Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier

Guerlain has released a new bottle in a limited edition (one more) of Habit Rouge named "Beau Cavalier"
    after the success of Habit de Metal that was designed for the EdT, Beau Cavalier is a new silver metallic bottle for the EdP, decorated with printed horseshoes and double g

was it necessary ? surely not
    was the EdP modified at the same occasion? I tried it just once but it seems that it has been slightly modified but maybe I'm wrong

has anyone else tested it ?

Default Re: Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier

I haven't sniffed Beau Cavalier yet, sounds like another misguided attempt by Guerlain to increase the price of something that already exists.
    That said, am I the only one eagerly waiting for the release of Habit Rouge Original Formula?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    That said, am I the only one eagerly waiting for the release of Habit Rouge Original Formula?
    Certainly not. Habit Rouge Extra Vieux.

I bought a bottle of Beau Cavalier last week at WDW Epcot. Whether the new release was necessary was irrelevant to me since it was the only EdP they had, and the SA said that he believed it was the same juice packaged in a new bottle. Whatever it is, I like it.
    Wouldn't mind trying some HR Original Formula, though.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Certainly not. Habit Rouge Extra Vieux.
    Yes, the Vieux-er, the better!

Basenotes Institution

Someone post a picture of the bottle, I wanna see it.

Here it is, along with a photo of the Epcot Guerlain shop and SA Christopher.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Basenotes Institution

Ooh, it looks like a Transformer, all done up in battle armor. Cute. Thanks J!

Not sure if I find that bottle design very elegant... According to the SA in Paris, it's the normal EdP redressed in this bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Not sure if I find that bottle design very elegant... According to the SA in Paris, it's the normal EdP redressed in this bottle.
    But that won't stop you from buying it, eh?

This time, I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    LOL! I'm very impressed by your level of restraint on this occasion.

Guerlain has milked Habit Rouge so much that its nipples are bleeding...
    Last edited by Trebor; 11th October 2009 at 09:10 PM.

Guerlain has milked Habit Rouge so much that it's nipples are bleeding...
    Ouch...

Guerlain has milked Habit Rouge so much that it's nipples are bleeding...
    LOL
    Now, THAT is a quotable quote if I ever read one! May I use it?

I love HR but my head is spinning with all these different versions
    Last edited by Trufflehunter; 11th October 2009 at 09:00 PM.

Haha! Yeah, Jean-Paul Guerlain did a fine job for the house back in 1965... almost as good as his grandfather's with Shalimar. Actually, most of the milking is just still new presentations, so no real need to buy them if you're not a collector...

yes it's certainly just a new packaging for those who collect everything

it was 81 euros , not really more expensive that the normal bottle which I prefer from far

I saw the bottle in France the other day. I thought it looked cheap and ugly...

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the bottle either. As I said before, it was in the right place at the right time, and I was interested in the juice more than the packaging.
    Seems like bottle design would be relatively hard to screw up, don't you think?
    Last edited by Snafoo; 8th March 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    I saw the bottle in France the other day. I thought it looked cheap and ugly...
    Agreed. Put wheels on it and it will look like the transformers Hot-Wheels....

Quote Originally Posted by germanomio View Post
    Guerlain has released a new bottle in a limited edition (one more) of Habit Rouge named "Beau Cavalier"
    after the success of Habit de Metal that was designed for the EdT, Beau Cavalier is a new silver metallic bottle for the EdP, decorated with printed horseshoes and double g

was the EdP modified at the same occasion? I tried it just once but it seems that it has been slightly modified but maybe I'm wrong

After trying this a Nieman, I have come to the conclusion that this is the same juice as the EdP that was released a few years ago. I may be in the minority, but this could be the finest masculine that Guerlain has ever released. The EdP has been unavailable in the US for years and for it to be available at Niemans now $112 for 100ml is of great importance. Anybody even remotely interested in Oud will discover a treasure. I will be purchasing this shortly.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier

manicboy: Beau Cavalier is, I understand, the same as the EDP formulation which, in my opinion is the best men's fragrance Guerlain has ever produced. I have tested this fragrance and find it nothing short of amazing. The impovents are in the cinnamon and Oud. No matter the cost this fragrance is worth the money IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    After trying this a Nieman, I have come to the conclusion that this is the same juice as the EdP that was released a few years ago. I may be in the minority, but this could be the finest masculine that Guerlain has ever released. The EdP has been unavailable in the US for years and for it to be available at Niemans now $112 for 100ml is of great importance. Anybody even remotely interested in Oud will discover a treasure. I will be purchasing this shortly.

Not experienced enough to label it the best they've ever produced, but it's a damn fine one.
    Good enuff to purchase anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by germanomio View Post

These are not horseshoes but the front views of stirrups...still an equestrian theme.

BTW, I agree that the EDP is the best version of Habit Rouge. You can still find bottles, but the limited edition bottle is getting rarer to find.
    Last edited by Primrose; 19th March 2010 at 06:13 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Liar, liar! Your pants are on fire! La, la, la, la, la...

Blog Entries

I purchased two bottles of Beau Cavlaier becuase the EDP, IMO, has more depth. The bottle looks ugly in the pictures, but is not that bad in person. Light from the rear of the bottle illumiates the stirrups on the front. The EDP is pricier, but, IMO, worth it.

It's one of the few in wardrobe that I "backed up" with a second bottle since it's a limited edition (and it's great).

Guerlain has a tradition of making special bottles for fragrances normally in the perfume strengths. I like the new packaging and identity - it shows self respect for the Habit Rouge edp by giving it a special limited ed. bottle and editon name. It says "we think this juice is worth the extra trouble to get you to notice it." The bottle is more interesting than it appears in photos, when seen up close the designs are actually tiny cutouts in the silvering on the glass surface that allows the light to glint through from the the other side. A very clever bottle redesign imo. Their new program got me to purchase a bottle only to realize how much I had undersestimated the stately and old Habit Rouge.