Code of Conduct

Smile S O T D Sunday 04 October 2009

Happy Sunday everybody

GUERLAIN' S HABIT ROUGE

EAU DE TOILETTE LEGERE

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S O T D Sunday 04 October 2009

Good morning, and Happy Sunday to Roberto and everybody else!

Today I´m wearing Escada Sentiment. What?? I like it.

If anyone else likes it too, please raise your hands!
    Last edited by musse; 4th October 2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Can´t spell
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Well, Mousie...I like YOU ! [ never sniffed it- the Escada, that is]
    Can I raise my hand for that ?????

Off to work in Cuir de Lancome-
    Sometimes, I think I must be MAD...who even cares that I'm extra suave ?
    Mostly, my colleagues enjoy the hug and occasional wisp of scent, LOL.

Happy Full Moon..go out and HOWL< babies ;-)
    Big hugs for all our tenderhearts.

I wore Habit Rouge yesterday so I decided to continue with the Bergamot & vanilla combo again today.

Shalimar Light
    Last edited by Jasper; 4th October 2009 at 09:38 AM.

Happy Sunday!

Salvador Dali today. The blind sniffing thread inspired me to buy this fragrance that I wore in the eighties. Smells good.

Escada Sentiment is all right, I would say 2 1/2 stars out of 5 -- I would wear it when the mood strikes, perhaps. And I love our Musse too!

Matter of fact, I will probably put on the only Escada I got here -- Collection, the leftovers from Tinker's generous de***t. It is sweet and slightly smokey and gourmand altogether, in the lines of LB Venezia but with less spice. Will go to work to do 7 till 7 with a long lunch break.

Have a nice Sunday!

Novis, I've never stopped wearing Salvador Dali - it's one of the best ambers around! Simply stunning.

Today I'm in Juicy Couture. Its mix of frivolity and nostalgia is perfect right now. I was in the mood for something sweet and floral, but not candy.

I'm wearing YR's Voile d'Ambre, in belated deference to yesterday's Sniff 'n' Speak, which I had to miss because I had a clinical workshop. (Yesterday, I was in Jolie Madame in the morning and Moustache at night!)

V d'A has a good deal of charm. Sweet and warm. Wears a little cheaply and thin on the drydown, but it's a cracking little scent, all told.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Hi everybody! Another sunny Sunday here1 I'm wearing Jovoy Chypre:
    rose and peony
    jasmine, lily of the valley and honey
    amber, vetiver and patchouli

The rose is very prominent at the start. Then a kind of warm skin scent has developed on my skin: I think it's the honey. It's slowly becoming less floral and more difuse. Not a fragrance I'll wear to work.

Oh sheesh. You can't read it. Fantasia de Fleurs.

Reminds me of our darling Tinks - vanished forever I guess - who sent me THE most generous d****t of this billowing floral. Lush without being overwhelming - roses and lilies and 0smanthus (with a big dose of sunshine) oh my!!

(BOTH hands raised for Mousie...never tried the frag!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Couldn't part with SL Ambre Sultan yet, so am wearing it today, too...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Premiere Figuere, L'Artisan

Soccer today, the son hasn't played for almost 2 weeks ...fingers crossed he won't take a hit to the face!

Cheering on for your DS, Ubu!!

Musse, I like Sentiment. I don't remember much more than that I liked it though.

I'm trying to catch up on previous SotD posts, been so busy despite it being the midsem holidays. Or "lecture free period". Got myself a casual job so now I can buy more perfume! Hehehehe!

Wearing Bvlgari Femme today. Mmmm pretty.

Le Temps d'une Fete today.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir - the best version of Eau Sauvage IMO.

Notes include Sicilian Lemon, Hedione, Aromatic Herbs, Cedar, Chypre Accord and Ambry Leather.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Musse, I don't know Escada Sentiment but I'm raising my hand for you.
    Twolf, I love Escada Collection. I have a little d****t and yes, it's a lot like Venezia. It also reminds me of Ginestet Botrytis.
    Ubu, good luck to your boy!

Sharing the house with Tigrushka in Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger (d****t; need a FB of this gorgeous potion)

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

LesNez Let Me Play The Lion today..roar

'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

kbe, THAT is the cutest!

kbe!! That photo is too darling.

Off for another full day of house hunting with my handsome fighter pilot buyer (yes it is a tough job but someone's gotta do it) and hoping it won't pour rain.

Thinking the spicy yet soft & sweet Nanadebary Pink is perfect for today. Like a pink angora sweater on freshly scrubbed warm skin. Mmm.

beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I can't seem to put down PG Cadjmere. Yum yum yum. It makes me feel all snuggly on this wet, cool morning.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Amouage Jubilation 25. Sigh, another one I would like a full bottle of but can't afford it. Perhaps a decant.. we'll see.

Have a happy Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    Hi everybody! Another sunny Sunday here1 I'm wearing Jovoy Chypre:
    rose and peony
    jasmine, lily of the valley and honey
    amber, vetiver and patchouli

The rose is very prominent at the start. Then a kind of warm skin scent has developed on my skin: I think it's the honey. It's slowly becoming less floral and more difuse. Not a fragrance I'll wear to work.
    Hey everyone, alba we are twins today. Sampled the other day and had to give Jovoy Chypre a full SOTD. Funny thing is that the floral lasts forever on me with this one. Big hugs to all for this wonderful Sunday.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Basenotes Institution

Hi everyone- have a good Sunday !
    This morning it's Bluebell By Penhaligon's - it's too early in the morning yet . The first thing I did was grab my bottle of Bluebell ,sprayed and went to breathe in some fresh morning air. Bluebell + morning air = heaven !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Wearing a fabulouse thrift-store find Cashmere bulky cable sweater in a brilliant apple green. What a perfect day for me to try my new bottle of Vent Vert -- Parfum, original formulation. What marvelously sophiscated Galbanumy (is that a word? it is now!) goodness!

Oh, my. I smell GOOD!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Everyone smells great today!

I'm wearing Rumeur by Lanvin. I love the fizzy, dry, aldehydic, acetone, rosy airiness of this. Aldehydes are my friends lately.

Chaya, the moon last night was huge and round - so beautiful! I had to stop in my tracks and stare. And to think that was just the preview for tonight's full howler.

Kbe, that pic is adorable!

Enjoy the day, all.

Hello everybody Back from a kind of busy shift, showered and now I'm in Crystal Noir.Hope you all have a nice sunday!

Hello, all!

Hugs for rtamara!

Ambre Sultan, today.

I'm wearing Alahine today.

It would have been my amber for yesterday.

EL Beautiful, and it is.

Bourbon French Mon Idée -- a pretty, carnationesque scent. Have a lovely Sunday, all.

Testing Opium Poesie de Chine, which seems very similar to Fleur de Shanghai, oddly enough.

And on the other wrist is SIP Magazine Street, a faintly sherbety delight once you break the pain barrier of the opening!

I would be wearing more, but my sweatshirt has a prohibitively high neckline!

Soir - I have more VdA if you want it.....!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Institution

Amber Absolute by Tom Ford - 2nd day in a row.

Extremely good, being a close relative to Ambre Sultan...with a bit less sweetness. Yesterday's SnS really kicked up my dormant amber obsession. I forgot how ultimately satisfying I find amber prominent scents.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Well this afternoon I am in my fave Jicky extrait and EDP - fabulous ! Have a good afternoon everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Bulgari Omnia Green Jade

Notes: Spring Water, Green Mandarin, White Peony, Nasturtium, Pear Tree Flower, Jasmine Petals, Fresh Pistachio, White Woods, Musk (from sephora.com)

Omnia Green Jade is done in the typical restrained style that most other Bulgari fragrances (except Black) seem to have. To my nose, tea is the central accord, and is obvious from the start. There is also a doughy, powdery, almond-vanilla, rubbery note that I have smelled in various sweet oriental fragrances. The tea is what anchors the composition as its sharp leather-tobacco edge cuts through the shapeless dough note. Soft Iso E Super woods hum along in the base. OGJ is extremely light and fleeting. It makes me think of an extremely toned-down Kenzo Amour with tea added. Perhaps it shares more kinship to Black that I am willing to admit, since I also find OGJ a bit like Black but without any of the character. Since I find that Black puts my teeth on edge every time I smell it, I can't say that a de-fanged version is all bad.

Ed Hardy Women

Notes: bergamot, blood orange, red sake accord, black currant, pink peppercorn, nectarine, jasmine, forbidden plum, sensual musk, cedarwood, sandalwood and patchouli (from macys.com)

This has to be the fragrance that wins the prize for smelling the most like a Jolly Rancher candy. It is mouth puckeringly sour with a huge dose of a synthetic, nondescript "red" fruit flavor that seems part way between watermelon and strawberry. I suppose this is what might happen if you take Miss Dior Cherie and amplify the fruit without attempting to create any kind of balance or structure. The sour fruit is backed by a sugary and diaphanous vanilla-wood note, similar to many other woody orientals on the market, but not nearly as well done. Although I dislike Miss Dior Cherie on my skin, it is a much better composition--skip the Ed Hardy and go for the Dior.
    Last edited by Asha; 4th October 2009 at 07:14 PM.

Miss Tao and I are thinking of our Tinker -- simultaneously!

LOL at kbe's picture!

Agree about Botrytis and Venezia and Escada Collection with tdem.

Sunnyfunny -- #22 every day, I wonder how many days in a row has it been so far?

Outlandish, so, it came? Good on you!

Blog Entries

Jour de Fête today!

Coco Mademoiselle, been wearing it every day since last Tuesday - freshly applied of course!

Diesel Fuel for Life

Notes: Cassis, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Indole, Patchouli, Ambry Notes (from osmoz.com)

Many people know that I am a complete patch-head. So, give me a patchouli-centered fragrance, especially a decent one, and I'll pay attention. I first tried Fuel for Life when it debuted, went through two spray samples, enjoyed it very much, but did not buy a full bottle. Fast forward to today, and I still really like the astringent, slightly camphoraceous patchouli which is melded with some kind of indolic tropical flower, fermented, half-rotted melon and sour fruit notes. Overall, the fragrance is quite linear, and is definitely not the most artistic scent out there. But, what can I say? Sometimes a fragrance does not have to be a masterpiece in order to be satisfying. Perhaps if Guerlain had bottled this, it would not have been relegated to the bottom shelf.

Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited

Notes: Lemon, Mandarin, Pear, Guava, Violet, Aloe, Sambac Jasmine, Lily, Anise, Licorice, Sandalwood (from sephora.com)

After trying Fuel for Life, I half expected Fuel for Life Unlimited to be an ultra-special rendition of its namesake. In reality, I can't say it does much to enhance the aura of the original. However, it is rather pretty and feminine, perhaps a bit more rounded for times when the patchouli and funky fruit combination of Fuel for Life is a bit too weird. Indeed, FFLU pulls back from the edge, and falls smack into a land of plentiful and ordinary fruity floriental fragrances. Having said that, FFLU is definitely not the worst of the bunch, and thankfully has not taken a ride on the grapefruit, soap and air freshener bus as do many "clean and fresh" flankers to oriental bombshells. The sour citrus notes of FFLU are subdued, and the fluffy marshmallow cloud of vanilla woods is allowed to be mostly that--soft and creamy, sweet with a bit of an astringent edge. FFLU is nice but nothing outstanding, and definitely not as daring as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Sunnyfunny -- #22 every day, I wonder how many days in a row has it been so far?
    I wore it all last week except yesterday, I tore myself away to participate in SnS
    So 6 out of 7 days.

SOTE: Vintage Cabochard...Mmmmm...rose and leather and...salt? It's salty to me. It makes me feel very grown up, like I should be deftly bustling about my tidy kitchen, preparing a delicious and well balanced meal for my clean and polite children.

But, alas, as much as I'd like to think otherwise, perfume is not destiny. My oldest is on the couch in a pile of snack wrappers, her sprained ankle on a pillow. My other two have covered the rest of the room in paper dolls, while they all watch some sort of surfer show on the Cartoon Network. I am hacking up some leftover ham, all grumbly because I have pinkeye and am about three loads behind in both laundry and dishes.

At least I smell nice.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

Roja Dove Enslaved today.
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    LesNez Let Me Play The Lion today..roar

That's what we call “Get-out-of-town Cute”!

After too much thought, found happiness in Nanadebary Green.

Armani Code Pour Homme
    Gary

Outlandish, so, it came? Good on you!
    Brielle kindly sent a sample of Cadjmere with my Champs-Elysees, and I am hoarding it
    I swear, the fabulous samples from BNers has been the spur for the majority of my new found loves!
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing SL Borneo 1834 today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe courtesy of Taolady. Delicious..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

We went to visit my mom and puppy. I brought home with me my dad's Allure Homme. I also found a soap (great thread about soaps yesterday!), very little left of a deodorant stick and an aftershave that I am planning to wear on my arms (hope that's ok)!

Ah, yes, I almost forgot, I am wearing Allure Homme today.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S O T D Sunday 04 October 2009

Vol de Nuit by Guerlain.

A_e, I thought you came home with your mom's puppy, not a new (for you!) Chanel.

Coming home with a new (to you) Chanel? Never a bad thing.

A_e, I thought you came home with your mom's puppy, not a new (for you!) Chanel.
    Mr. Arwen would like to come home with the puppy, but the two kitties at home would not like the competition.
    Evenstar

Hi all! Quarry, I like your new avatar a lot. Did you create it?

I extended the amber experience into another day. SotD is Ava Luxe Ambra Tibet, from a sample. The perfumer describes it as "a gorgeous amber fragrance with spicy cardamon and creamy Madagascar vanilla", and list notes as Tibetan amber, cardamom,Madagascar vanilla, ambergris, and civet.

I am liking it very much, thought there is something in the base that is stopping me from swooning. Maybe the civet?
    Last edited by Haunani; 5th October 2009 at 03:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi everyone!

This afternoon, ooofireballooo came over to my apartment armed with piles of samples for me, after we realized at the SF meet-up that we live a couple of blocks away from each other. He sniffed through my collection and made samples of what he liked, too.

He prefers classics while I tend to like interesting woody niche-style scents, which didn't made for a big crossover of favorites. However, the ones he brought over were great - I'm especially looking forward to trying Egoiste (my first smell - Lutens-esque aldehydic dried fruits on top of a masculine base? sign me up!) and the oud-fueled M7. Smelling them side by sise, I was surprised how much the top notes of Guerlain's L'Instant (homme) resemble the top notes of Cologne du 68, so I'm very much looking forward to trying that, too.

Somehow, I ended up in Montale Black Aoud (I was having him smell a few frags that come up regularly on BN and insisted that this was one that simply had to be worn to be appreciated). He ended up with Black Aoud on one arm and vintage Aramis Havana on the other (with decant-misfire dribbles of Etro Palais Jamais on one hand...)

So thanks to Fireball for the samples and a fun time. And though it feels weird wearing Black Aoud on a random Sunday evening at home, I certainly smell rosey and oudey and good.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??