Code of Conduct

Default Just starting out, based on my collection, what else should I get?

Hello, as the topic states, I'm brand new to the fragrance department but I am in love. I'm a male, and I use cologne. So far, I have found 3 colognes that I'm absolutely in love with. Based on these does anyone have any suggestions for things similar that I might like? Here they are (in order of my favorites):

1. Prada Infusion d'Homme

2. Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

3. Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme

4. Davidoff Cool Water

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Just starting out, based on my collection, what else should I get?

Welcome to BN californiakid. It's a good well balanced wardrobe u have.

But you could do with some 80s/contemporary powerhouse frags, some evergreen classics and a gourmand or two.

Powerhouse: YSL M7, YSl Kouros and Azzaro Pour Homme
    Classics: Dior Eau Sauvage, Chanel Pour Monsieur and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
    Gourmand: Thierry Mugler A*Men and Paco Rabanne Black XS Pour Homme
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 6th October 2009 at 07:03 PM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Hey man, those are great, I'm going to try to see if I can get samples somewhere. Where's the best place to get these?

2nd that. You can also try beautyencounter.com for samples and minis. Fragrancenet.com has some, too, use the search word "vial" on that website for samples. Ebay has a ton of them (you can save on shipping if you find a seller with an extensive selection) and dept stores will often give them to you for free if they carry the fragrance you are looking for, but they don't always have them available.
    Last edited by beachroses; 6th October 2009 at 07:46 PM.

I'll second Jonny's suggestions of Eau Sauvage and Chanel PM; you can't go wrong with those. Though it is, like others have said, important to try before you buy. You can sniff quite a bit at department stores, but Nordstrom and Sephora will usually make you a sample to take home if you ask, which is a good way to spend some time with a scent before pulling the trigger on a full bottle.
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

Thank you all!

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
    Hey man, those are great, I'm going to try to see if I can get samples somewhere. Where's the best place to get these?
    I'll bring you a sample of Yves Saint Laurent Kouros, since I know where you hang out and run into you periodically. It's good stuff. You might get hooked.

I hope he's going to enjoy Kouros as well. Though I admit it took me 3 full wearings to finally "get" it lol.

No harm in trying Vetiver earlier on the game, you might just love it and not waste money on lots of other boring frags and go straight to livelier,better quality Vetiver Frags...

for starters, give Guerlain Vetiver, Encre Noir and Mugler cologne a try.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

try geir ness...it has a prada infusion d'homme kind of quality...if you like l'homme, try vicktor and rolff antidote...not the same, but i liked l'homme and its got a similar vibe, imo
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron