Code of Conduct

Default Opium PH edp and Bois1920 Sushi Imperiale.

I think these two exelent fragrances are quite similar. The Sushi maby a bit more lighter and long lasting. Opium more fruity and dense. I can`t decide which one i like best. Which one do you think is the best?

Default Re: Opium PH edp and Bois1920 Sushi Imperiale.

("Sushi" - ain't that some kind of food? What is this fragrance like? The name always appeared...shocking to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    ("Sushi" - ain't that some kind of food? What is this fragrance like? The name always appeared...shocking to me.)
    He he.. Sushi Imperiale has nothing resemblance with the sushi (raw fish) you eat in Japanese restaurants.

I tested both of these very recently due to your recommendation in another thread. I agree that Sushi is a bit lighter and brighter. They both have great longevity. I prefer the Opium ph edp because is just a bit more dense and smoother. It is also sweeter and has a bit more sillage. The price is very reasonable on the YSL (I haven't checked the price of the Sushi). The other standouts from my test were Gucci Envy, and Ambre Narguile. I get decent longevity with AN if I spray on fabric.

I am definitely buying the Opium, and may also buy the Ambre Narguile some time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    He he.. Sushi Imperiale has nothing resemblance with the sushi (raw fish) you eat in Japanese restaurants.
    Thanks for the clarification. I've never eaten "Sushi", as it appeared to me some kind of "trendy food". I'm glad we have no "fish fragrance" here.

Basenotes Institution

I have tried both of these ( yes, I'm talking Opium for men ) and I prefer Sushi Imperiale -sparkling, bright,top quality ,long lasting, lovely dry down . I do notice the similarity between the two scents.
    Sushi Imperiale apparently has bergamot, mandarin orange, lemon, pepper, nutmeg, jasmine, rose, star anise, cinnamon,sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli,vanilla in it . Ginger too I am thinking .
    Cool name too but I guess those who don't like Sushi may be put off. This doesn't smell like raw fish though !
    I did read somewhere what the name meant and I can't ,for the life of me ,remember ! Something about japanese minimalism , I think .
    I think I would go for Sushi Imperiale if I had to choose. Quite a unique ,intriguing scent. Next, I am trying Sutra Ylang from this line.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 28th September 2009 at 03:34 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Opium EDP all the way.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Basenotes Institution

I really wanted to like the Sushi Imperiale, since it has such a healthy dose of cinnamon...alas, it has way too many aldehydes to me and they annoy my nose.

Opium Pour Homme EdP is the one I would recommend - although this is a fragrance you have to apply lightly to appreciate.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I really wanted to like the Sushi Imperiale, since it has such a healthy dose of cinnamon...alas, it has way too many aldehydes to me and they annoy my nose.

Opium Pour Homme EdP is the one I would recommend - although this is a fragrance you have to apply lightly to appreciate.
    My skin "eats" fragrances, so i can easily use many sprays. I think that the Opium is also a bit more masculin than the Sushi.

My skin "eats" fragrances, so i can easily use many sprays. I think that the Opium is also a bit more masculin than the Sushi.
    My skin eats fragrances too, and yet one spray of Opium is enough. I wore Opium to work today, and I applied it very carefully. One spray to my chest before getting dressed about 6 hours ago. I am still getting nice wafts of fragrance out of my shirt collar every time I move. It is a very addictive scent. This is my best find in the last several months.
    Last edited by JonB; 28th September 2009 at 05:01 PM.

opium PH edp
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    My skin eats fragrances too, and yet one spray of Opium is enough. I wore Opium to work today, and I applied it very carefully. One spray to my chest before getting dressed about 6 hours ago. I am still getting nice wafts of fragrance out of my shirt collar every time I move. It is a very addictive scent. This is my best find in the last several months.
    I have to use 4-5 sprays of Opium edp. On me, the sillage and staying-power is the same as the edt..But it`s a first class scent indeed!

I have to use 4-5 sprays of Opium edp. On me, the sillage and staying-power is the same as the edt..But it`s a first class scent indeed!
    Wow, with 5 sprays my co-workers would kill me. I would be radioactive. This is strong stuff ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Wow, with 5 sprays my co-workers would kill me. I would be radioactive. This is strong stuff ;-)
    Maby my bottle of Opium EDP is too old. I don`t know.

Opium PH is one of the few scents my husband will wear. That is why I like it so much.

BTW, why is the scent named "sushi"--something so associated with Japanese cuisine? Does it mean something else in another language?

I find the name odd with the food association.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Looks like Opium Pour Homme is winning here ! I think Sushi Imperiale is very unisex. I must admit the name is odd......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Cool Water ... Green Irish Tweed
    Opium PH ... Sushi Imperiale
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Opium PH Edp for me also.....My Wife does not like Opium so She might disagree with me on this one.....She would probably say neither.....I also feel that Opium is smoother.....I do like some of the Bois 1920 scents.....they just seem to be a bit harsh to me at first.....It might just be me.....Gary

Exclamation Re: Opium PH edp and Bois1920 Sushi Imperiale.

Opium pour homme eau de parfum is still, after many years, a classic and yet still something new for those who have not yet experienced it.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.