Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which L'artisan Parfumeur frags are masculine(esque)?

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    I tried Fou d'Absinthe at The Perfume House and really liked the opening! Soft, powdery, very "green" and comforting.. unfortunately I only tested this on a scent strip (that I left in the store) so I didn't get a chance to see how it wore through the day - but definitely worthy of a sample. Tea for Two is very good, totally great for the upcoming months. Mechant Loup reads like it would be ideal for me, but on my skin it's just so bland and uninteresting

Timbuktu, however, I'm currently browsing for a bottle of.
    Shout out for The Perfume House in Portland Oregon! Go northwest! Great store..

Yeah I love that store.. I've spent SO much money there in the last month.. and I'm on the waiting list for so many others that are due in a couple weeks! No regrets!

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    I'll also give the L'Artisan Aedes de Venustas a try as well.. I don't hear very much about that one.
    I love it. Even though you can only get it through Aedes, it's one of L'Artisan's best.

It's very similar to Amouage Jubilation XXV (also created by Bertrand Duchaufour), but without the sweaty/spicy over-the-top denseness of the Amouage juice (and at about half the price). Basically, Aedes is an incense/resin scent with topnotes of subtle fruit and a splash of coffee (like a shot of Eau du Navigateur mixed in). To my nose it's perfectly unisex, but masculine on a masculine guy. Me and my girlfriend both wear it with gusto.

Dependent

I seem to be agreeing with most people here. Timbuktu and Tea For Two are the two masculines that leap to mind for me. Navegar is somewhat questionable. (It still smells great, however.)