Code of Conduct

Talking Eureka! One step closer to eau de jasmine!

ROTFL! In my fervid quest to find the perfect scent that might befit the toilette of the Comte d'Orsay (known to have used eau de jasmin on his gloves, and having indulged in perfumed baths), I happened upon this:

A jasmine extract to be used as a parfum, added to alcohol to make an eau de toilette, or put into the BATH! (I have always loved Estee Lauder's Youth Dew for this reason.) :bounce:

(I am ordering a sample of "Jasmin et Cigarette" from ELDO just for amusement's sake because he must have smelled like this: his jasmin scent mingled with his cigars and cigarettes. Then again, the jasmin extrait was more of what he actually would have used.)

http://www.smallflower.com/laromathe...z-extract.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thumbs up Re: Eureka! One step closer to eau de jasmine!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    ROTFL! In my fervid quest to find the perfect scent that might befit the toilette of the Comte d'Orsay (known to have used eau de jasmin on his gloves, and having indulged in perfumed baths), I happened upon this:

A jasmine extract to be used as a parfum, added to alcohol to make an eau de toilette, or put into the BATH! (I have always loved Estee Lauder's Youth Dew for this reason.) :bounce:

(I am ordering a sample of "Jasmin et Cigarette" from ELDO just for amusement's sake because he must have smelled like this: his jasmin scent mingled with his cigars and cigarettes. Then again, the jasmin extrait was more of what he actually would have used.)

http://www.smallflower.com/laromathe...z-extract.html
    Very cool! Great find.
    I'll be curious as to the quality of these little gems. I am intrigued myself by the Mure Musc Extract.

Default Re: Eureka! One step closer to eau de jasmine!

Yes, little gems. I received my little bottle promptly and here are my impressions:

I was looking for a pure 19th century eau de jasmin such as the Comte d'Orsay might have used. Jasmin Extrait by L'Aromatheque. Yes, it's French...and in the .28 oz size. At less than $10.00, why not try...

This is like Youth Dew in that you can use it as a perfume or in the bath. (The Comte was known to have taken perfumed baths, and use eau de jasmin on his gloves and beard.)

I SWEAR--this smells JUST like the jasmine flowers in our backyard!! A pure, white floral scent. Wow... Very strong as a touch-on perfume and will last through a handwashing.

On the other hand, for what the Comte actually smelled like, ELdO Jasmin et Cigarette. LOL!

Smallflower Apothecary have some interesting offerings and some niche like a few selections of Diptyque. Some home fragrance and home scents. Worth a look. I might even try some other offerings.
    Last edited by Primrose; 9th October 2009 at 03:12 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.