Code of Conduct

Default Ho Hang and Eau De Patou

I went to my favorite little Perfume Shop in NY and found both These Classics, the problem is the store does not have samples of either frag to Spray. So it would be a blind buy, which I don't like to do ( Though AromiErotici Loves Patou and JaimeB loves Ho Hang, and I trust their tastes but I don't know what either one would smell like on me. Can you Guys give me more Info. I am interested

Default Re: Ho Hang and Eau De Patou

Actually there are two version of Eau de Patou: for Men (the cylinder one like Rive Gauche) and for Women (the pyramid-like one).

I only own the Men version. It opens with warm but still refresh citrus top note, then turn into a creamy/woody base. Sillage is fabalous in the first 30m, after that the scent stays close to skin. You may not smell it from a distance, but if you put your wrist close to your nose, it's still citrus/woody heaven.

On the other hand, according to reviews, Ho Hang belongs to diferrent league. I'd suggest you buy both since they are both staples or very good candidate for each of their category, and they are DISCONTINUED!!

Eau de Patou is a lightly floral citrus and I own it. Nice and balanced. A little herby. It is rare and worth checking out....dont miss it!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Ho Hang and Eau De Patou

Balenciaga is making a come back so perhaps we will not loose Ho Hang after all.

I don't think Ho Hang is discontinued. If it is, it's still easy to find online, and it's still sold on the shelves in France.

I never smelled the Patou, but I can say Ho Hang is a fougere scent from the 1970s - I don't know if Eau de Patou fits into that category. Ho Hang is very good and I used to wear it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Balenciaga is making a come back so perhaps we will not loose Ho Hang after all.
    What do you mean by Balenciaga is making a comeback? You piqued my interest - if this is true, then I'm praying that they'll bring back Balenciaga Pour Homme.

Good to hear about Balenciaga tesla, I actually just purchased Balenciaga Pour Homme recently. Terrific. OK, I'm convinced. In case it's never to be seen again I'm getting both Ho Hang and Eau de Patou. Oh, and cusut, It's the masculine one

I love Ho Hang and highly recommend it. It's a warm, light oriental. Refined, discrete, long-lasting and in my opinion, perfectly balanced...
    Live simply, Love fully.
    http://twitter.com/_flannelman PM me for facebook

You will never have difficulties to sell this cylinder bottle of Eau de Patou.
    It is rare scent, and I did understand it in my searches through e-bay.
    45 bucks for not full bottle - and I consider it`s my lucky find!

I`m not sure with Ho Hang though...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Blog Entries

In the world of vintage scents, Lanvin and Balenciaga are probably the most under-appreciated houses and still go for a pittance compared to others. I'd acquire Eau de Patou first, as chances are Ho Hang would still be available at very reasonable prices later on.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Another vote for Eau de Patou. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you!!
    Evenstar

There was a very concise thread about Eau de Patou recently which seemed to clear up pretty conclusively that actually it was never launched as a Mens Scent. Both the 'smooth cylinder' and the 'rippled pyramid' were marketed to women. Not that it matters.

I was lucky enough to find both at an old shop here and they are beautiful. The older 80s smooth bottle is a little more chypre-ish to me, and the slightly reformulated early 90s rippled bottle is bit more floral, but only in the way that AdP Colonia has a floral quality along with the citrus 'cologne' main aspect.

I don't know Ho Hang but if you can buy Eau de Patou my suggestion would be to just go for it, either incarnation is really a class act. Subtle, quality, understated and great!

I Just Purchased both these Classics, I will never Look back

Actually there are two version of Eau de Patou: for Men (the cylinder one like Rive Gauche) and for Women (the pyramid-like one).

There is no Eau de Patou for Men. Please refer to the following: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...t=eau+de+patou
    Last edited by sniffman; 10th October 2009 at 05:30 PM.
    thread reviver