Code of Conduct

Angry Good-bye FENDI Parfums

I read recently Fendi has ceased production of it's fragrances division. Does anyone know why they would chose to get out of the perfume business? The Basenote's Directory now has all 12 fragrances as discontinued. Very sad. I plan to wear Uomo tomorrow as my SOTD.

Default Re: Good-bye FENDI Parfums

I will be also wearing Uomo as a tribute... RIP
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I will be wearing Theorema extrait on one arm and Uomo on the other!

Strange news, because just 3 years ago Fendi's perfume division was bought by LVMH...

I second the tribute, consisting of wearing Fendi Uomo, this is what I will do asap.

AromiErotici

Bummer man. I know Uomo has its detractors, but I've always loved it in the wintertime.

I use to enjoy life essence a long time ago.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

It really is a shame , I love all their classic fragrances for women and I even liked Palazzo. Fortunately, I have enough of the original Fendi for women and Theorema to last me until I go off to that great perfume counter in the sky. Now, I must get a bottle of Asja...

When things like this happen, it is very sad.
    Gary

This just makes me sick. :-(
    I love Jasmine.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Good-bye FENDI Parfums

I have been building a cache of Fendi Theorema and Fendi Theorema Esprit d'ete which, I really like. I think more and more we find ourselves snatching up product in quantities we wouldn't normally just to be certain of having our favorite fragrances. It is a sad state of affairs.

I kept my promise, and now, as a tribute, as I said yesterday, I'm wearing Fendi Uomo.

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessionForMen View Post
    I read recently Fendi has ceased production of it's fragrances division. Does anyone know why they would chose to get out of the perfume business? The Basenote's Directory now has all 12 fragrances as discontinued. Very sad. I plan to wear Uomo tomorrow as my SOTD.
    Last I read LVMH felt that Palazzo did not meet profits expectations for LVMH they decided to scrap the male version that was in the works and also decided to exit for now the fragrance industry.

This is bad news.

AromiErotici

sadly, we will now watch ebayers drive the price of the once very affordable Uomo to new heights.

I dont think I will try this one
    unless you guys insist ;p
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Last I read LVMH felt that Palazzo did not meet profits expectations for LVMH they decided to scrap the male version that was in the works and also decided to exit for now the fragrance industry.
    I think LVMH does this to level the playing field for their other, more fragrance dominated "designer" companies, like Dior, Givenchy and Kenzo. Their strategy seems to be all about buying a company and getting rid of its under-performing divisions - trimming the fat, especially companies that crossover with the ones in their existing portfolio.
    Sadly, the Fendi fragrances didn't perform to their expectations, so LVMH gave them the ax - regardless of their merits as fragrances.
    Thank god for the independent, narrowly focused companies like Chanel and Hermes, that honor their heritage fragrances!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 11th October 2009 at 03:22 PM.