pretty damn powerful and spicy to me at the time. I haven't worn it in years, but I used to have a bottle about 12 years ago, and I really enjoyed it. I wear the regular Pour Monsieur a lot now.