Code of Conduct

Default A few days of samples, give me some input! Amouage Homage, Wazamba, Helley...

I've tried a succession of seriously awesome perfumes over the past couple of days and currently feel the kind of pre-purchase sampling guilt from knowing that given a few days I'll have definitely ordered too many! Haha, let me know what you all think.

Amouage Homage
    I haven't had such high expectations met in some time. A beautiful, opulent blend that smells like the sum of its $350 pricetag. At first I got a soft, fresh citrus with sweet, full bodied red rose and the kind of sweetness I associate with jasmine. This all hovers above a shimmering silver frankincense like none other. Some incense is thick and sticky, this is rather a purifying wisp, reminding me of when I was in Japan and saw people on their way to a temple taking cupped hands of incense smoke out of a shrine and covering their bodies with it. I knew it was going to be good, but this good? Wow, love it.

Heeley Iris de Nuit
    At first Iris de Nuit had a very off putting medicinal sharpness similar to Bois d'iris(not sure what this is, ambrette seed I read, can anyone help me out?), but after a few minutes it softened into something cool and smooth, less rooty and damp than Iris Silver Mist, less sweet and buttery than 28 La Pausa, something lovely and calm, with a clean, dry feeling that wasn't particularly soapy. A loved its simplicity and its quiet confidence.

Nasomatto Black Afgano
    I love love China White and the two seem to have the same base: a very warm, burnt sugar and amber. Instead of China White's powdery florals Black Afgano has a very thick, tarry and at times salty woods, at times I get a bit of tobacco, a bit of patchouli, a bit of play-doh, and I get a bunch of oud. This seems to smell nicer in the air than on the skin, where the incense part seems to get a bit dominated by everything else. It has been a very cold start to spring here in Sydney, and Black Afgano has soothed the cold very nicely.

Parfum d'Empire Wazamba
    I was not expecting to enjoy Wazamba's apple and incense combo, but whoever made this is a bit of a master, because it's awesome. A dry Comme des Garcons Zagorsk incense and pine is the backdrop for a strangely sweet and appealing fruit (there's apple but I'm sure there's more fruit). A candied, sticky but tart sweetness gives it such a cozy vibe. It's not a warm incense like I'd normally think of a warm incense. I wear L'air du desert marocain for its sweet sweet amber and Andy Warhol Silver Factory for its spice-infused sweet jasmine/iris doubleteam. Wazamba has none of these. But this creamy baked apple and christmas woodfire is amazing. In a strange kind of way it reminds me of what I wanted Sienne d'Hiver to be like.

Default Re: A few days of samples, give me some input! Amouage Homage, Wazamba, Helley...

That's a delicious set of juice right there. I love Black Afgano too

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Default Re: A few days of samples, give me some input! Amouage Homage, Wazamba, Helley...

Okay, this was the final push, Il order a sample of black afgano

excellent reviews!! i need to sample Homage, Wazamba (highly recommended by buzzlepuff too) and Black Afgano

Thanks!!

I have not tried Iris de Nuit, but I love the other three.
    Evenstar