Code of Conduct

Thread: Bois d' Orage

Default Bois d' Orage

Well it says French Lover on the bottle but I did not want to put that as the title as I do not want to give everyone the wrong idea. Lol

I have just got a 2ml sample from Les Senteurs in London through the post and have given myself three sprays and this is my take on the fragrance.

Green, spicy wood fragrance that reminds me of the fall and autumn leaves. This scent really is evocative and I can see myself walking through a park with leaves falling off the trees while wearing this scent.

This fragrance has a great woody smell the best I have smelled to date mixed in with a spicy mossy accord. And in all this you can actually smell the green of the forest.

I am well pleased with this sample, its like they have captured a woody green forest in a bottle.

17.10.09 Update

The sample I had was 7% PV strength and I have recently bought a bottle which is 9% PV strength. The sample would last about four hours on my skin but the reformulation lasts seven hours and the opening is stronger and lasts much longer. It also projects off your skin more than my 7% sample, this cologne has been given extra boost. Great stuff.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 17th October 2009 at 10:21 AM.

Default Re: Bois d' Orange

Its Bois d'Orage Glad u like it One of my Malle favourite too And i'm pretty sure every single basenoter knows that French Lover is a fragrance
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Yes, not obsessing about spelling but it is Bois D'Orage (storm/thunder wood), not Bois D'Orange (orange wood). I like it, it is a great scent and you've described it well. I like the French title better than the English one.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Yes, not obsessing about spelling but it is Bois D'Orage (storm/thunder wood), not Bois D'Orange (orange wood). I like it, it is a great scent and you've described it well. I like the French title better than the English one.
    I knew someone would correct this... I thought of coup de foudre, which would make a nice name for a scent. Sounds like Caron's Coup de Fouet!

Then again, one has Etat Libre d'Orange...

The name in English of "French Lover" actually sounds like something from ELDO...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.