Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Kenzo Power Cologne

Just found this on Osmoz:

Kenzo revisits their floral-woody-spicy men’s scent Kenzo Power as an eau de cologne with ‘direct freshness’. The “saké” bottle drops its metallic garb in favor of transparent glass.

Described as a citrus-woody scent, the fragrance blends bergamot, lemon verbena, woody notes and tolu balm. Designed by: Olivier Polge, IFF.

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Lemon Verbena

Heart Notes
    Cedar, Vetiver

Base Notes
    Tolu Balm
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Kenzo Power Cologne

Yes, I saw that on Ozmoz as well. Looks interesting and interesting are also the notes. Polge designed it so might be worth a try. Are you getting a bottle?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Kenzo Power Cologne

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Yes, I saw that on Ozmoz as well. Looks interesting and interesting are also the notes. Polge designed it so might be worth a try. Are you getting a bottle?
    I don't know about getting a bottle but I will definitely give it a try. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Power - I love the effervesence of it but find it quite fleeting on my skin
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I'm 3hrs in on wearing Power from a bottle I picked up today....man, it's great! Reminds me (I'll have to double check\do a test) of Dia for Men, but less complex of course. Power is actually a tad strong for where I want it, maybe the cologne will be just the ticket!

Less complex i agree, this version is more versatile to wear it in any moments... maybe is a election for an everyday without compromises... the floral angle is weaker and the citrus-ambar line is stronger... nice.. but i prefere the new LEau kenzo indigo..

Quote Originally Posted by cedarnotes View Post
    I'm 3hrs in on wearing Power from a bottle I picked up today....man, it's great! Reminds me (I'll have to double check\do a test) of Dia for Men, but less complex of course. Power is actually a tad strong for where I want it, maybe the cologne will be just the ticket!
    Dia for Man!? You have my attention. I've only card sampled Power, but might have to do a skin test next time I get a chance, Dia is one of my favorites.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Dia for Man!? You have my attention. I've only card sampled Power, but might have to do a skin test next time I get a chance, Dia is one of my favorites.
    I hope I'm close. I'll do an a\b test tomorrow and see if my memory is intact but Power struck me as having something similiar in the soft floral notes. Back with you later!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Sorry bud, but they're pretty dissimilar to my nose. Power is a citrusy and powdery iris with an aquatic base while Dia is more fruity incense. Not similar at all
    Sales thread here

Does anyone know if any department stores have this in yet?

Just heard about this too! I'm a fan of the original and this one sounds good as well. Not too pricey and that bottle is gorgeous!
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 14th November 2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Too many toos

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Does anyone know if any department stores have this in yet?
    My friend, if I say that Douglas carries it then I say the truth, but you won't be really happy with it...

I have it on my arm now, and for the time being I dont't find real similarities with Dia. The initial burst seems about of the same strength as that of Kenzo Power. But now, after about 90 minutes of application during the drying it turns to be a more muted down version of the original, edges rounded down. To be continued.

What I spoke of about Dia and Power having similiarites are, to me, about the behaviour of the scent, the softness and puffyness of the florals. Some off the floral itself smells alike, to me. I think I'm 50% ok on this, but, I must retract the proposition entirely becuase it reeeeeallly is a stretch anyway. The two probably don't belong in the same sentence.

I have Power Colgone here now, a bottle, and agree with Sandy there. Also the stuff won't go away! I love Power so will wear Cologne several more times, but for now it kinda annoys me in that it's ok\good but I can't get the stuff off! I'm smelling my outer forearm from 2 days\4 showers ago and it's still there. No other scent I have is as persistent. Next week I'm going to wear Cologne left and Power right to see for sure (in this Fall weather).

i love the original " power" but theres some at the end that to me is very femenine, but still one of my favorites.. to the "cologne" version, i find that the flower angle is oriented to more "dusty-ambar" vibe.. finally the new version is more versatile for anytime in weather and moment...