Code of Conduct

Default LOOKING FOR: a golden apple scent, a spicy, clove-y carnation; lemongrass/ginger

...not all in the same frag! Three separate ones.

Carnation - something gorgeously spicy, rather like Lush's Potion.
    Apple - NOT like Be Delicious, a true, rich apple-y scent.
    Lemongrass and Ginger - something with prominent notes of each.

Any and all help appreciated!

Default Re: LOOKING FOR: a golden apple scent, a spicy, clove-y carnation; lemongrass/ginger

Brandy by Brandy - apple pie yum

Default Re: LOOKING FOR: a golden apple scent, a spicy, clove-y carnation; lemongrass/ginger

For carnation, Fiori di Capri by Carthusia is beautiful (at beautyhabit.com.) Bellodgia is a classic by Caron that has roses and carnations, you can find inexpensive bottles of that online at fragrancenet, etc. I don't know what Lush smells like and have never seen a fragrance that includes both lemongrass and ginger, but Ginger Essence by Origins has citrus and ginger. All About Eve by Joop! is a lush scent for fall with red apples.

Garden of Hespera by MOR Cosmetics looks interesting with figs and golden apples, too.

http://www.beautyencounter.com/93324...html?synertech

Roger & Gallet Carnation soap is wonderfully spicy, I'm addicted to smelling the travel bar I have.
    Last edited by beachroses; 6th October 2009 at 07:40 PM.

An inexpensive but lovely & realistic carnation to try: Silver Carnations by Possets Perfume. Possets offers a lot of sweet gourmand scents, but her florals are pretty straightforward. I was amazed at how realistic it smelled, but ultimately decided carnation was not a note for me. (These are perfume oils, not offered in EDP or EDT form.)
    Sniff and let sniff.

I looked all over for a review or sample of MOR Garden of Hespera because figs and golden apples sound so nice for fall, but couldn't find any and MOR's website was down last time I tried. I think they dc'd some of their edp's, as well.

Etro also has a spicy carnation scent called Dianthus.

Carnation -- we have spoken about this many times before, but let me reiterate: Caron Belodgia is a nice and spicy classical carnation fragrance, a bit old-fashioned but good and long lasting. Modern carnations are represented by the best of the best: MPG Soie Rouge (Red Silk), L'Artisan Ouilliet Savage (discontinued) and Etro Dianthus.

Golden Apple -- warlandsboy's suggestion is right on the point -- there is nothing better (yet!) if you are not looking for the whole apple-pie with cinnamon and baked crust -- Brandy de Brandy is your choice.

I don't know Lush's Potion, but I do know the notes for Comme des Garcons Carnation:
    Red Pepper, Carnation, Red Rose, Cloves, Jasmin. Here's what BN reviewers have said:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121467.html

I would add that it is realistic yet spicy and warm.
    cheers, tim

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Carnation:
    Garofano by SMN and another Garofano by Lorenzo Villoresi. They both smell very true but the SMN lasts considerably longer.

Blog Entries

I'll second Comme Des Garcons Carnation.

And suggest a different MOR Cosmetics, their Fruits of Cornucopia. It's like a juicy apple, with a touch of strawberry and creme de cassis. It's like the fruity part of a fruity floral without the floral part. And the bottle is nice in sort of a goth glam way:

Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I loved Oeillet Sauvage and Orchidee Blanche by L'Artisan.

Spicy Carnations: Another vote for Etro Dianthus, and a big thumbs up for Caron Poivre.

Quote Originally Posted by mippy View Post
    ...not all in the same frag! Three separate ones.

Carnation - something gorgeously spicy, rather like Lush's Potion.
    Apple - NOT like Be Delicious, a true, rich apple-y scent.
    Lemongrass and Ginger - something with prominent notes of each.

Any and all help appreciated!
    apple: All about Eve (for me this apple is green, perfect for summer and spring)
    clove: Garofano by Villoresi (classy)

Someone suggested orchidee Blance by L'artisan, but I think this frag is discontinued.

Oh, yesssss... All About Eve.....it's been one of my favorites (as my name shows... ), green apples, cinnamon, vanilla...fruity light oriental. Smells like "Apfelstrudel"...you know, that german dessert!!

Maybe it's just me, but Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe reminds me of warm spiced apples. It's not listed in the notes though.

For carnation, Prada's Oeillet parfum, although hard to find, is a nice ambery-spicy take on carnation.