Code of Conduct

Default Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

I love this stuff it smells much more expensive than what it's worth. It has a mature, classy vibe about it BUT it doesn't last long, being an EDC....

Can you recoomend something like PCPM in a richer long lasting form ?

Default Re: Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

At one time, Pierre Cardin was offered in an EdT but I don't believe it's available anymore. You might try ebay. I've never tried it so can't comment on how closely it resembles the EdC.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I had this at one time and liked it. Only thing I can tell you is to spray very liberally to get some staying power. Spray just like you would a body spray. Since it's an EDC you're not taking any risk. The 8 oz. size is very cheap so even if you use a lot, the bottle will last.

I got compliments wearing this but didn't find it appealing enough for another purchase. The Chanel brand is much, much superior IMO.

Thumbs up Re: Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Black (2007)
    by Pierre Cardin

Fragrance Notes:
    Citrus, Spicy Nutmeg, Sandalwood, Orange, Musk, Jasmin, Florals, Woody, Basalmic, Amber
    "Work is the curse of the Drinking Classes"

It doesn't matter if it's an EDC. It's extremely powerful. Don't overspray it or you will really stand out.

It was my signature scent during a lot of the 1980's. I used it again occasionally in 2004 and 2005.

It was my signature scent during the 80s too, along with Cacharel Pour Homme.

I still like both of them a great deal.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Like Natch said, the answer is liberal sprays. The top-notes burn off quickly, leaving a drydown that does not overwhelm. It also helps when it permeates clothing (but not sprayed directly).
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

This is one of the first frags I ever wore, it's true that it does smell better than it's price bracket. Certainly better than many designer frags

I think that this was one of the first scents I received as a gift back in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by djbozz View Post
    it doesn't last long, being an EDC....

Can you recoomend something like PCPM in a richer long lasting form ?
    Ive never seen an EDT , i been using this since the early 80's & nothing smells like it .
    Just enjoy this classic & double spray

Was this reformulated over the years? More than one person is saying to spray alot on, which I can't understand - the last thing is was was weak or short-lived.

Maybe it was the EDT, not the EDC, I used years ago.

My one complaint is that it lasting power is poor as well. Great stuff, ugly bottle, probably worth much more than it sells for....

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan View Post
    Was this reformulated over the years? More than one person is saying to spray alot on, which I can't understand - the last thing is was was weak or short-lived.

Maybe it was the EDT, not the EDC, I used years ago.
    Definitely reformulated. The PC EDC i used in the early 80s had a "creamier" feel that is lacking in today's version. To be honest, longevity was not an issue for me then. I thought all scents lasted till a shower, but our noses got exhausted (duuh). I dont remember there being an EDT version though.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I do find it rather on the weak side, though it's pleasant enough. The powdery-sweet base struck me as a distant cousin of Shalimar, oddly enough.

Hmm, weak is not the first description of PCpH I would have thought of, I always find it to be quite strong and long lasting on the whole.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I tried the uncscented moisturizer trick with CpM and it worked a little too well.
    It has more staying power than you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I tried the uncscented moisturizer trick with CpM and it worked a little too well.
    It has more staying power than you would think.
    I've tried unscented moisturizer with various fragrances. Usually just works against the fragrance by dilluting it. Despite being "hypoallergenic" and so on, it just interferes with the cologne. That's my experience anyway.