Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best sprayers?

Default Best sprayers?

Which house uses the best sprayers on their bottles?

I've sprayed many bottles of perfume and cologne made by many different houses and I've noticed some real differences in the quality of the sprayers. I've noticed that Chanel and Dior have fabulous sprayers that give wonderfully maximal output with each pump. While my wife's bottle of D&G Light Blue femme has the most inept, barely there sprayer. Anyone else notice this?
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Default Re: Best sprayers?

I like the way Creed spay, but not the way they last.

Lancome Sagamore's spritzer kicks ass. And sprays a mist too

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

of what i have, i really enjoy Monsieur Rochas Edc (Vintage 69'), Guerlain Habit Rouge EDC (Vintage 76'), Lancome Sagamore (Vintage), Chanel PM (55') i guess they took special care earlier on how a scent should spray....of the current lot, i dont get that feel..seems they arent interested in it.

Hermes Equipage/Rocabar/Bel-Ami sprayers are very good.

Frederic Malle -- one push of the spray nozzle sends a thick layer of perfume that coats the skin with wonderfully rich fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    i like the way creed spay, but not the way they last.
    lol

My burberrys spray pretty nice
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

The newest generation of Dior sprayer - found in Dior Homme and now on Fahrenheit Absolute, the Poisonsm etc. is excellent. Very sensitive to pressure and a slow pump gives a stream (for decanting).

The worst are either the ones found on the Guerlain refill bottles (my Jicky PdT dumps out nearly 1/2ml per spray and the sprayers on the old Chanel masculines like Egoiste, Antaeus, etc. The Creed ones are pretty bad as well.

I like the sprayers on Chanel AHS and ADP Assoluta.

Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    The newest generation of Dior sprayer - found in Dior Homme and now on Fahrenheit Absolute, the Poisonsm etc. is excellent. Very sensitive to pressure and a slow pump gives a stream (for decanting).
    You're dead on. Dior Homme is an excellent sprayer: control, volume, everything.

Creed sprayers are great too...when they work. Unfortunately this is about every two or three sprays. Other than that, there's a lot of wheezing going on.

Guerlain's are pretty straight forward.

I also enjoy the sprayers (is their a better term?) that don't rotate: M7, Kouros, VC & A.
    You are not your perfume.

I Love encre noir's soft touch spray and L'eau D'Issey Intense's great atomizer and volume per spray.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

My favorite sprays are ones that make decanting easy
    those, for me, are

Knize Ten
    Creed (any bottle)
    Encre Noire
    some splash bottles
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Post Re: Best sprayers?

Diptyque sprayers are top notch.

Although Creed is notorious for having a sprayer like a fire hose, I don't doubt that one bit, but..

OMG, so today my sotd, or morning was Eau Maximum, I am wearing just a t shirt, sprayed some at the neck area, kind of on the shirt too.. wow it felt like a shower. So I sprayed it in the air after, and holy crap, this sprayer is better than Creed's.. but I dunno if I want this much juice coming out at once. This stuff is intense. Regardless.. it was enough to make me have to look for this thread and post, crazy, probably like at least 1ml sprayed out of the thing with 1 squirt!
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

The YSL L'Homme series has perfect sprayers.

I can see why Aqua di Gio is No. 1. The force of that sprayer can coat and knockdown the side of a house!!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

I think the Creed sprayers are outstanding.

My creeds, diors, hdps, are all fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    I think the Creed sprayers are outstanding.
    As do I. Dior's sprayers are quite good as well.

Sevigne and Herve Gambs sprayers I have found to be excellent.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    The YSL L'Homme series has perfect sprayers.
    I second this. I just got my first bottle of Creed and it sprays great as well! A little bit more of a firm trigger but boy does the perfume spread wonderfully!

I never paid attention to my sprayers' quality (they spray = awesome) but I recall Tauer's ones fell off like a dozen of times thanks to that weird wooden.rubbery supertight cap he uses, which sometimes just grabs the sprayers like a constrictor
    Last edited by Colin Maillard; 7th April 2014 at 11:57 PM.
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | YSL M7 AS, Ungaro II EDT, Gucci Envy for Men AS, Signoricci EDT, Capucci PH EDT, Montana PH EDT...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Creed (all)
    Chanel (all)
    Joop Pour Homme
    AdG
    Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Another vote for Creed, and Dior. Excellent.

And I know it wasn't asked but on the flip side, I really don't like the Amen+flankers or the Givenchy Play line...

IMO the sprayers on the entire Dior Homme line are top notch.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Not that much important for me unless it does malfunction (creed). I think it's the only house I had trouble with sprayers, even much less expensive designer frags don't have issue, so it's weird.. and unacceptable in a way when you pay creed's price. Very unhappy with this, been a while since I bought from them, so I hope they fixed the problem somehow.. They're nice when it works as someone said, but the "when it works" factor shoudn't be lol

On the other hand, when I think of it, I like Mona di Orio's with the cap as well, Chanel exclusive's comes to mind, Dior collection privé (similar I think), Frédéric Malle's are pretty effective..and I'm sure many more.

Off topic
    Some that I don't like, more related to the cap on top, are :

Guerlain l'art et la matière, I don't care at all about the fancyness of that bulb sprayer, but I'd love a normal cap that just close the bottle firmly, not something just standing on top of it.. don't know what's the real marketing strategy here but it's definitely not efficient as it is, since you cannot safely transport.. Again, at guerlain's price, come on... Take the gold off, put it in one montale bottle, add a cap, make it work!! (I'm kidding I actually like the bottle design as it, except cap)

Other one mentioned above is Andy Tauer's, I got one bottle, lost the cap long ago, don't even remember what it looks like.. what remains is two rubber thingy and it's just pretty ugly sitting there lol
    Last edited by à l'improviste; 8th April 2014 at 02:08 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Roja Dove are probably the best I have encountered. In addition, Diptyque, Chanel, and Creed have always been consistently reliable.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th April 2014 at 04:01 PM.

Second the Roja Doves. The spray is incredible. One shot is all you need. The worst I have is from Puredistance. If you don't spray fast enough, you get a stream of parfum instead of a spray.

Dior Homme series sprayers are fantastic.

Also ADG essenza.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Creed sprayers suck ass...Sorry folks...Have to spray 5-6 times to get enough juice on me....Very misty....Not my fave, at all

Malle fragrances are pretty strong like VE...I also like Chanel, Guerlain, Occitane, MFK...
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) Helmut Lang Cuiron (Vintage)
    2.) Tiffany for men (Vintage)
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) New York Intense
    5.) Nicolai Carre d'as
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Houbigant Fougere Royale
    9.) L'Homme Sage
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

Creed and dior

Sent from my Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    The worst are either the ones found on the Guerlain refill bottles (my Jicky PdT dumps out nearly 1/2ml per spray
    What do you mean by "it dumps out nearly half a ML per spray"? Does it spray too much, or is there some problem?

Dior is my favorite along with AdP.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Creed sprayers suck ass...Sorry folks...Have to spray 5-6 times to get enough juice on me....Very misty....Not my fave, at all
    Don't think I've heard anyone say they need MORE sprays from a Creed sprayer... that being said, has anyone else noticed that they start to crap out once you use a decent amount of the juice? My Aventus bottle is getting down to about ~65% and I have to prime the pump every time I use it now. Kinda annoying, and the amount is inconsistent. When it was new, it was perfect. Is there a solution to this or just another quality control problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Don't think I've heard anyone say they need MORE sprays from a Creed sprayer... that being said, has anyone else noticed that they start to crap out once you use a decent amount of the juice? My Aventus bottle is getting down to about ~65% and I have to prime the pump every time I use it now. Kinda annoying, and the amount is inconsistent. When it was new, it was perfect. Is there a solution to this or just another quality control problem?
    My bottle of VIW and Tabarome Millesime did the same thing. The only way I could spray it was to hold it level. I think it has something to do with the ball inside of the sprayer hose getting stuck.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post

Regards,

TC

This. Dior sprayers are the best I have seen yet.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Creed sprayers suck ass...Sorry folks...
    Agree. Some are really nice, but I have one or two that misfire and make a grunting sound every 2nd or 3rd spray. Very annoying.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Agree. Some are really nice, but I have one or two that misfire and make a grunting sound every 2nd or 3rd spray. Very annoying.
    This!!! Just happened this morning when I used GIT.

On Topic: I really like the spray mechanism (lever) of Cerruti Image.

Heeley, very fine mist!!!

Love the control with Dior Homme and Diptyque has a great sprayer for a perfect mist cloud.

Echoing the Dior Homme responses. I also like Encre Noire, TdH , and MFK's very much. I do not like the A*men sprayers with the plastic covering, nor do I like the sprayer on my 1899 Hemingway very much. It shoots a nice mist but there's no projection. It's almost like a mist machine.

diors

Agree Chanel and Dior generally best. Guerlain as variable as the bottle designs - LIDG, good - GH, phut!

In terms of quality I think Heeley. Creeds just spray way too much for me.

Creed sprayers are a bit inconsistent. Some mist on a heavy push. Some squirt on a light tap. And there's a little leakage. But overall, I'd say Creed's sprayers are above average.

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post

Regards,

TC
    Ohh... yea! Forgot about that.

Best ones are from Dior, Chanel and Guerlain. YSL has pretty good sprayers too.
    However the worst I've seen is A*Men line then closely Antonio Puig Quorum line! As my bottles of Aqua Quorum and Quorum do not spray, they stream strongly! Seems they just wanna penetrate my skin!!!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Personally, i prefer the generous volumes from Creed sprayers.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Also Comme des Garçons Incense series has good sprayers!
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | YSL M7 AS, Ungaro II EDT, Gucci Envy for Men AS, Signoricci EDT, Capucci PH EDT, Montana PH EDT...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Basenotes Junkie

Narcisso rodriguez. Best atomizers ever.

rick

Basenotes Member

I don't like Dior's sprayers. If you don't push hard enough it doesn't create a mist but just ejaculates a splash of juice.

Dior, definitely.
    "As perfume doth remain In the folds where it hath lain, So the thought of you, remaining Deeply folded in my brain, Will not leave me: all things leave me: You remain."

-Arthur Symons

Basenotes Plus

Frederic Malle, both big bottles and smaller samples. Also Chanel and YSL. I agree with previous poster re Quorum's thin stream. Also Creed is too much and too misty for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the blast that Kouros gives also Quorums mist is pretty decent to me. Another one that doesn't seemed to be mention here is D&G the one for men I also don't mind Hugo Boss. Nearly all have good projection.

for me Diptyque are reliably good, I don't mind smaller amounts coming out as I'd rather be able to control how much goes on.
    Tam Dao = 1 spray
    Volutes = 3 sprays.

CB I hate perfume put their scents in cheapo generic bottles but these work great, so there really is no excuse for failure.

There are a couple of comments on Hermes here who are usually great quality all around, I would warn if you like any of their Hermessence scents don't bother with the travel sizes, they are so flimsy you always get as much juice on your spraying hand as the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Casts_by_fly View Post
    Narcisso rodriguez. Best atomizers ever.

rick
    I agree!

Creed sprayers are the WORST in my opinion, not the best. They're very wasteful, putting out a ton of juice, with a lot of it lost in the air.

The finer the mist, the more juice never reaches your skin because it evaporates in the air. For Creed, that's good for business because the more juice from a bottle gets wasted, the faster someone will empty the bottle. For the person who owns the bottle, it's waste.

Quote Originally Posted by green_lobsters View Post
    for me Diptyque are reliably good, I don't mind smaller amounts coming out as I'd rather be able to control how much goes on.
    THIS!
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 6th September 2014 at 08:55 PM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

As others have mentioned, Dior has the best sprayers. Period. And not just for the Homme line, but for the Fahrenheit line and others, etc., etc. They are easy to push, can stop on a dime, and provide just the amount that YOU want, rather than what the sprayer wants to give you. Small spritzes, half sprays...all very easy with Dior. Other companies could learn a lot from their sprayers, that's for sure.

Basenotes Member

Dior's have the best control
    Creed's are annoying but the mist thing is nice

My favorite though are the Frederic Malles. Just a nice heafty, perfectly atomized spray.

Amouage sprayers crack me up. My bottle of Interlude Man puts out the least juice of any sprayer I've ever used - and thank god for that! In terms of liquid sprayed, 1 Creed spray is probably equal to ten Amouage sprays. I'm not kidding. I'm glad though, because Interlude Man is so strong. Two sprays from that super-weak sprayer is all I can wear! And I LOVE THE STUFF!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam