Code of Conduct

Default Patou Pour Homme!

OK, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a 10ml decant of the famous Patou Pour Homme. It's being shipped out today.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear from you guys with your thoughts or comments about PPH, which appears to be one of the most revered men's fragrances of all time. Get me excited!

- Brad

AromiErotici

Default Re: Patou Pour Homme!

Quote Originally Posted by CreedFan View Post
    OK, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a 10ml decant of the famous Patou Pour Homme. It's being shipped out today.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear from you guys with your thoughts or comments about PPH, which appears to be one of the most revered men's fragrances of all time. Get me excited!

- Brad
    You should be excited. It's the best I ever smelled, but that's me. Even though it's a 29 year old designer frag, it's like all the stars lined up when Kerleo made this juice.

My favorite designer men's fragrance, by miles. I have yet to find anything in its genre that touches it.

It's so expensive I haven't gone to the effort of chasing more down, but I went through a bottle of it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    You should be excited. It's the best I ever smelled, but that's me. Even though it's a 29 year old designer frag, it's like all the stars lined up when Kerleo made this juice.
    Is there anything that to you is nearly similar to Patou Pour Homme?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    Is there anything that to you is nearly similar to Patou Pour Homme?
    Not really bro. I wish there was. Maxim's PH gives a slight glimpse of Patou at a certain stage of development, but it's not a replacement. Nothing can replace it, not even De Nicolai New York.

Post Re: Patou Pour Homme!

Patou pour Homme, I own it and wear it every now, and then. I consider this to be more of a formal fragrance, and as formal fragrances go I think there there are better scents. I think JHL is a better formal fragrance also Dunhill 34, Derby, Heritage EDP, Mouchoir de Monsieur to name a few. Is PpH a great fragrance? For sure, but as you can see I clearly think It's not the only game in town. IMHO
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Patou pour Homme, I own it and wear it every now, and then. I consider this to be more of a formal fragrance, and as formal fragrances go I think there there are better scents. I think JHL is a better formal fragrance also Dunhill 34, Derby, Heritage EDP, Mouchoir de Monsieur to name a few. Is PpH a great fragrance? For sure, but as you can see I clearly think It's not the only game in town. IMHO
    Has Heritage ever been reformulated? If I were to purchase a new bottle today is it the same juice as in 1992?

I just wore Patou Pour Homme Privé a few days ago and fell completely in love with it. Haven't tried the original, though.

My Holy Grail of fragrances.

I've been a cologne guy since the early 1960's...long time, lot's of colognes.

But I never ever buy the same bottle twice...except for Patou ph...I went I bought a second bottle...this was years ago but I liked it then that much.

I recently smelled it again as a sample & remember why I loved it so much.

I'm glad I had the chance to sample it once. (for free no less) Just smells like something rare.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by CreedFan View Post

- Brad
    Patou PH? Nah, nothing much..so-so. You better send it to me.

I revisit my sample of this (and knize10) every now and then, just to see if I'll wake up and get "it" one day. Still don't get it. Smells like paper when it's on fire.

this is one of those fragrances I am afraid to try
    because if I love it
    I will go after it
    at all costs
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

being such a lover of powerhouses this is my absolute priority to try... I WANT IT
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Jette View Post
    Has Heritage ever been reformulated? If I were to purchase a new bottle today is it the same juice as in 1992?
    No. It´s reformulated but still good. Vintage Heritage can easily be found on Ebay.

Very much a case of "don't know what ya got til it's gone" for me. I really liked it and it was probably my favorite for a period. I stopped wearing it because I simply moved on to other frags. about 6 or 7 years later, I rediscovered a bottle and realized what a truly great frag it was. Wore it til I finished it then went to buy more and voila! It was nowhere to be found. It was my first experience with a discontinued frag. I tried to replace it but nothing ever smelled close enough to satisfy me.

This may be loads of build up for someone who has never smelled it. You'll probably expect fairies to fly out and tickle your balls or something. The truth is, it's a frag. It's a damn good one, but still just a frag. True nothing else quite captures it, but it is not a wholly unique scent. Allure has moments that remind me of Patou PH. So does Opus 1870, Minotaure, Pour Monsieur, and even Pure Malt. They are just moments though.

Don't expect to be bowled over at first; you've smelled things like it before. Just be ready to appreciate the subtle development, quality feel and unique combination of notes. And whatever you do, don't use it up too fast!
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

smeller

Last edited by smeller; 22nd October 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post

This may be loads of build up for someone who has never smelled it. You'll probably expect fairies to fly out and tickle your balls or something. The truth is, it's a frag. It's a damn good one, but still just a frag.

Don't expect to be bowled over at first; you've smelled things like it before. Just be ready to appreciate the subtle development, quality feel and unique combination of notes. And whatever you do, don't use it up too fast!
    Patou pour homme: burnt paper... but done oh so very well ;')

AromiErotici

All frags are truly subjective. To me, JHL, Dunhill, MdM and all the rest can't hold the match that lights the candle as far as Patou PH is concerned.

Yet, there are frags here who's virtues are extolled regularly, yet, when I tried them, all I could think of was WTF is THIS?

That's the beauty of fragrance.....and thank God we don't ALL like the same things. There would NEVER BE ENOUGH to go around if that were the case.

I wore this again the other day. I always love it and it is never a bad choice to wear it. It is beautiful.
    Every time, some aspect bowls me over. What really struck me on this wearing was the quality of the florals, especially the jasmine..
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

It's Olympian because it uses prime materials, because Kerleo is a master technician and aesthete plus he really had an inspired moment. I love how Patou transcends the boundaries of perfume "genres" effortlessly (which neither Heitrage or New York do), how it is truly unique in smell, yet not an anti-perfume, such as Secretions Magnifiques, but eminently wearable. I think its mythical status is absolutely deserved, not just scarcity-induced. A men's scent of such imaginativeness, quality AND wearability comes about once in a decade at best.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    It's Olympian because it uses prime materials, because Kerleo is a master technician and aesthete plus he really had an inspired moment. I love how Patou transcends the boundaries of perfume "genres" effortlessly (which neither Heitrage or New York do), how it is truly unique in smell, yet not an anti-perfume, such as Secretions Magnifiques, but eminently wearable. I think its mythical status is absolutely deserved, not just scarcity-induced. A men's scent of such imaginativeness, quality AND wearability comes about once in a decade at best.
    Damn......I wish I could have said it like that.