Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo Oud 27 and Straight to heaven By Kilian

Le Labo Oud 27 and Straight to heaven
    Do they have something in common? Today I got a sample of Oud27 by Le Labo and as soon as I tried it I thought WOW this is Straight to heaven then it changed a bit to something smooth and I just love it. I'm not good a describing the notes and how it smells like but those 2 share a very nice , sweet and smooth note.
    Anyone agrees with me? or someone can tell me what they have in common? is it the Rum or is it the musky cedar ???
    Last edited by hawk; 7th October 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Default Re: Le Labo Oud 27 and Straight to heaven By Kilian

It is something slight similar, that reminded me also.

They're very different from eachother IMO, but both of them are cedar-prominent with very noticeable patchouli. For me, Oud 27 is animalic gaiac-cedar-oud that cleanly dries down, while Straight to Heaven is a boozy rum-patch with a huge woody-amber.

Here's the official list of notes for reference:

Oud 27 Notes
    Atlas cedar, incense, Patchouli, Saffron, Gaiac wood

Straight to Heaven Notes
    Martinican rum absolute, dried fruits accord, Javanese nutmeg oil, hedione, cedarwood, Indonesian patchouli oil, ambergris, vanilla absolute, white musk

I smell nothing similar in them. One of them (Oud) is revolting and unpleasant in all but it's final stages, whereas the other (SfH) is one of the most fantastic scents I've ever encountered. I'm currently trying to work up the courage to buy StH in some quantity, but it's sooooooooo much money, even for the travel set.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    I smell nothing similar in them. One of them (Oud) is revolting and unpleasant in all but it's final stages, whereas the other (SfH) is one of the most fantastic scents I've ever encountered. I'm currently trying to work up the courage to buy StH in some quantity, but it's sooooooooo much money, even for the travel set.
    Agree

Yeah I really don't see any similarity, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    What he says, almost, I did spend the $$$ to buy the travel set of Straight to Heaven.
    Evenstar

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Not Oud 27 but I was comparing Le Labo Rose 31 and Straight To Heaven yesterday and they both shared a similar stage as the scents progress. Could well be the cedar/patch combo as moltening pointed out..

I guess i'm going crazy... I'll have to start fresh tomorrow and test those 2 ALONE!

You're not going crazy. It is the cedar and patchouli dry down that they share.