Code of Conduct
    Hillaire

Default VINTAGE HERMES QUERY: Did Hermes make massive 16 oz bottles in the 80s?

The reason I ask is that there is a favorite-of-mine, vintage Hermes up for auction right now, and it's ostensibly 16 full oz, a pour, of edt.

I have inquired, and the seller assures me it is both authentic and full of perfume; that is, it is NOT a factice bottle.

The box looks traditional, and correct, and espouses the contents, etc...

And for what it is -- assuming this is real -- it's going to be a blow-out bargain...

But before I bid, has anyone here seen one of these? I recall lots of massive pours of edc, but I think the biggest was 12oz.

This just seems surreal.

Thanks!

Default Re: VINTAGE HERMES QUERY: Did Hermes make massive 16 oz bottles in the 80s?

Was the seller Magie508? Because if it is, if you look further down in the auction it's listed as a .16 oz Mini.

Hillaire

Default Re: VINTAGE HERMES QUERY: Did Hermes make massive 16 oz bottles in the 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00 View Post
    Was the seller Magie508? Because if it is, if you look further down in the auction it's listed as a .16 oz Mini.
    nope. not that one. It's Amazone; I am loathe to reveal its identity, lest anyone get it who isn't me, but have a look!

Blog Entries

The picture looks more like a 1.6oz
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    The picture looks more like a 1.6oz
    I wrote to him, though and specifically asked if it was a 1.6... to which he replied that it was in fact 16 oz...

If that is the case, I'd say the starting price is exorbitant!

hmmm

Well, Amazon has a link to out-of-stock 16 oz 24 Faubourg so maybe it's legit..

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00 View Post
    Well, Amazon has a link to out-of-stock 16 oz 24 Faubourg so maybe it's legit..
    That sounds promising, actually. Thanks!!

Thats a lot of juice man!!!

Houses definitely made such bottles as promotional items. If you don't want all that juice just let me know ;-)

I know they made 750ml of Eau De Cologne Hermes (the father of eau d'orange certe)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I know they made 750ml of Eau De Cologne Hermes (the father of eau d'orange certe)

I've never even heard of Eau de Cologne - thanks for posting that Dullah.