Code of Conduct

Default Angel Schlesser Homme

I don't find much discussion on Angel Schlesser Homme here. Someone mentioned it's a bit weaker composition of Givenchy Blue Label (which doesn't impress me). How's the longevity and sillage?

Thanks.

Default Re: Angel Schlesser Homme

Angel Schlesser Homme has a quiet underground following here, it's a really nice fragrance with reasonably good sillage and longevity. Dries down to a very nice warm fragrance indeed.

If you can, try and find Angel Schlesser Oriental Edition, it's very rare and was only released to certain markets, it's a distinctive rich Oriental (duh, the name says it, lol) with wormwood which gives it a bitter edge which smooths out nicely as it dries down.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

HDS, would it be a unique addition to my wardrobe? I don't know where to test it here, so it'd be a blind buy if I decide to take it.

I don't know about unique, but it's certainly a nice fragrance to have around.

The Oriental Edition is unique, I've not smelled anything like it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Dependent

Sorry to chime in like that, but I must say that I have never come across this scent before, and having read the few reviews (most of which are positive), I am glad you have brought it up. I'll be tracking this down to see if I can give it a decent sniff. Thanks!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

It's fresh and pleasant but not particularly outstanding (read: safe). Rather unisex in appeal, modest in sillage and longevity (on me). I gave it a neutral - seems a little generic. Might end up as an also-ran in your wardrobe. But don't take my word for it, give it a sniff.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 4th October 2009 at 04:08 PM.

Using this as an SotD just so I can chime in.
    Fresh, clean and safe ... similar to Adolfo Dominguez Alegria but just a little less sweet and fruity ... stays rather close to skin after a while, below average sillage for me. Longevity average. Good drydown though, rather different from how it smells from first spray (I'm by no means an expert, but if I can distinctly distinguish a change in a fragrance's development over a couple of hours, it gets plus points from me Nice packaging too, very elegant. Got this at a good price so with all points considered, it's still a good buy for me. It's certainly pleasant enough as a good school/office frag.