Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile...anyone try it?

Last week at a Bluemercury store in Westport, CT (a small cosmetics/fragrance chain in the northeast) I saw sealed bottles of this new ADP fragrance. They did not yet have a tester so I didn't try, but they were supposedly getting testers 'soon'. It was an EdP and priced the same as Iris Nobile EdP. I like magnolia and I'm very eager to check this out.

Anyone get to try it yet??

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile...anyone try it?

Yup. It's a very sweet floral. So sweet, in fact, that I really did not enjoy it.

However, it has the prettiest drydown, if you can stick around long enough to wait for it before scrubbing it off. It has that rather curious quality of becoming citrussy in its later stages, when we usually anticipate citrus at the outset.

Not for me, but VM I Hate Civet loves it -- which is why I directed my (partner's!) sample on to her. Perhaps she could chime in here?
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

I liked it. It's sweet, as sdlune said. I'll enjoy my sample but not fbw for me. Started off citrus on my skin then warmed up w/the sweet floras. Not my style right now but I think this will be a good seller for them. Definitely worth a try.
    I've been sick w/bronchitus & my sniffer isn't working so well or I'd try some more right now & give you a report. Perhaps in a few more days.

Haven't tried it, but looking forward to it. I love the scent of magnolia. It does have a faintly lemony scent. I have a tree in my back yard (Little Gem) that gave a lot of blossoms this year. They were so intensely fragrant that a few blossoms could perfume a room. They're all gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Haven't tried it, but looking forward to it. I love the scent of magnolia. It does have a faintly lemony scent. I have a tree in my back yard (Little Gem) that gave a lot of blossoms this year. They were so intensely fragrant that a few blossoms could perfume a room. They're all gone now.
    Funny- due to our warm and rainy summer, the magnolia's that bloom only in spring, just finished blooming again in early September. First time it has ever happened, and it was glorious. A rare and beautiful site up here. Especially as the grass is barely green when those glorious flowers bloom.

They always bloomed in May, and when I was a kid I thought they bloomed specially for Mother's Day as they were my mother's favourite and she would make my dad stop the car when we saw a tree

I cannot wait to smell this one! I adore MPG Magnolia Pourpre but that is a dry and powdery floral, although sweet.

Yup, I like it a lot, and don't find it especially sweet, except maybe in the very opening notes, and I wouldn't consider myself a lover of sweet scents as a rule. For me it is a cross between Iris Nobile EDT (in strength and general level of perfumeyness) and Kenzo Eau de Fleur de Magnolia (for its cheerful bright quality and magnolia note). I agree with the previous posters that magnolia is a fleshy, white yet lemony floral. Though not as lemony as the Kenzo I mentioned.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Thank you ladies...I love Iris Nobile so I'm looking forward to this one.

I've not tried it on skin (yet, got two samples today) and I've no idea what magnolia is actually meant to smell like but I quite like the fragrance so far.

As already been said, it opens sweet and lemony but to me it feels quite fresh and dewy at the same time. Despite that, it also seems to have fairly impressive projection and tenacity. Several hours after spraying I can still smell the card a from a couple feet away. If it works on my skin then I can see myself wearing this in the summer along with OJ Frangipani ( which also has that dewy floral feel to it)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracite View Post
    As already been said, it opens sweet and lemony but to me it feels quite fresh and dewy at the same time. Despite that, it also seems to have fairly impressive projection and tenacity. Several hours after spraying I can still smell the card a from a couple feet away. If it works on my skin then I can see myself wearing this in the summer along with OJ Frangipani ( which also has that dewy floral feel to it)
    Totally agree on the dewy and fresh feeling!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I tried this last week. Adored the opening and the heart: all lemon mousse and buttery magnolia but not too sweet: can't do the mentioned Kenzo Amour or Angel or the like. The base was all shampoo on me.....think Pert or Prell.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse