Code of Conduct

Default Spinoff of "Small Business" Thread: Etsy Perfumeries?

OK, when we say SMALL, we mean SMALL. I want to hear about your favorite little Etsy handcrafters. I don't go to etsy much, but every time I browse I'm enthralled! Here are some I've found that come well recommended, but I'd love to hear about your experiences with different shops!

Lulubeauty
    AvaLuxe
    Wiggle Perfume

I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the site, and so I apologise if those links don't work. Maybe once I figure out how to browse by storefront, this will be easier.

Anyway, tell us all what your favorite fragrance etsy shops are!
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 1st October 2009 at 01:51 PM.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spinoff of "Small Business" Thread: Etsy Perfumeries?

I bought samples from Lulubeauty too- seems to be a good little perfumery. I also buy all kinds of stuff from Etsy - jewelry , paper goods , lampwork beads - it's like a treasure trove . I don't really have fave stores apart from Ava Luxe . I do love Etsy though !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 1st October 2009 at 02:00 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'm intrigued by the Portland General Store, especially since I have a nostalgic love of the Great State O' Maine (went to college there). Has anyone tried them?

Or, perhaps Wylde Ivy?

As I dig around, it seems like these microperfumers are almost as addicted to vanilla as the mainstream houses.

HELP ME OUT, HERE! I DON'T WANT TO SMELL LIKE A RICE KRISPY TREAT! PUT DOWN THE VANILLA, PERFUMERS!

Is there a secret to browsing Etsy? I'd love to browse shops within categories. I see how I can see just a massive alphabetical list of shops or a category search that displays by item...but, what I'd like would be to say "show me a list of perfume shops" and then explore from there. It doesn't seem to be an option, though.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    As I dig around, it seems like these microperfumers are almost as addicted to vanilla as the mainstream houses.

HELP ME OUT, HERE! I DON'T WANT TO SMELL LIKE A RICE KRISPY TREAT! PUT DOWN THE VANILLA, PERFUMERS!

Is there a secret to browsing Etsy? I'd love to browse shops within categories. I see how I can see just a massive alphabetical list of shops or a category search that displays by item...but, what I'd like would be to say "show me a list of perfume shops" and then explore from there. It doesn't seem to be an option, though.
    *LOL*

It's almost like...if in doubt....do vanilla - it'll sell ! "

I know what you mean re. the search option. I just go to Beauty - Fragrance and troll endlessly through. They have improved their shopping cart facility though.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

So funny, I was noticing the fascination with vanilla too.

I mean, sometimes I want to smell like cookie too....but the rest of the time I want something a little different.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac