Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up S o t D Thrusday 08 October 2009

Hello Everybody, all good ? I hope all great with all of you. Have all a very happy day

Rogalal

Creed's BOIS DU PORTUGAL and a detail of Lisbon, Portugal

Bois du Portugal is a very nice blend of Sandalwood, Lavender, Vetiver and Cedar
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 8th October 2009 at 07:39 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Default Re: S o t D Thrusday 08 October 2009

It's my birthday!!!!!!!

For the record, I prefer cupcakes to regular cakes and I'm a sucker for anything with cream cheese frosting

And I have no idea what I'll be wearing yet, but it'll probably be something "challenging", because my boss took the day off work...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Happy Birthday Rogalal! Help yourself to a virtual cupcake or two.

I am wearing Aomassi today.

SL Serge Noire for me today. Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Happy Birthday Rogalal! Hope your day is filled with yummy cupcakes

I wore Estee Lauder Pleasure's Delight for the second day in a row, I really love it! The weather turned cold all of a sudden so I felt like something warm and comforting.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Happy Birthday Rogalal
    A sunny day in Infusion d'Iris
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Cold and possibly rainy today. Snowy tomorrow. I would not know it was about time to dig out my winter scents otherwise. How about Mauboussin de Mauboussin? (For many years for the first snow I have been wearing Hermes Caleche perfume but I do not have any and somehow I do not even crave it.)

Enjoy your day, birthday folks!

Cream cheese cake served! Happy birthday Rogalal

For a beautifully bright fall day: GRIS CLAIR..
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Rochas Lui. Happy Birthday Rogalal!

Top notes: Calabrian citron, neroli
    Middle notes: buffalo grass, sycamore wood, cedar
    Base notes: patchouli, amber plant, vanilla pulp

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Une Rose by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

GLORIOUS BIRTHDAY GREETINGS, ROGALAL!

Have a beautiful day!

Feeling wistful today in Patou's 1000. Why have they taken this from me? It's a crying shame to discontinue this!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Have a lovely day, and may all your cupcakes be bright, Rogalal.
    I think I missed our Hawaiian Princess' birthday yesterday. Pants! But look - I changed my avatar in your honour. Today I am wearing... hang on a minute while I decide and spritz... Creed's Virgin Island Water. It has that tropical thing going on without the sweet sticky tuttifrutti thing that bugs me. I like the clarity of it.

Have a grand Thursday all.
    xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Good morning everybody and a huge birthday hug to Rogalal!!Hope the day will be one to remember Up in Tromsø it seems winther is still very persistent to stay....more snow came last night.It's now a layer of snow on the ground My sotd has been neglected for a while,but Gaultier2 felt just right today.

Happy Birthday, Rogalal!

Bandit extrait, today.

No signs of winter here.

Happy Birthday to Rogalal! I can't wait to see what you choose to wear when you call it "challenging"

I needed a little Neil Morris pick-me-up for this Thursday

Neil Morris City Rain

No secret to anyone paying attention that I am a Neil Morris fan. I find all of his scents to be interesting and the 2009 release City Rain is no different in that regard. Mr. Morris likes to recreate an olfactory place with each of his scents and in City Rain his inspiration is the smell of the urban milieu after a hard rain. While City Rain gets that mostly right the only way this happens in my city is if I'm standing near a garden when this rain storm happens because there is a strong floral aspect in the heart of City Rain. The top of City Rain is a mix of green tea and ozonic notes, this gives the feeling of the smell you get just prior to the thunderstorm. The almost but not quite metallic tinge to the air. In the heart of City Rain the storm has passed on by and here is where the floral character of heliotrope and honeysuckle stand out. There is a wet quality to these floral notes which is appropriate. It is in the base where you get the real feel of the aftermath of an urban rain. Here is where I get that wet pavement smell which is both mineral-like and clean at the same time. The mix of the floral heart and the concrete accord persist for a long time before having a little musk warm things up as the sun comes out in this metaphorical rain storm. City Rain like all of Mr. Morris' scents has outstanding longevity and sillage. In most of Mr. Morris' fragrances I recognize the place he's taking me to and in City Rain I recognize many of the scents of the city after a late afternoon rain.

Have a Thankful Thursday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Happy Birthday Rogalal

Un Jardin sur le Nil for me today.

Happiest Birthday, Rogalal !
    So- do you want cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, hmmm ?

Oh, my dears.
    I went to Critter Heaven yesterday.

A young Devon cow lay her ENTIRE head in my arms...so warm, so dear, so heavy and precious.
    An old skunk named Penelope and I fell in love- I need help downloading photos of us snogging.
    [Literally- and UN-'photo-shopped', LOL !]
    I chatted up every chicken and pleasured the sheep , goats, and donkeys with LOTS of massage.
    SIGH.
    Observed the beehives' activity with due reverence.

This sort of activity feels like worship.
    It heals all wounds and makes me feel at one.
    [For this activity, I wore AL Kama- very animalic]

Not sure what is needed for today; having tested Anya's latest creations, I will probably wear Moon Dance later-[ it is amazing !]
    But it's not what goes well in a doctor's office ;-)
    Musn't scare any timid folk.....

Be well, honeys.

Brielle- keep up your labors of love !
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 8th October 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Rogalal! Enjoy your special day.

Looks like cream cheese frosting to me - whaddya think?
    Sotd is Burberry Brit
    Notes: Italian lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almonds, amber, mahogany, vanilla, tonka

Very, very pretty. The almond and vanilla are lovely and soft and set against citrus and a gentle floral note. These linger well into the warm sweet drydown resulting in a more versatile scent, not as foody. I'll enjoy wearing this to the office today, although I can see wearing it to a party or the movies as well.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to Rogalal

Trusardi Uomo today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Happiest Birthday wishes to Rogalal! Coincidentally, my daughter (who btw will turn 21 on 10/15) just became one of the 'top 3' finalist in a cupcake contest (at Purdue/Calumet) with an entry of APPLE CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!! Quite certainly, you would eat yourself silly on them She'll be baking them again - for the final judging - in a few weeks. After the big contest, I'll send her recipe so you can enjoy them in 3D!

Chaya, your critter day sounds utopian!

My SOTD? ~ Iris Nobile!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 8th October 2009 at 11:57 AM.

Inspired by Roberto's scent choice yesterday - went with

Bandit EdP

Sorta kinda scent twins with *dora*

------------------------------

Spike, my perfumista kitty, was giving me his morning lecture when I sprayed this on.

Oddly, not a fan.

He looked at me as if I did something evil and sat outside the bedroom door until I was done with my morning rituals.

I think he's more into florals....

----------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW - that's Spike kitty in the avatar.
    He's not very good at sitting still long enough for a picture....unless he is sleeping....
    Last edited by sakecat22; 8th October 2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: New avatar
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Happy Birthday, Rogalal!

SOTD is Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre. I mostly got bergamot and geranium with a touch of something minty peppery to begin with, then the anise became quite prominent. I'm generally not a huge fan of anise but it's not unpleasant here. I think this one would be wonderful on a man in that freshly scrubbed way (think it's the mint). I like it, much more than I normally like AG offerings in fact, but I'm not sure if I love which is a shame because the whimsical purple bottle is a dream.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, Rogalal!
    Cupcakes...mmmmmm. Ubu, your daughters' sound fantastic! Good luck to her.
    I had amazing cupcakes in Jacksonville, Florida at a bakery next to the Mellow Mushroom pizza place. It was called Cami Cakes and they were, without a doubt, THE BEST cupcakes I've ever eaten.

My SOTD is Bond No 9 Success is a Job in New York
    The top notes are: coriander, cardamon, mandarin & bergamot. Then the heart notes are: jasmine, tuberose, plum and pimento. Finally the basenotes are vanilla, patchouli and amber.

I loved it so much, I bought a bottle.
    Last edited by RHM; 8th October 2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typos

Wearing the magical & forrest-y Creed Cypres Musc, mmmmm

Happy Birthday Rogalal!

Last edited by Jane Daly; 8th October 2009 at 01:03 PM.

Happy Birthday Rogalal!
    Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais

A very happy birthday to you, Rogalal!

I am wearing OJ Ta'if today. Needed something subtle for an important meeting this morning.

Happy Birthday to rogalal! Hope you have a special day today

Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your day...

SotD is FdB... I just love it...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROGALAL!!!

Today I am wearing a masterpiece, thanks to a sample from the glorious MikePerez: Diorissimo parfum.

Wow. Lily of the valley is probably the only white flower note I out-and-out love, and Mr. Roudanitsa has done a phenomenal job of it here.

Diorissimo notes: Top notes of bergamot and calyx; middle notes of lily of the valley, jasmine, ylang ylang and lilac; basenote of sandalwood.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Happy Birthday Rogalal

It is cool & rainy this morning, and I have a ton of stuff to do and zero desire to do any of it. I went looking for something to get me moving, and chose Missoni. Now let's see if it helps
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Basenotes Institution

Happy birthday Rogalal ! Have a wonderful year of sniffing and happiness ! I found a Chanel No.5 birthday cake for you . I am really enjoying your posts on the Today I sampled thread .

This morning its Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d'Orange - thank you lovely Primrose !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

We gotcha covered, R -- carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Have a good birthday-day all day long.

Chaya, bless your animal-loving heart.
    Congrats to the junior Ubu. May she win every bake-off.
    Anthracite, thanks for feeding info about the Pourpre.
    Bel Respiro is a nice change o' pace for today. (DH went loopy over my Sel de Vetiver yesterday--yay!)

Now, please join hands and help me send out an e-curse (I'm thinking incurable jock itch) to whoever stole the washer and dryer we had for sale in our driveway.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy birthday, Rogalal!

It's been a while since I told you all what I'm wearing. SOTD is Narciso Roriguez for Her EDT.

Wow, Quarry, that must have taken some guts--it's not like somebody can casually walk by and put a washer and dryer in their pocket! Shame on them, and e-curse is brewing...

SotD...I decided on Etro Etra layered with Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise. Pretty good so far.

Happy Birthday Rogalal!

I'm wearing Bois d'Armenie again.

No SotD for me again, sadly.....

But, drumrollllllll, happy happy happy birthday to a wonderful person and chef-extraordinaire, le bonhomme, Monsieur Rogalal!!!

Last edited by lovethescents; 8th October 2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Happy Birthday, Rogalal! I'm a sucker for a good cream cheese frosting, myself.

Tabu for me today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGALAL!

SotD Acqua di Parma layered w L'Occitane Eau de Recolte Bleue

Quarry, that was a big haul, if you live in a neighborhood someone may have noticed something. Vibing them to come forward!

Must de Cartier (women's version)

Basenotes Institution

Or Black by Pascal Morabito (from a sample - thanks pelle & AromiErotici)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm going for my walk wearing Demeter's lovely Lilac, available now at CVS.

I'm layercake in Tam Dao, Sensuous AND Spezie di Medici. Don't ask.

Rogalal, have a cupcake! Congrats.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Iris Noir

E-curse on the way to the dastardly evil-doers. (((Quarry))) Sometimes people truly suck.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Happy Birthday, rogalal!!!

Quarry -- that just stinks! Go, e-curse, go!

SOTD is Jolie Madame. Take care, all.

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, ROGALAL!

Today I'm in Mona di Orio's Chamarre.
    Last edited by kumquat; 8th October 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Relique today

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

Happy Birthday, Rogalal, from a fellow October baby!

My SotD is Neil Morris Hologram, a favorite of mine.

WISHING YOU A CIVET-FREE BIRTHDAY!

MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO MY PARTNER IN GRIME (AKA DISTURBING ANIMALIC NOTES)

This is one festive drink to avoid - the notorious "cat poo coffee"....

Wearing JM Vanilla & Anise and SSS Opal today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Happy Birthday Rogalal!!

Chanel no. 19 edt once again. It has served me well for thirty years, why not one more day?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon it's Jicky EDP - I love the EDP a lot but it's one I dare not wear to the gym ,just in case they think it's BO ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday, rogalal! Are you sharing any of those cupcakes???

And a Happy belated Birthday to Haunani! Sorry I missed it yesterday.

Ohhh, Chaya! Your yesterday sounds like my idea of heaven. If I'd been in your place with that young cow, I prob'ly would've sobbed in the beauty of that moment. omg.

Quarry, my ecurse: a skunk has found its way into the dryer. At first running of the dryer, the startled skunk (completely unharmed, of course) sprays and forever scents those clothes. (Skunk escapes, unharmed, of course).
    What? It could happen.

I'm wearing Borneo 1834 today.

Roberto, fabulous pic as usual! Wow! Lisbon looks beautiful. I’d love to visit someday.

Happy Birthday, Rogalal!

My SotD was Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist, for substitute teaching English to high schoolers today.

Have a great evening!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Penhaligon's Endymion this unusually warm for early autumn South Florida evening.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Happy Birthday Rogalal.

Chaya, i wish i had been with you at the fair, i love animals. You were not too far away from the new home if you were in Topsfield; only 45 min to my house. You could have seen the work in progress.

Ubu congrats to your daughter, if you could send the recipe on this way also, i would be grateful.

Today hubby and i took a break from the house, we have been working for 4 days morning till night and needed a little rest. To go along with the whole rest and relax thing, i decided to wear Molinard Iles d'Or, to transport me to far off locales for a while.

Be well all, love and hugs
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Happy birthday wishes to Rogalal - and last but not least -

SOTD: Chanel No. 19 in parfum
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 8th October 2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: I have calmed down :)

Happy Birthday Rogalal !!! Brielle glad to see you are taking a break. This morning was Coco Mademoiselle and this afternoon was Jovoy Oriental which oddly reminded me of Chance. Hugs!
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

The banana-licious....

..which netted TWO raves!! (And I like it too!)
    HAPPY B-DAY TO ROGALAL!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed the Bel Respiro more thoroughly than ever today. Post-shower, I'm on to Jicky edt, which feels like I'm traveling along on the same vibe as BR's drydown. Interesting.
    Thank you for the mojo, wicca-for-a-day coven members Asha, beachroses, Leesee, turquoisewater, laral28, and especially Outlandish for invoking this gem:
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.