Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today I Bought... October '09 Puchases!

Oh boy, a new month to splurge & sample!

Today I bought a large decant of Guerlain Attrape Coeur, and some Yves Rocher mini bottles just for fun.
    Last edited by Outlandish; 1st October 2009 at 02:15 PM.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I Bought... October '09 Puchases!

Guerlain's Cologne du soixante huit.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 1st October 2009 at 03:26 PM.

Default Re: Today I Bought... October '09 Puchases!

My goodness that was quick! We've only had one day of
    October so far. I am going to be very boring and totally
    resist from all new purchases, until I have used up some of what
    I already have - which is enough to last me for about 5 years!!
    I also have about 50 minis/samples to work through.
    Sorry to be a party-pooper!

Nothing yet, although I'm very tempted to use the free shipping coupon on scented monkey. Their shipping to Canada otherwise is expensive, so the great deals don't seem so great when you factor that in. So far, I have not succumbed, but the month is young. I also have a bunch of auctions I'm watching on my ebay page.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I posted this on the September thread but then realized it's already October! Oh, well:

At the local thrift shop I found a nearly-full 2 oz. vintage bottle of Nettie Rosenstein Odalisque EdP today.

My husband loves it on me. It's unlike anything else I own. Very smooth, rich, a little powdery. Smells like it's from an earlier era --which it is, of course. In fact it came out the year my husband was born-- 1946.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    My goodness that was quick! We've only had one day of
    October so far. I am going to be very boring and totally
    resist from all new purchases, until I have used up some of what
    I already have - which is enough to last me for about 5 years!!
    I also have about 50 minis/samples to work through.
    Sorry to be a party-pooper!
    Well, Miss Thing, we'll see what you have to say for yourself toward month's end!

I'm going to try to enjoy what I have, too. I really don't even want anything right now. But I can be a good enabler!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandish View Post
    ... and some Yves Rocher mini bottles just for fun.
    Is anyone else overwhelmed by Yves Rocher emails? Looking in my email trash, I see they sent me 10 offers in August and 10 offers in September. Nobody sends me an email every 2 to 3 days! I finally unsubscribed.

Am thinking about starting a piggy bank for next summer labeled "Pigarade Concentree."

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Is anyone else overwhelmed by Yves Rocher emails? Looking in my email trash, I see they sent me 10 offers in August and 10 offers in September. Nobody sends me an email every 2 to 3 days! I finally unsubscribed.

Am thinking about starting a piggy bank for next summer labeled "Pigarade Concentree."
    Yes Quarry- I got tons of Yves Rocher emails lately too !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Aaack! LOL! I love you, Quarry. That is perfect.

You folks are terrible, it is not even the end of the day and somebody has already purchased something.

Q., what are they offering at unbelievably good prices with bonus gifts? (YR, I mean?) I need me some skin care (combination type nourishing and moisturizing) and some shower gels/bath foams. Please PM me if you think it is OT, will ya?

I'm on the search for Heritage this month...

After not buying anything for a few months, I just went on a bit of a binge.

Fendi Theorema EdP (found a new 50ml bottle of this lovely spicy thing that is rapidly going extinct at the retail level)

Fendi Theorema Esprit d'Ete (out of curiosity and it was dirt cheap)

Guerlain Jicky EdT (replacing a bottle I gave away as a gift)

Bulgari Black (replacing a bottle I gave away as a gift)

Dior Hypnotic Poison (to be given away as a gift)

L'Artisan Navegar (from a BN member...pending)

...not that I can really afford to be doing this...

First Ava Luxe order!!! Kretek and Opoponax Intense... How did I do?

Basenotes Institution

I admit to buying a couple of items - another refill of Beyond Love by Kilian and some Jicky .

My first purchase of October was both perfume and a book.

I purchased a book called Scents of Time, mistakenly thinking that it had something to do with David Pybus, who is a perfumer-archeologist who has designed several perfumes inspired by antiquity. There was a thread about him and his company at the male forum a few weeks ago, although started in 2008.

This book is by Edwin Morris, about an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum called Scents of Time. Iy traces perfume's history from Babylone to recent times. It also includes 8 fragrances blended by perfumers of Givaudan Roure: Frankincense, Rose, Sandalwood-Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Spice, Eau de Cologne, Millefleurs, and Sportif.

I have not tried any of them yet, since I just opened the package and immediately thought that this was not what I thought I had purchased, but the book looks interesting and I can't wait to try the scents.
    Evenstar

I had an arrival in the mail today, 2/3 of a 50 ml bottle of Chanel No 19 EdT vintage formulation, a steal at $18 including shipping. It sits happily next to a full bottle of Chanel No 5 that I also bought vintage on ebay for $11 all told.

I love fragance bargains when they work out!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Well if I win the Powerball tomorrow I'm getting this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_975

In truth I am now saving my pennies to buy Cadjmere! When the DH tells me I smell good I listen
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

I have bought samples of: Carnal Flower, Therese, Une Rose and L'Eau D'Hiver.... **I still cannot get away from trying all in this line....FM is ruining me a bit at the moment **

Intended purchases: Probably a 50mls each of CF and Lys Med (for those of you who read my post about CF not lasting on my skin, I take it all back...I think i must have had an oxidised samples cos the second time round it lasted a full 12 hours)

I'm also going to buy samples of Beyond Love and SL Tubereuse Criminelle, Dans Tes Bras and Geranium Pour Monsieur (even though this is a guy's scent the FM SA here said I would love it because I love green scents)

replaced my bottle of Chanel no. 5 edt today, for new beginnings.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Barbara Bui EDP.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandish View Post
    Well if I win the Powerball tomorrow I'm getting this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_975

In truth I am now saving my pennies to buy Cadjmere! When the DH tells me I smell good I listen
    I have been eyeing the Guerlinade on Ebay up for auction ...but I really must control myself .

Basenotes Plus

I'm gonna be good, I'm gonna be good, I'm gonna be good........

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I'm gonna be good, I'm gonna be good, I'm gonna be good........
    We'll see, we'll see, we'll see.......

Well, it's October and we have laws in this here part of the wild west sayin' I ain't gotta be good on account of it's my birthday month. So my feller and I we got on this here 'puter and ordered me up sumpin extreeee-special.

Translation: Yippee, I am getting Note Ambrée for my birthday!!!

Even though October is an expensive month for me, I just caved in and bought some Tubereuse Couture...I wrote my first basenotes review on it today and found myself craving it all afternoon.

I also ordered samples of Beyond Love, Daphne by Daphne Guinness and Comme de Garcons, Le Labo Jasmine, Fou D'Absinthe and Fleur de Liane.....

An FB of Carnal Flower is scheduled for November....

Today I bought MPG George Sand just in time for Autumn!
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

I went out and broke the perfume budget plan. I bought the 50ml bottle of Issey Miyake A Scent, and the one-ounce of Estee Lauder Jasmine White Moss. Both have been thoroughly sampled, so that I'm confident that I like them, but they weren't on the schedule.

And as others have noticed, the nice salesladies gave me plenty of samples - of the things that I bought. I should have thought to ask for samples of something else.

Crayfish

My goal - no purchasing of brand new bottles...oh wait that probably makes it even worse lol.

Molinard PH II
    CDG 2 Man
    Nasomatto Black Afgano

My Sin Extrait : Lanvin
    Emporio Armani Remix He : Giorgio Armani
    Midnight Poison : Christian Dior
    Zibeline : Weil
    Last edited by distortech; 4th October 2009 at 07:11 AM.
    I love Jasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    I went out and broke the perfume budget plan. I bought the 50ml bottle of Issey Miyake A Scent, and the one-ounce of Estee Lauder Jasmine White Moss. Both have been thoroughly sampled, so that I'm confident that I like them, but they weren't on the schedule.

And as others have noticed, the nice salesladies gave me plenty of samples - of the things that I bought. I should have thought to ask for samples of something else.

Crayfish
    But it's nice also to have samples of your bottle fragrances. Very convinient when you travel.

I have just bought Salvador Dali, inspired of the blind sniffing thread here. I Also bought Apple Blossom that was created by Helena Rubinstein and now is produced by Cent Cosmetics. And this I did ispired of the thread about what fragrances we wore as teens. I wore a fragrance called Apple Blossom around 1965. I don't know if it was this one and I don't know if this Apple Blossom from Cent Cosmetics really is similar to Helena Rubinstein's. The price is low but I think it smells better than cheap.

A bottle of Moustache! Ha, ha! My partner hates it!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

I'm looking at a few vetiver frags, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Looking to get:
    Creed OV
    Vetiver Hombre
    Mugler Cologne
    Unscripted

Although I might have to start from the bottom up because I just realized that I spent twice as much as I make in the past three months.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My resolve not to buy more fragrances until the new year didn't last long. But who could resist the delightful Demeter Lilac purse spray at CVS? Only $5.99 for 15 ml. They have testers.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 4th October 2009 at 11:53 PM.

I have been receiving a bunch of ebay steals lately...a 4ml of original Balmain Vent Vert Extrait, a slightly-used 50 ml of Chanel No 19 Edt.....today I also won a "mystery bottle" on ebay for only 99c US. I'm wondering what it is! Check out the bottle collecting thread and see what you think I may have found!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Upon hearing the news that a customer (who I thought might go out of business) is not only going to pay his bill owed but also plans to keep publishing, I ordered 96 vials from Pilot Vials. It feels good to be kinda commercey again.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Upon hearing the news that a customer (who I thought might go out of business) is not only going to pay his bill owed but also plans to keep publishing, I ordered 96 vials from Pilot Vials. It feels good to be kinda commercey again.
    Hearty congratulations, my dear Quarry!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

I am very pleased Quarry ! Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Hearty congratulations, my dear Quarry!
    Yay! Congrats from me, too. Love to hear that good news, and rtamara, can't wait until it's your turn!

Some samples at LuckyScent... And a 4ml screw cap bottle of FdB...

Anycase, I'm planing to get something Friday, as I'm going shopping to Antwerp with BFF... Anyone familiar with the city and with its perfume shops? Thanks...

Blog Entries

Despite some hesitation, I went ahead and picked up Bond No 9 New Haarlem for a cool autumn gourmand.

And then Nasomatto Black Afgano for my wild and crazy moods.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Today I picked up YSL Cinema perfume in the little heart shaped 25ml bottle. Very cute!
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

I forgot about my purchases Friday!

I got TF Black Orchid (which almost everybody is familiar with) and Luanda by InFine (see my experience at "Scents and Personality" post). Luanda is a powdery, slightly fruity amber... Very nice, very special... Nothing I have smelled before...

Btw, got two 1.5 samples of BO, in case anybody wants to give it a shot... I'll be glad to share this wonderful scent... As for Luanda, if anybody is curious, I can make decants... Just let me know!

Spend, spend, spend ...

A back-up of Cuir de Lancome
    A back-up of Armani White for Her
    A vintage bottle of La Fuite des Heures / Fleeting Moment, by Balenciaga
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Not a purchase, but oh, well... Today I got these beauties:

October's been great! Off e-bay I won Putain de Palaces AND Jasmin et Cigarette - both by Etat Libre d'Orange. From the basenotes marketplace I scored a small bottle of a long desired love ~ Labdanum 18 by Le Labo. I'm happier than a pig in sh*t! (THAT'S HAPPY! )

* add to the above 2 boatloads of samples from LuckyScent and TPC! (extra happy!)
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 12th October 2009 at 08:12 PM.

Had eBay bucks to spend, so I went with a blind buy of Mauboussin. After reading the reviews it sounds right up my alley.

Congrats to Quarry!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    October's been great! Off e-bay I won Putain de Palaces AND Jasmin et Cigarette - both by Etat Libre d'Orange. From the basenotes marketplace I scored a small bottle of a long desired love ~ Labdanum 18 by Le Labo. I'm happier than a pig in sh*t! (THAT'S HAPPY! )
    Score!

Congrats to all for some lovely purchases.

I hadn't bought a full bottle for a while, but I caved with an "impulse" purchase: SL A la Nuit. I put impulse in quotation marks because I wasn't planning on buying anything, but I actually been toying with buying this months ago.

O.K., looking at my wardrobe, I think my white flower collection is complete.

Oh yes, I also bought a back-up bottle of MAC Africanimal on the MAC website. My first back-up bottle, but I thought it made sense because it is relatively small and is also limited edition. Its companion, Naked Honey, seems to be totally gone.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    From the basenotes marketplace I scored a small bottle of a long desired love ~ Labdanum 18 by Le Labo.
    I saw you swoop in on that BN offering, you little flying monkey, and can remember your hovering over the Le Labo display. Happy for you.

The needs of the eyes outweigh the needs of the nose:
    I bought one of these (a 6870QDC005A PCB - buffer scan bottom).
    It should arrive tomorrow, then we see if I am capable of diagnosing/fixing a TV.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

After much deliberation in my Decisions, Decisions...thread I decide to go for:

Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange - £25 from Harvey Nicks, bargain!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

A friend went to a sale and bought me a bottle of Shalimar Flower Eau de Parfum and Terracotta Eau sous le vent at bargain price! (65 USD for 2)
    Last edited by Coconut; 15th October 2009 at 03:39 PM.

Just received my Ava Luxe order: Kretek and Opoponax Intense... First sniff is good... Need to try them on myself, though...

Received my bottle of Amouage Jubilation XXV bought from a fellow Basenoter. I am one happy girl!

Well after my success with blind buying Cuir de Lancome and Magie.
    Waiting for a bottle of Sikkim.

All great deals.
    DONNA

This month has seen a purchase of Penhaligon's Amaranthine at full retail, but it was autographed by Bertrand Duchaufour himself, so well worth it!, and today I snagged 50ml of Agent Provocateur Strip for £14 including postage on Ebay.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    This month has seen a purchase of Penhaligon's Amaranthine at full retail, but it was autographed by Bertrand Duchaufour himself, so well worth it!, and today I snagged 50ml of Agent Provocateur Strip for £14 including postage on Ebay.
    VM I'm very jealous of your Amarenthine, I keep dropping hints to my boyfriend about it being a nice Christmas present I take it you went to the special event at Penhaligons?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

Another bottle of Barbara Bui.

Blog Entries

I finally did it! I bought a bottle of Guerlain Chamade.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    VM I'm very jealous of your Amarenthine, I keep dropping hints to my boyfriend about it being a nice Christmas present I take it you went to the special event at Penhaligons?
    That's right - unfortunately it was a wild, wet night, and the turn out was less than expected.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Coty La Rose Jacquimninot EdT (to match the EdP I already have) - as many of you already know based on that thread, it's darn good..

Yikes. Just snagged a bottle of 1000 on the 'bay for £4.40. Hope it's okay ... The photo was not so promising, but I am desperate