Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Armani Prive Amber Soie

I searched for Armani Prive, and did see Dimitri and Noggs showing some love for Cuir Amethyst (really nice suede leather which I fell for as well). However, there isn't much discussion about Amber Soie. I recently sampled the whole line, and thought Amber Soie should be the most popular when I was trying them out at the boutique. Although it could just be nose fatigue.

Anybody who owns a bottle, or has had a few wearings care to share their thoughts on Amber Soie? All I remember is that the amber was a bit on the sweet side. Is it full bottle worthy (which is not much as it only comes in 50ml) if you own atleast 10-15 amber scents?
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Default Re: Armani Prive Amber Soie

Of the Prive line, I absolutely LOVE three. The two you mention plus Bois d'Encens, with Cuir Amethyst taking first prize. That is definitely a "wow" fragrance. If I recall Amber Soie is rated highly in "The Guide" and I listed two links with reviews that I really connected with after trying Ambre Soie. It's good reading! Enjoy.

http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...mani-priv.html
    http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...review__5.html

Blog Entries

Thanks for the links nthny. Cuir Amethyst does definitely have a "wow" factor. Bois d'Encens probably gets the most ink because of the word "Encens" in there.

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    Of the Prive line, I absolutely LOVE three. The two you mention plus Bois d'Encens, with Cuir Amethyst taking first prize. That is definitely a "wow" fragrance. If I recall Amber Soie is rated highly in "The Guide" and I listed two links with reviews that I really connected with after trying Ambre Soie. It's good reading! Enjoy.

http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...mani-priv.html
    http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...review__5.html

I love Ambre Soie - It's definitely on my wishlist. It's a really great warm scent with hints of bitter chocolate hiding in the base. It comes across very inviting to me and comforting. I will probably end up with a bottle at some point. When I bought Vetiver Babylone, the SA was kind enough to make me 5ml decants of Ambre Soie and Cuir Amethyst so I've still got those to go through.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I love Ambre Soie - It's definitely on my wishlist. It's a really great warm scent with hints of bitter chocolate hiding in the base. It comes across very inviting to me and comforting. I will probably end up with a bottle at some point. When I bought Vetiver Babylone, the SA was kind enough to make me 5ml decants of Ambre Soie and Cuir Amethyst so I've still got those to go through.
    5ml decants of each?! wow! Thats almost as much as a large bottle of Vetiver Babylone! LOL! I want your SA! I got zilch samples for dishing out $185 for Cuir Amethyst.

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    5ml decants of each?! wow! Thats almost as much as a large bottle of Vetiver Babylone! LOL! I want your SA! I got zilch samples for dishing out $185 for Cuir Amethyst.
    Well, to be fair they're probably 3-4ml in a 5ml sample container but I'm not complaining!
    I just did a fair amount of flirting and specifically asked her to make samples (though I didn't expect that much!) I had been in earlier and talked with the regional Armani Beauty rep and was introduced to the other girl (also specific to Armani), from whom I bought the bottle later that day.
    VB is actually an EDT that is 100ml and sells for about $70 less than the wooden bottled ones. It's no less fantastic though!

I bought my bottle of Ambre Soie about 4 months ago (ordered it from the Armani Boutique in NYC ) and love it so much, I've only worn it about 5 times because I don't want to get either, a) tired of it or, b) love it to the point I'll be buying a bottle a month. That could be costly. I went through an amber phase owning just about all the offerings from MPG, L'Artisan, Lutens, etc ... and really almost wound up hating amber. The last one I got rid of was L'Artisan's Amber Extreme and went from a love to hate relationship by the end. I wound up sampling Ambre Soie only because some of the reviews said it wasn't an amber "dominated" scent, but a more subtle amber. I find it has the perfect amount of amber without getting all "play-doh" smelling. Not a girly amber either ... very unisex.

Definitely a scent that's going to remain in my top 10 for a long time.

VB is actually an EDT that is 100ml and sells for about $70 less than the wooden bottled ones
    Anybody can tell me where i can get it for that low price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nas2000 View Post
    Anybody can tell me where i can get it for that low price.
    Thants their stated price for "Les Eaux" as opposed to $185 for 50ml for "La Collection"- which is EDP:

http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.c...i---prive-.htm

Funny there is written $115 on the site and in germany they want $152 very expensive . Maybe sombody can get it for me later :-)

This is Fantastic.....Gary

Blog Entries

I hate you guys! I went, tried it again, and am poorer by $200.26

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    I hate you guys! I went, tried it again, and am poorer by $200.26
    Aww we hate you too. At least, I'm jealous of you now. I even wore it today after this thread and will have to get a bottle. It's really nice.

Basenotes Institution

Ok - so I tested this yesterday and instantly liked it.

I've read the reviews and comments here, and nowhere do I see anyone mentioning a minty/cooling effect from the fragrance, but I swear yesterday I smelled a little wintergreen somewhere mixed in with the amber.

Am I crazy?

The scent of this stuff lingered all of the way through my afternoon nap and I woke up with a desire to own a bottle of this.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I definitely noticed something cool in it, but I thought it was more like camphor than wintergreen.

My girlfriend and I bought a refill bottle when they were making their way through Marshalls, but she rarely wears it because it doesn't seem to last long on her...
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

I am a HUGE Fan of the Prive Line.....There are a few that I don't have.....I do Love this scent.....This was my 1st Prive scent.....I purchased this in Atlanta at the Armani Boutique.....I now go to Indianapolis to Saks at the Fashion Mall to purchase all of my Prive.....I do Love this Line.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ok - so I tested this yesterday and instantly liked it.

I've read the reviews and comments here, and nowhere do I see anyone mentioning a minty/cooling effect from the fragrance, but I swear yesterday I smelled a little wintergreen somewhere mixed in with the amber.

Am I crazy?

The scent of this stuff lingered all of the way through my afternoon nap and I woke up with a desire to own a bottle of this.
    It is full of clove, perhaps you're smelling that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Wasn't clove I got ruggs, if memory serves I didn't really sniff much spice at all, just a warm rich amber. It wasn't as spicy as Ambre Sultan or as sweet as Ambre Precieux. It sat somewhere in-between. Smooth scent overall and I agree that the opening has a hint of cacao.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

This is one of the Prive scents that I really want to try. It sounds like it could be a nice, more sophisticated take on amber.

Turin mentions an anisic note, perhaps that could be the green smell?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Well, maybe...but I swear it smelled 'cool' and slightly eucalyptus oriented. It persisted for a good hour or so, before the scent transitioned into the more herbal amber element. I loved it. I'm hoping it wasn't a phantom smell. I guess I just need to smell this one again, to make sure.

What a coincidence. I wore this yesterday and today and just wrote a review of it (finally) and here it is being discussed today. Must be something in the air Mike I wonder if the coolness you are experiencing is coming from the anise impression I get with this.
    Last edited by nthny; 5th October 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Blog Entries

I love this scent! I don't detect any coolness though....