Code of Conduct

Default Pondering making my own blends

Is there somewhere I can read about synthetics and the fragrances they "duplicate"? Also, anyone have recommendations for said synthetics?
    Outside of a dog a book is a mans best friend, inside of a dog it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pondering making my own blends

I suggest starting with The Perfumer's Apprentice. Linda sells both naturals and synthetics. I can especially recommend the jasmine and sandalwood accords. They are very good and much less expensive than extracts. Considering how overharvested the sandalwood tree is, it could be argued that we should only use synthetics for sandalwood notes.

Thank you for pointing that out. I do not know about ingredients to know which (if any) are sustainably harvested. I will take that into account in the future. I did stumble upon Perfumer's Apprentice last night and the kit is going on my Christmas list. Thanks again!
    Outside of a dog a book is a mans best friend, inside of a dog it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx

Also, what do you think would be good to start out with at the Perfumer's apprentice? I'm not sure what kit would be a good starting point.