Code of Conduct
    Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Red face Local Men's Health Grooming Awards 2009

I almost choked when I saw the results (and the accompanying description).
    Here's the reproduction:-

WOODY SCENT: Polo Black by Ralph Lauren
    As its refreshing top notes begin to fade, this fragrance morphs into a robust and seductive scent that's ideal for the night.

BOLD SCENT: Only The Brave by Diesel
    A characteristic fragrance that makes itself felt. Use this whenever you want to be noticed, even in a crowd.

SPICY SCENT: Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani
    An intense and multi-layered concoction of various spices that forms a harmoniously oriental fragrance.

SUBTLE SCENT: Power by Kenzo
    Contrary to its moniker, this fragrance is best described as lingering enough to get you noticed without being obstrusive.

CITRUS SCENT: DKNY Men by DKNY
    Clean, citrus fragrances complement warm and humid weather because they help to keep you upbeat, even when you're starting to break a sweat.

FRESH SCENT: Hilfiger by Tommy Hilfiger
    This crisp fragrance starts as an energising burst of freshness and tapers into a scent that's playfully sexy.

Well, what say you fellow Basenoters?
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 7th October 2009 at 04:36 PM.

Default Re: Local Men's Health Grooming Awards 2009

Well at least Kenzo Power is on the list. So all is not lost LOL
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Well at least Kenzo Power is on the list. So all is not lost LOL
    >>>>> Equally surprised LOL

Sur la Plage

Well I guess I am not well groomed since I do not own any of those fragrances.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Unless I have a really bad cold I wouldn't describe Kenzo Power as 'subtle'... And Only the Brave as a bold scent?? Perhaps I should introduce the editor to Basenotes...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Well I guess I am not well groomed since I do not own any of those fragrances.
    Us both.

Many ex-schoolmates of mine have worked in the local publishing industry, and they often only feature stuff that are "sponsored". They always tell me that one of the perks of writing for a magazine: all the cosmetic freebies they get. No surprise here.

I do own Polo Black, though I got it about 4 years ago before I'd really smelled much else. If I don't tell anyone that I never wear it, do you think I could pass for being slightly groomed?
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Us both.

Many ex-schoolmates of mine have worked in the local publishing industry, and they often only feature stuff that are "sponsored". They always tell me that one of the perks of writing for a magazine: all the cosmetic freebies they get. No surprise here.
    That seems to be the consensus with every major publication as well, as most of the "top" fragrances are in ads throughout the rest of the magazine or whatever
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Well they conducted an online poll among some 600 readers. But the nominated scents are likely from the sponsors. That's how things usually work. To be fair these selections are never meant to reflect the best of the breed, just options guys like us could consider as part of 'grooming'.

We're just too exposed to BN and the variety of frags here. In the "real" world, these frags and their designer contemporaries are all that they know really.

I'd be surprised if I see some non-familiar, niche houses here -- now that's when I'd think results were rigged (if it was taken from a poll). Just thinking of a positive, that these kinds of awards/results will spark further interest in frags and start the journey for future perfumistas