Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 6 October

Good morning!

Another day in SL Chypre Rouge for me.

Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 6th October 2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: fatal error aka the sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 6 October

Actually heading to bed in a few minutes, but plan to test out AL Pearl Musk upon awakening. Hope you are feeling better now, lilybelle! And take care, all.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday 6 October

Serge Kalouguine' s

Eau Lente

DIPTYQUE

Notes of : opopanax, Indian spices, cinnamon
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Bois des Îles by Chanel

Molinard's Nirmala for a day of volunteering.

Still on holiday; aaah! Also in the good news department, we have accepted an offer on our flat and could be moving within the month if everything goes well (though the thought of moving house fills me with dread as well... ).

I've had two days of fancying practically every perfume I own - bit unusual because I'm mostly drawn very specifically to scents and put off by others - so feeling spoilt for choice and finding it hard to decide! In the end I went for MH Citron Citron yesterday, but today I'm going for the gorgeous Neil Morris parfum d'Odette. I feel like I've broken out the good china.

Smelling good, Roberto! Does it count if you're scent twins on consecutive days?

Today's is Spezie di Medici - the lovely golden glow of orange pomanders to go with the fiery leaves outside.
    Good luck on moving, Nuka!
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Congratulations, Nukapai! How exciting!

I'm in the take-no-prisoners Balmain de Balmain today.

It's just the way it had to be.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

ORGANZA by Givenchy

Basenotes Plus

Juicy Couture EDP - how very gay of me?!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Good morning all and congratulations Nukapai on the new house! Today we woke up and it was white outside....There's still some patches of snow left on the ground now,but most of it seems to have melted again.This mean's it's winther soon ,I guess Sotd is Fracas.

Le Maroc Pour Elle

First snow has landed in Reykjavik yesterday
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

SNOW? ACK! Completely NOT READY to start the winter groove...

At any rate, I'm thrilled to bits about Brielle's new digs - congrats! AND to hear of Nuk's realestate deal - best to you and DH on the transacting!

Yesterdays' wearing of Josef Statkus yielded 2 (yes, TWO!) compliments...both from women (which always feels more 'sincere' somehow)...maybe a decant isn't enough, hmmmm, I may have to reconsider emptying my wallet for that treasure.

Today it's new brakes for my vehicle. I'll be bringing a good book and a cloud of Coco, Chanel into the waiting room!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Aramis JHL (vintage).

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Pimento
    Middle Notes: Carnation, Cinnamon, Fir, Rose
    Base Notes: Labdanum, Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sunnyfunny thank you for the concern but while it was a bad week it wasn't anything really serious in the scheme of things. Everything important to me is doing fine. It's just when a lot of little, and medium-sized, annoyances all decide to pile up in one five-day period it makes you want to have a lost weekend, and I did.

Monday was defiitely an improvement from a week ago lets see if Tuesday can keep the trend going.

Today I broke out my tiny vial of something special.

Kenzo Unidendified Fragrance Object (UFO)

I am a fan of Kenzo as a House, overall. I am especially a fan when they give perfumers some leeway to be creative as they did Dominique Ropion in Jungle L'Elephant. I was very excited to hear that they had asked Aurelien Guichard to create a 2009 limited edition Unidentified Fragrance Object ( Parfum Objet Non Identifie ). M. Guichard stated he was designing this scent around a heart which contained a "marble accord". Marble as in the material used by sculptors and this had me really looking forward to a mineral-laden scent and M. Guichard does not disappoint. The top of UFO is reminiscent of M. Guichard's Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory as UFO also starts with a metallic note. In this case it feels like the metal of the chisel before it starts to bite into the marble. There is a note of orange blossom to keep the metallic accord from getting too strong. The heart is the promised "marble accord" and it has a cool stone quality to it but it also has a curious kind of wamth as well as it turns deeper and more minerally in character. It is like the sun is warming the stone as it is being worked upon. all throughout the development of this stony aspect a sheer frankincense is in place as it seems this artist works with a cone of incense burning in their studio. UFO really stays in place as a mix of incense and marble for a very long time finally allowing a base of vanilla to join them in the end. UFO has above average longevity and is very close wearing with little sillage. Aurelien Guichard is becoming one of those perfumers who is working in extremely interesting directions, for me, and if he keeps working with the same kind of artistry he shows in UFO he won't be "unidentified" for too much longer.

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Feeling Aquatic Today

Le Labo - Rose 31 (testing)
    Last edited by warlandsboy; 6th October 2009 at 11:22 AM.

...and I'm feeling nostalgic...so it's a stroll through green leafy

Nukie! Didn't know you too were on the move! Bonne chance!!

Roberto! You're so minimalist these past couple days....everything OK??
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Smile Re: SotD Tuesday 6 October

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    ...and I'm feeling nostalgic...so it's a stroll through green leafy

Nukie! Didn't know you too were on the move! Bonne chance!!

Roberto! You're so minimalist these past couple days....everything OK??
    Taolady, thanks....you are very sensitive.....and smelling always marvelous....and you have to be a marvelous person, very very discerning....thanks a lot....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Perfumes

Guerlain Cologne du 68

Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight for me this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    … Hope you are feeling better now, lilybelle!
    I’m fine now, thanks Leesee. I had a good cry over it, though. Silly of me really.

Nukapai, congratulations! Good news for you so you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    SNOW? ACK! Completely NOT READY to start the winter groove...
    Me neither!

SMM, UFO sounds very interesting.

Taolady is very discerning indeed. (((Hugs))) to our Roberto (just in case you need/want them).
    Last edited by lilybelle; 6th October 2009 at 12:05 PM.

This morning brings with it an errand-running list about a mile long, so I went with the refreshing Creed Virgin Island Water.

I love it when you read the description for a scent, think "Not gonna like it", and then end up really enjoying it! Reminds me to never stop trying new scents
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Smelling good, Roberto! Does it count if you're scent twins on consecutive days?

Today's is Spezie di Medici - the lovely golden glow of orange pomanders to go with the fiery leaves outside.
    Good luck on moving, Nuka!
    Thanks , who knows Veuve Amiot , who knows ?????
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight for me this morning.

I’m fine now, thanks Leesee. I had a good cry over it, though. Silly of me really.

Nukapai, congratulations! Good news for you so you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Me neither!

SMM, UFO sounds very interesting.

Taolady is very discerning indeed. (((Hugs))) to our Roberto (just in case you need/want them).
    Thanks thanks thanks, love you all very very much, love you love you love you all...
    Perfumes

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Post shower this AM both forearms are still sniffable with the two Aramis Havana releases. So SotD is Aramis Havana.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

We went to Bern yesterday to get hubby's Dutch passport renewed and find out if Small and I are eligible for dual nationality. The lady in the Consulate was really nice and very helpful. We have to get Small's birth certificates etc certified by something called an Apostille, which I've never heard of before. I expect we'll have a few phonecalls/emails to try to find out what this is and who in Wales or London does it. However, she's eligible for Dual nationality, which is lovely. It's something to share with her Daddy and I don't know, I just think it gives her more flexibility in life. Choice is a wonderful thing to have.

I would have to learn to speak and write Dutch before I would be able to apply, and since I'm currently struggling to learn German, I'm going to leave it a while. It's a project to put on the back burner for a few years. I have no real need for a Dutch passport, apart from rather liking the idea of our family being able to travel together under a single name. (I've kept my British passport in my maiden name, partly from laziness, partly because that's the name I use for work and partly... to keep a little piece of my own identity. Silly, perhaps, but my little bit of independence.)

Today I am wearing a perfume I never thought I would own, let alone in extrait (which this is): Mitsouko. Like Quarry, I have finally 'got it' and today the tiny bottle of extrait I won on ebay for silly money (under 20 quid for 8mls!) arrived. I like it. I even have moments when I think it is very beautiful. And the drydown is getting better and better as it develops. Happy me.

I hope there are plenty of happy yous out there today. Hoorah for the housemovers - I will keep my fingers crossed for you Nukapai. And a scattering of cushions to you Brielle! To you, Roberto, I'll add my hug to the pile of others on this thread.
    And for all the other readers of this thread, if you're having a rubbish day: chin up. Wipe your eyes and come round here for a hug and a cuppa.
    xxxx
    Last edited by Wordbird; 6th October 2009 at 12:43 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

missed posting yesterday, but I was replete in Chanel no. 5
    Madame X at night, no. 5 for my daytime hours.
    Had a lovely picnic with hubby yesterday, may post some photos soon.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Chilly here this week, and breaking out fall fragrances. This morning in the mood for Coco, with a spritz of Vanille Abricot. Work is busy, as everyone is turning on furnaces for the first time this season.

:wave:
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I got a delightful care package yesterday (why is my mail now being delivered at 6pm? It used to come at about 10am. I'm most disgruntled.)

I'm giving Bandit a whirl today. At first, I was disappointed -- I was told this would be a BAD GIRL LEATHER! All I got was powder and, maybe violets? There was some leather in there, I guess.....

But, then the drydown set in, and the Bandit got progressively naughtier. There is something almost sour in the late middle that I'm not sure I quite "get," but now I smell good and BAD. Excellent.

It occurs to me that Bandit is therefore the perfect perfume for sneaking out for a night of debauchery. "Just going to Bible Study, Mom" says the Toppy powder. "Read these verses!" says the more leathery drydown.......

Interesting!

PS: Wordbird: The extrait of Mitsouko is such a wonderful thing. I think that many people who find the EdT to be "OK, but...welll....I'm not sure" would find a more glorious experience with the full strength parfum. It's so smooth and silky.....
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 6th October 2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Basenotes Plus

Nuka, congrats!

More hugs from Staten Island for (((((Roberto)))) -- hey, we love you back -- and for anyone else who could use one. Step up, line forms to the left. xxxooo

Am intent on working my way through my d****t stash. Today it's Creed Royal Delight. Beautiful, kind of a cross between Sublime and Venezia.

Have a great day, you fine smelling lovelies!
    Last edited by tdem1961; 6th October 2009 at 01:27 PM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

It's dark and raining heavily here today so I went with Ormonde Jayne Ta'if an exotic, spicy desert rose.

I am wearing Burnt Amber today. Feeling a bit under the weather today, but not enough to stay home. I do like my work and I don't like to "give in," unless I have a bona fide something-or-other and I risk the health of others.

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post

I'm giving Bandit a whirl today.

It occurs to me that Bandit is therefore the perfect perfume for sneaking out for a night of debauchery. "Just going to Bible Study, Mom" says the Toppy powder. "Read these verses!" says the more leathery drydown.......

Interesting!

Brilliant and true! LOL
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Morning everyone !
    Congrats to Nukapai on her house deal - good luck with moving !
    Ubuandibeme - you are tempting me with the Joseph Statkus ( apparently Anna Wintour's fave scent )
    Lilybelle- more hugs for you and I hope you are alright .SMM - well wishes for you too.
    Leesee- I love A L Pearl Musk .

This morning it's Bluebell again !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Cote Bastide Iris on this mild and partly cloudy morning... having coffee on the deck with the kitties, hope you all have a great day!

Don't know where the summer went--it was in the 90's F just last week, and now it won't break 70. I'm in brown on brown on brown--Profumo.it Hindu Kush.

Nice crisp day=Halston.
    would love to find a vintage bottle sometime.

Congrats to Nukapai and Brielle on the housing front!!!

Hugs to anyone who wants one - 'Cause I'm feeling like it today.

I smell gooooooooood in Creed Baie de Genievre today. Just right for a slightly crisp fall day at work.

Baie de Genievre notes: Vetiver, cinnamon leaves, juniper berry.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

((I'll take a hug from my sis' ComDiva))

After an intense morning workout at the gym, I splashed on the always-classy:

Eau de Hermes by Hermes

But in about 1/2 an hour, due to the incredibly humid weather and sweating, I had burnt off all of the scent on my body, so I grabbed a sample in my bag and reapplied (for the 2nd day in a row):

Sous Le Vent by Guerlain (the last few drops from my sample - thanks Ruggles)

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Got a little smile on my face. While doing my morning perusal for perfume-related videos, I happened upon the 10 minutes from Scent of a Woman in which the blind Frank (Pacino) dancess with Donna. Simply a slice of delight. ... And now I have the tango music stuck in my head.

Big, happy news. Congrats, Nukapai! Look forward to reports on every phase -- just as I do Brielle and Lessa's home tales.
    You expressed something I go through too often--overthinking SotD choice. Your phrasing is sublime:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    I've had two days of fancying practically every perfume I own - bit unusual because I'm mostly drawn very specifically to scents and put off by others - so feeling spoilt for choice and finding it hard to decide!
    You must be on a literary roll, because this phrase also tickles this audience:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    I'm going for the gorgeous Neil Morris parfum d'Odette. I feel like I've broken out the good china.
    Wordie, I retained my maiden name (giggle every time I refer to myself in maiden form -- giggles again, Maidenform™). Those who know my last name must really wonder, as it ain't a pretty thing, while my husband has this beautiful last name: Savin. Aren't we a couple of slow-learners, W, when it comes to Mitsouko? But then, there's no one I'd rather sit in the corner sharing dunce caps with than you!

Need to get some PMing done, then off to the shower. I know I'm going to be wearing Sabi on one wrist and Rue Royale on the other, cuz I think they could be friends.

Thanks, lilybelle, beachroses, ubu (spirograph!), mysticknot. The avatar artist's name is Lemming. Ironic, no?

Lilybelle, I know just how you feel about everything--the bother of car ownership, the responsibility, the guilt over something really minor, the wondering about what someone else might be thinking/planning/going to say. I scraped someone's car in a parking lot once, more than 30 years ago, but we good girls/gentle women take things to heart, don't we? BTW, I left a note, and they later called to say, “No worries.”

Can you guys tell I'm finally done with my slide show? Posted a copy on YouTube yesterday. Now I'm checking in at BN all the time, and writing my longest SotD post ever. So happy to have that project "in the can" as they say in Hollywood. Oh, hell, here it is, condensed to run in under 10 minutes--as if you care.

Mo, you make me laugh daily.

Have I missed hugging anyone who needs it? Roberto? SMM? Well, you've got it, sister or brother--but after I shower.

L'anarchiste

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

AA Mentafollia -- on me this is more green tea than mint, but pleasant nonetheless.

Antaeus (Chanel)

Congrats to Nukapai on the sale of the flat!

Hope you are feeling more cheerful today, Lilybelle, and that Therese will be feeling over the weather shortly!

I am testing Esteban Sensuelle Russie - a piney, warm, gourmand scent, which is along the lines I had hoped for Fille en Aiguilles, but which turned out too piney in the end.

Also testing Jean Patou 1000 edt - not too dirty this time, which is good news, as I fear there may be something in here on paper which I would not care for...

On top I am wearing DSH Nourouz ("the scent formerly known as Tamarind Paprika"!) Warm, spicy, red, fruity dust.

And Soir, stand firm in Balmain...
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 6th October 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    ...Thanks, lilybelle, beachroses, ubu (spirograph!), mysticknot. The avatar artist's name is Lemming. Ironic, no?
    Ironic, yes! There is such quick movement in it, like a nose sniffing back and forth.

Lilybelle, I know just how you feel about everything--the bother of car ownership, the responsibility, the guilt over something really minor, the wondering about what someone else might be thinking/planning/going to say. I scraped someone's car in a parking lot once, more than 30 years ago, but we good girls/gentle women take things to heart, don't we? BTW, I left a note, and they later called to say, “No worries.”
    Thank you (and everybody else) for the sympathy. I'm ok now. Yes, the "good girl" reflex gets old. The guy called me this morning and he's going to get an estimate on the cost of having the it repaired. Oy.

Can you guys tell I'm finally done with my slide show? Posted a copy on YouTube yesterday. Now I'm checking in at BN all the time, and writing my longest SotD post ever. So happy to have that project "in the can" as they say in Hollywood. Oh, hell, here it is, condensed to run in under 10 minutes--as if you care.
    I loved your slideshow! Congratulations! Those images are my fantasy life, greenhouse included. I'd like a fruit orchard, too, and berry bushes.

Basenotes Institution

Great slideshow Quarry - what great pictures - makes me want more galbanum and how appropriate is the name of your avatar !

Off to the dentist again- it's a neverending story lately. Ultra busy afternoon coming up. I'm continuing with Bluebell this afternoon after Quarry's slideshow - the need for green !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Shalimar Eau de Parfum today

I´m wearing Arabie today. Spicy, rich but not cloying if applied sparingly (when it comes to Lutens´ scents I´ve always thought that "less is more", too many sprays can be yucky, since they all are so potent). Seems like Ambre Sultan gets more love here on the board, but I absolutely prefer this one.
    Ambre Sultan = plum pudding. Sorry!

Hugs all around!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quarry! I adore your presentation! It was exciting, and fun to watch...especially cute was the little ground squirrel peeking out...and the drop seed grass & redbud tree! All the sights completely capture the Midwest ~ love you for sharing that!

Mysticknot, thanks for posting the tidbit about JS being an Anna Wintour fave...interesting to know what the Queen Mother of fashion likes! It is a unique and beautiful scent

It was still very warm here, today, so I was wearing

Kai.

Jasmin et Cigarette from Etat Libre d'Orange. Once you get past the top "ashtray" note, a nice woody jasmine scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quarry, I'll have to watch your slide show when I get home tonight. It's great to read all these rave reviews!

Twolf, today is actually day 8.

Glad everything's all good, SMM .
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 6th October 2009 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Tuesday 6 October

Prada Ambre.

Started my day in the stunning Nahema parfum. I can still smell the earthy-rosey base. Just love it. Might clear my head later with Vanilla Anise.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

It was a grubby cleaning day for me, thus requiring a midday shower. For the afternoon I'm doing a little experiment:

ON THE LEFT: We have Mitsouko Eau de Cologne, most likely from the mid-to-late 1960's
    ON THE RIGHT: We have Mitsouko Eau de Toilette, from some time between 1982 and 1989.

At first application, both formulations have a sharp feeling, but the EdC reminds me of citrus, the EdT reminds me of aldehydes. Odd.

In the drydown, the smooth, rounded sweetness emerges for both, In the midrange, there is an odd petroleum note in the EdC which is missing from the EdT. Now, two hours in, they are both pretty mellow, but the EdC is showing more of the spice, where the fruit shines a bit brighter in the EdT.

Not currently on: My Parfum version, likely from sometime in the 1990s. I can tell you from memory, though, that that formulation has none of the harsh sharpness in the open. It's not linear, but the progression flows in such a creamy stream that one hardly notices any change from one stage to the next.

As if you needed me to tell you Mitsouko was awesome. >snerk<
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

SotE - Terre d'Hermès

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    As if you needed me to tell you Mitsouko was awesome. >snerk<
    But it's true! Need! Especially comparing the variations.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

LOL at Quarry....I know, no discussion of the glories of Mitsouko can be a bad discussion!

I'm also quite conscious as I do this comparison that the EdC bottle I have is likely a bit more deteriorated than the EdT. Both are vintage, but the EdC is likely 20 years older. Also, the EdT came as an unused refillable atomiser (in the basketweave style, which partially protects the contents from light) and the EdC came in the big Stopwatch bottle, which is clear and has a lot of exposed surface area. Also, about half of the 3 oz bottle was gone, either through use or evaporation. SO, the rogue citrus note and the odd petroleum note could very well be indicative of the scent going "off" rather than a difference in formulation.

At this point, we are a good 3 hours in. There is a VERY faint spicy scent on my left arm, and a pronounced hit of apricot pit and spice on the right.

Musse, I love these two you have mentioned: Ambre Sultan and Arabie. I wore Arabie last night, actually.

Put on Fragonard Grain de Soleil in the morning before the bath and could not wait to scrub it off: what happened to me? It was smelling fine in warmer weather.

Asha, the transition from the 90s to 70s is not that harsh as the transition from the 70s to 40s as we are having it now -- what happened to autumn? Too early for winter yet, I hope. And then again, I have not had a real winter for the last 11 years. We have not turned on the furnace yet, still getting by on the heat produced by two space heaters.

Will test Ted Lapidus Fou d'Elle this afternoon.

OK, I am craving nice vanilla as of late -- not deep and dark like Le Maison de la Vanille Mexique, but something light and foody along the lines of Laurence Dumont offerings. If somebody has excess of these above or knows something different but similar , please PM me.

Timbuktu. Still on our honeymoon period, Timbuktu and me.