Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Own it and love it, but rarely (if ever) wear it!

I wouldn't imagine that there are too many of us here that would include fragrances in our collection that we had no intention of wearing. But sometimes, I realize that I own something that I regard quite highly, but very rarely wear! (I'll withhold the identity of these fragrances, so as not to inspire a discussion about them)

Or maybe I'm wrong - Are there any of you that own one or more fragrances, just for the sake of appreciating their beauty - but don't ever wear?

Which ones do you own and love the smell of, but rarely (if ever) wear? (and why?)
    Last edited by Scentronic; 2nd October 2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Own it and love it, but rarely (if ever) wear it!

I've got a bottle of Yatagan, which I love, but I almost never wear. For two reasons. First, I don't often feel bold enough to wear it in public. (Perhaps I should more often.) Second, my boyfriend is very sensitive to it. Although he seems to like it, he complains if I use 'too much." Sigh.

One for sure is Chergui. Love it but don't wear it. last wearing was almost a year ago. Why?

Any of my cool-weather scents. I live in Florida, and going into October it's still way too hot outside for "fall" scents (L'anarchiste, Gucci Pour Homme, and the ilk).

Basenotes Institution

I think all of my gourmands fall into this category - it's too friggin hot in Miami to wear them. Maybe a couple days out of the year, are all I can wear something like Tobacco Vanille. The same goes for my Madeline (parfum) by Ava Luxe.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

For me it's R de Capucci. I rarely wear it but really do think it is one of the most interesting fragrances in my wardrobe.

AromiErotici

Patou Pour Homme for me. I have barely 1oz left and it's so hard to find without paying a ransom. I only wear it on very special occasions.

I have something like that with Dior Homme Intense.
    I am gonna force myself to wear it in rotation.

So many

-Iris Silver Mist
    -Sarrasins
    -Breath of God
    -Caron Pour Un Homme
    -Jubilation XXV
    -Philtre d'Amour
    -Rose Poivree
    -S-ex
    -A La Nuit

Probably lots more...I tend to only wear 3 or 4 on a regular basis.
    Currently wearing: Oud Stars : Gao by Xerjoff

My whole 'drobe basically lol - Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste and L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme.

I was actually going to make a thread like this: wearability vs. likability.

I now dress how i like without caring about other' opinions. (luckily most girls alike ti ) But for some reason I just can't bring myself to wear something like Jicky in public. I care too much how I smell, social stigmas and whatnot.

Off-Scenter

Amouage Gold and Homage both fall into this category for me. I wouldn't part with either, but occasions to wear anything as extravagant and voluptuous as these two are few. (Though I have gotten braver about wearing very light applications of Gold in a less formal milieu.)

Bond 9 Westside. Love it but barely wear it.

Azzaro PH

Dunhill for Men

Chanel PM

L'Heure Bleue

Basenotes Institution

Too many - I have lots I have not worn for a while but I always plan to ... Magie Noire , Keiko Mecheri GdB, Paco Rabanne ...the list goes on. I must start wearing them again one of these days .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Too many - I have lots I have not worn for a while but I always plan to ... Magie Noire , Keiko Mecheri GdB, Paco Rabanne ...the list goes on. I must start wearing them again one of these days .
    Yes.....you should. By the way, I dig your avy.

Post Re: Own it and love it, but rarely (if ever) wear it!

Tabac Blond Parfum Extrait....Caron. Only break it out on very special occasions. I frankly have no idea how a perfumer could have possibly been able to create a fragrance such as this. Totally beyond my imagination!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

-Ananas Fizz: Wore it only once or twice this past summer... reached for the Mugler Cologne far more often.
    -Gaultier˛: Once one of my Top 5 worn frags, now, not so much.
    -Giorgio for Men: Love the smell, but I just can't find an occasion where it's acceptable.
    -Mandarin Tout Simplement: Own a tiny bottle, but have worn it only once.
    -Purple Water: Only touched it five or six times in the bottle's history. Should have touched it more this past summer.

Anyone want these scents?
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018
    Currently wearing: Intoxicated by By Kilian

Sur la Plage

I have a few rare ones that would be hard to find/replace - so I wear them sparingly.

I too live in Florida, and have no problems wearing my gourmands and heavy orientals.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 2nd October 2009 at 11:44 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

At this moment:

Virgin Island Water
    Erolfa
    Bulgari Aqua
    Silver Mountain Water
    ROYAL WATER -> Have 4.2oz of this and have only worn it 5 times? *Regrets a little (buying)*
    and....

A lot more, mostly marine and/or aquatics. It is a phase, I guess (and hope) I will return to after a while.

Sure... many.

Like petrucci said, I too have rare/htf/valuable fragrances that I wear only on special occasions. Closely related to these are my vintages that I appreciate but only give full wears when in a vintage mood.
    There are also many powerhouse type scents that I love dearly (Polo, Jules, Derby, Patou PH) but rarely am I in the mood to give these a full wear.

Grey Flannel.
    I Love it, but I'm rarely in the mood. but it's on the top of the list when It's raining (which is somewhat rare).
    I find it a little too strong. but I Find the balance of its green-ness and mossiness to be perfect for rainy nights.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by richard d View Post
    One for sure is Chergui. Love it but don't wear it. last wearing was almost a year ago. Why?

Same here. I love it but can't wear it.

Blog Entries

Very much the same thing as what Vibert says.

For me it's Tiffany for Men and Vintage Tabarome. I simply have too few days when these deserve to be worn. Also my old classics like Polo green. Just don't feel like breaking these out on T-shirt days. But I may try using these a bit more often if I'm just staying in.

I easily have 3 dozen fragrances that fall into the "never wear" category, because there was a time when I was buying fragrances indiscriminately. I don't do that now, and friends and family members are receving alot of cast-offs. But even they can't use it as fast as I can supply it.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 3rd October 2009 at 04:03 AM.

I don't understand this situation, except for weather issues, scarcity problems, offending those around you, etc. Yes, you might prefer it as a room spray, but if it's a "personal fragrance," and you "love" it, what other reason can there be? So, at least in the way I appreciate frags, I'd have to say you are wrong here, unless you meant it in a different way than I understand the question.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 3rd October 2009 at 03:54 AM.

Jazz for reasons unknown because I love it

Encens et Lavende because I want to use it sparingly.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

La Nuit by Paco Rabanne. These days I rarely get requests to perform lap-dances. It must be said that at that time La Nuit did drive those johns crazy. Now it just gathers dust.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 3rd October 2009 at 06:12 PM.

What does happen a lot is that I think a frag is "good," but it reminds me of one I'd rather wear instead, so I usually try to swap/sell them off, so I certainly can't say I "love" them. Another thing is that I like the idea but a note is just too strong. I think Jazz Prestige is very good, in a sense, but a bit too "perfumey" to me, possibly due to geranium overdose.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 3rd October 2009 at 04:15 AM.

Demeter Dirt, mostly because it doesn't even approach lasting through the work day.