Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Today I bought ~~~~ October 2009 ~~~~

Rive Gauche PH by YSL.

CK Escape for men
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Republic for Men by Banana Republic

Talking Re: Today I bought ~~~~ October 2009 ~~~~

Eau de Cologne Imperiale 100ml for 12.95 pounds.

Lacoste challenge.. I don't know why I like the drydown
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

some purchases I bought from fellow BN'rs arrived.

Creed - Royal Delight
    My first 1 oz bottle of creed. This is a great size.

By Kilian - A Taste of Heaven
    I had owned Taste of Heaven before and loved it but after a while something in it didn't agree with my nose so I sold it. But I recently resampled it and I ended up buying it again. This is like the third fragrance this has happened with.

I got my sample pack from Vero Kern today! Sniffing Onda...

:bounce: :bounce:

Basenotes Institution

Vol de Nuit (parfum) by Guerlain

It's only an 8 ml atomizer and it's used, but still...I have been wanting a bottle of this for quite a while now. So very happy to finally own it.

Chanel - Egoiste Cologne Concentree

givenchy play mini- should've just spent a little more on the 1.7 oz I hate splashes
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

and a couple samples from luckyscent:

Hot leather
    Black angel
    heeley sel marin

can't wait to try them!

PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Vol de Nuit (parfum) by Guerlain. It's only an 8 ml atomizer and it's used, but still...I have been wanting a bottle of this for quite a while now. So very happy to finally own it.
    Yay! I really like these sprays with their old-style holders. I have three and am always on the lookout for interesting refills.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed00kills View Post
    and a couple samples from luckyscent:

Hot leather
    Black angel
    heeley sel marin

can't wait to try them!
    Love the buxtons

Michael Jordan EDC
    Voyage by Nautica
    Jump by Joop!
    Usher by Usher
    Adidas Victory League....only generic frags..

Guerlain Homme Intense
    Guerlain Mitsouko EdP
    For swap/sale: Vintage Tiffany for Men, Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Yay! I really like these sprays with their old-style holders. I have three and am always on the lookout for interesting refills.

It's just so heavy and beautiful - not that plastick-y stuff you see on most bottles these days. Plus the atomizer sprays just the tiniest, most perfectly small drop of fragrance (no drip). Classy.

Ordered the sample set of all the new Maison Kurkdjian fragrances today from TPC. I'm sitting here impatiently waiting

I've always wondered what Francis Kurkdjian would create if he had (somewhat) limitless creative boundaries like he does with his own line. Not that he's still not being held back by ingredient costs and the tastes of the public.
    Sales thread here

I ordered Tom Ford TV , Chez, and an Alien gift set for my wife (one of her many Christmas presents). I chose Chez over GIT because it lacks that “aqua” note.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Quote Originally Posted by mrdt View Post
    - Funny how many people from here picked up on that deal. Did anyone else get the free 1 oz bottle of Usher? It's not bad for free.
    I got the 1oz bottle of Usher with the second bottle he sent out, and I can't say I really enjoyed it. I didn't like the top and the basenotes on my first wearing, the heart notes were pretty damn cool though. I think it would work well if I were to be outside all day when I was wearing it, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Royal; 16th October 2009 at 01:04 AM.

My 50ml bottle of

Amouage - Epic Man
    arrived today. I bought this one blind and figured if I didn't like it I could always resell it in the marketplace but I ended up loving it at 1st sniff.

I also received my 15ml official sample bottle of

Tom Ford - Urban Musk
    This one I had smelled before I bought it. Its the only one from the new White Musk collection that did anything for me. I had been looking for a deal and I found one in the marketplace. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I also received my 15ml official sample bottle of

Tom Ford - Urban Musk
    I know the one! I went to Saks today for the F&F discount to pick up my bottle of Narciso Musc Collection EDP, and ended up buying a bottle of Tom Ford Urban Musk (almost got tricked into buying White Suede as well!... the Tom Ford reps are intense.). Anyways, they gave me a few 4ml samples, a few of the rollerball bottles, and my regular Saks SA stuck a lab sample of the White Suede (the 15ml Futami mentioned), in addition to the few regular Saks samples they always have. It was a pretty good score for the day... I'm looking forward to getting home.

Oh, and incidentally, they confirmed the exit of Moss Breche, Velvet Gardenia, and another (I think Amber Absolute?). The TF rep also mentioned two NEW lines (like the white musk line), but I couldn't understand what he was calling them in poor french. One is to launch in like March of next year, the other for around June I believe. Sounds like TF is really ramping up.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 16th October 2009 at 07:41 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Vol de Nuit (parfum) by Guerlain

It's only an 8 ml atomizer and it's used, but still...I have been wanting a bottle of this for quite a while now. So very happy to finally own it.
    Sweeeet atomizer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I know the one! I went to Saks today for the F&F discount to pick up my bottle of Narciso Musc Collection EDP, and ended up buying a bottle of Tom Ford Urban Musk (almost got tricked into buying White Suede as well!... the Tom Ford reps are intense.). Anyways, they gave me a few 4ml samples, a few of the rollerball bottles, and my regular Saks SA stuck a lab sample of the White Suede (the 15ml Futami mentioned), in addition to the few regular Saks samples they always have. It was a pretty good score for the day... I'm looking forward to getting home.

Oh, and incidentally, they confirmed the exit of Moss Breche, Velvet Gardenia, and another (I think Amber Absolute?). The TF rep also mentioned two NEW lines (like the white musk line), but I couldn't understand what he was calling them in poor french. One is to launch in like March of next year, the other for around June I believe. Sounds like TF is really ramping up.
    Nice score! I don't mind paying retail when the SA's hook it up. Althoght this years F&F was a bit of a let down. 10% only come on.

I was thinking that MB & VG being discontinued was just a rumor but it looks like its not a rumour after all. Oh well. last time I was at the TF counter there was like a bazillion bottles all lined up.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post

Sweeeet atomizer!!!!
    I know, isn't it just glam-fabulous? I feel like I should be wearing a fur coat and smoking while I apply this fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    ...Oh, and incidentally, they confirmed the exit of Moss Breche, Velvet Gardenia, and another (I think Amber Absolute?). The TF rep also mentioned two NEW lines (like the white musk line), but I couldn't understand what he was calling them in poor french. One is to launch in like March of next year, the other for around June I believe. Sounds like TF is really ramping up.
    Oh no, please NOT Amber Absolute. I think you mean Bois Rouge...no?

Mikeperez: congrats on the vintage VdN... assuming that was the one on ebay I've been watching it for a while. Glad it's going to a good home.

Today I started in earnest reaching my goal of re-assembling the entire Patou Ma Collection with purchases of:

Cocktail EdT 75ml
    Caline EdT 50ml (which joins the vintage parfum I already own)

How many more do I have to go? 10? Lol...

Today I dropped by a place I frequent in downton Los Angeles and they had some Dunhill '34 which I bought and also, on a whim bought some Guerlain's Imperiale--I had fogotten what a deeply satisfying scent this is.... While it lasts, which isn't long! Fantastic stuff, though.

Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol: Success is a Job in New York. Just lovely, lovely stuff.

Still no sign of Havana Vanille at my L'Artisan counter. Sads.

Quote Originally Posted by spooneb View Post
    Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol: Success is a Job in New York. Just lovely, lovely stuff.

Still no sign of Havana Vanille at my L'Artisan counter. Sads.

I totally meant to try that when I was at Saks today but the TF people and the crowds were too much for me to concentrate and I forgot. Next time!

Oh no, please NOT Amber Absolute. I think you mean Bois Rouge...no?

YES! He mentioned something about AA, but I think it was just a comment about how I should carry the roller he gave me to the gym. Once I got home, I realized it was Bois Rouge (which, from the roller, is much better and more interesting than I recalled. crapola).

M7 by YSL. Must be spoiled, it does not smell strong at all...

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    Chanel - Egoiste Cologne Concentree
    Where did you get it??? It seems non-existant...
    Last edited by Pollux; 17th October 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver - Best of the V's for me.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Fille en Aiguilles, from a very nice Basenoter.
    I am loving it, and hubby wants to wear it too!
    Evenstar

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

At Barneys:

Serge Lutens
    Muscs Koublaï Khän
    (1998)
    Christopher Sheldrake
    Chypre
    Notes: Civet, Castoreum, Costus Root, Cumin, Labdanum, Moroccan Rose, Ambergris, Ambrette Seeds, Beeswax, Vanilla, Patchouli
    [Notes from Now Smell This]

At Neiman's:

Tom Ford
    Tobacco Vanille
    (2007)
    Spicy Oriental
    Top Notes: Spices
    Middle Notes: Tobacco, Tonka Bean, Tobacco Flower
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Cacao, Dried Fruit Notes
    [Notes from parfyym,pri.ee]
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Still not sure when Serena is going to be firing up the Ava Luxe line in full again, but for now I'm happy with her extraits/oils. I picked up

Opoponax Intense
    Frangipani

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Fille en Aiguilles, from a very nice Basenoter.
    I am loving it, and hubby wants to wear it too!
    I'm really loving it too! I may not be able to hold out much longer before I have to splurge on a bottle. It's really great IMO.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

After a fun, passionate and long chat (45 minutes – it helped that there were no customers!) about perfumes with the lovely SA at the Annick Goutal shop, I was given a 15ml mini of Musc Nomade, to which she added samples of the other Orientalistes and one of Sables.

Basenotes Plus

125 ml bottle of Caron The Third Man arrived today.
    I love cologne.

Look at those irresistible ingedients: Liquorise, hazelnut, spices, honey, and tonka bean.. Mmmmm... Today i bought L`Artisan Parfumeur Mèchant Loup.

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Ordered the sample set of all the new Maison Kurkdjian fragrances today from TPC. I'm sitting here impatiently waiting

I've always wondered what Francis Kurkdjian would create if he had (somewhat) limitless creative boundaries like he does with his own line. Not that he's still not being held back by ingredient costs and the tastes of the public.
    Awesome - cant wait to read another person's perspective on these. I look forward to your comments L'adventurier!

On Saturday:

M7 by YSL (100ml)
    Shalimar Light by Guerlain (75ml)
    Paco Rabanne pour Homme (20ml)
    Boucheron pour Homme (4ml mini)
    Last edited by zliang; 18th October 2009 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    At Barneys:

Serge Lutens
    Muscs Koublaï Khän
    (1998)
    Christopher Sheldrake
    Chypre
    Notes: Civet, Castoreum, Costus Root, Cumin, Labdanum, Moroccan Rose, Ambergris, Ambrette Seeds, Beeswax, Vanilla, Patchouli
    [Notes from Now Smell This]

So is this the export bottle? How much was it ? Please give ur thoughts about it
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    So is this the export bottle? How much was it ? Please give ur thoughts about it
    Haven't given it a full wearing yet. I will post when I've had a chance to do that. The export bottle is like the others, the flat oblong things. The price was USD 140, plus 9.5% for Schwartzenegger.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

I was bored and went to two TJ Maxx stores and a Perfumania.
    I bought a 1 oz Azzarro Chrome
    1 Realm gift set for $9.99 just to see what this is all about.
    and two cheapos Vetiver Bourbon and Scottish Lavender by Natures Elements.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

What is that Schwartzenegger ? I heard the export bottle was not supposed to be out until... Xmas ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    What is that Schwartzenegger ? I heard the export bottle was not supposed to be out until... Xmas ?

Governor of California......who's responsible to collect TAXES!

oh so its Tax lol.

"No Pain, No Gain"

Annick Goutal~Encens Flamboyant

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post

Governor of California......who's responsible to collect TAXES!

I've no intention to crush this thread but is it true that hes coming along?
    I'm watching his proceeding as a politican quite intriguevly since I read a reasonable neutral article about him in the ZEIT (one of the most reputatuive weekly papers here in germany). Seems like the Amreican dream still abides its term after all
    (sincerly postively meant)

Ok guys - let's drop the Terminator talk... not the right place.

Though not a scent, I'm quite pleased with a purchase today. I sold a Mamiya, Bronica, and Yashica and bought a snazzy new (to me) Hasselblad 501c/m today. I can't wait to start playing with it.

Rive Gauche pour Homme, 4.2 oz

Morning Star

I went to The Scent Bar early Saturday afternoon and took a second swipe at Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland. I had tried it before on my last visit, and loved the top notes and also the birch leaf middle note. I was a little disappointed that it didn't last longer, however, and I didn't splurge. On this visit I just decided to buy it. When I wear it I might actually carry around some Kiehl's Original Musk to conceal the heavy vanilla drydown (of which I'm not a big fan), or even just apply it more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    ... £25 from Harvey Nicks, bargain!
    Daaaaang ... that's a good price. I didn't do nearly as well back here! Too bad Harvey Nichols doesn't ship to the United States, but I'm sure it's also available here at a price lower than that of The Scent Bar. The eBoutique at http://www.etatlibredorange.com is charging € 69.00 + € 31.50 (shipping to USA), so at least I did better than that.

Narciso Rodriguez for him - eau de parfum. So far I'm liking it - I didn't care too much for the edt (seemed loud and harsh) and I didn't spend much time with the musc.

My first from the house of Issey bought last weekend :

plus samples of Diesel Fuel for Life and Davidoff Silver Shadow.
    Opened boxes of unused Angel Schlesser Homme, *snicker* Avon's Black suede (it was a gift from years back! ) and Versace the Dreamer.

Got a somewhat "good deal" on all these three, so what the heck, about 30USD for each, all 100ml bottles. That's pretty good considering it was bought locally without the 1-2 months waiting time I Usually fall to when I order from the US. :\

I Suppose one can never be "too fresh" here in the philippines. :d
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Bois d'orage 100m - EDPFM

Creed SMW

PM ME

Today I got great bargains on two blasts from my past:

and

I bought Fredrick Malle Boi d Orage - A wonderful spicy woody green scent that reminds me of a walking in a forest in the fall after the rain.

On Saturday I picked up a bottle of B*Men. The 3.4 oz refill only for $20.

I don't mind telling you that I am more than pleasantly surprised by it.