Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Mulled Cider, Bonfire and Apple Pie by Demeter

3 new scents by Demeter. The Mulled Cider I might just blind buy, because I'm a cinnamon fiend.

Default Re: Mulled Cider, Bonfire and Apple Pie by Demeter

The only Demeter I've ever tried is Thunderstorm, and frankly I was not impressed. I was really excited about it because I love the smell of rain and storms, but I remember it smelling very very synthetic, and not really like a thunderstorm.

So I ascribed this hyper-synthetic quality to all Demeter fragrances...even the ones that are not supposed to be abstract representations of events.

Was I wrong in doing that? Do Demeter scents like Patchouli, Bonfire, Mulled Cider, etc. smell less contrived and chemical?

If a highly qualified and tuned nose like mikeperez23's nose sees something in them, I feel like I must have given up on Demeter too soon. Anyway, I hope you like your new ones!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 7th October 2009 at 04:44 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Mulled Cider, Bonfire and Apple Pie by Demeter

I'll report back if I buy it. I happen to love Dirt, Thunderstorm, Pruning Shears, and a handful of others - but I will agree that most of the line (gosh, there's so many!) are overly synthetic with poor longevity and this keeps them on a short leash for most Basenoters.

Even this qualified and tuned nose likes a little 'pop music for the nose' ever so often.