Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default La Prairie, 3 new EDPs: Life Threads Gold, Platinum, Silver

I confess it was the word “prairie” that initially caught my interest. Then I was somewhat intrigued by the thread wrapping pattern and innovative suspension of the juice between what looks like two walls of Lucite. (Wonder if it would be as hard to hold and spray as it looks?)

The description ofLife Threads Gold sounds rather nice on this gray autumn day: Sun-warmed plum and tangerine enveloped in lush spices and myrrh, hinting of exotic places exuding a golden warmth and richness.

Platinum: An elegant and edgy chypre floral. Intriguing accords of oak moss and patchouli embrace soft florals and leathery notes.

Silver: An enchanting woody floral. Sultry tuberose and jasmine wrapped in sandalwood, vetiver and solar musk.

New at Nordstrom's.
    Last edited by Quarry; 9th October 2009 at 11:12 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Default Re: La Prairie, 3 new EDPs: Life Threads Gold, Platinum, Silver

I saw these a couple of days ago at Bloomingdales. They're quite cool-looking, but I didn't sniff. Anyone try them yet?
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

These certainly are eye catching. I hope to hear more about them.
    Although they are all released as feminine, Nordstrom (online) is already selling the Platinum in men's fragrances.

I went to Nordstrom's today, and they did not have the testers at my store.

I really like the look of these "wacky" bottles ! ... And I believe that the "threads" wrapping the bottles are in fact actual silver, gold and platinum ! ~ Which is a pretty "cool" idea, I think !

Now, I personally do not like Gold (the metal !) ... I've, unfortunately, always found it to be rather flash, gaudy and kinda tacky ! (For myself anyway ) ... So I always opt for either Silver or Platinum ! ...
    So I was really hoping that I'd prefer either the silver or platinum life thread fragrance, as it's the only bottles I would like for myself, (if I were to purchase one).

Unfortunately, as luck would have it, the only damned one I actually liked enough (for myself to wear) was the darned Gold one ~ Damn ! ... It's a really nice spicy oriental !

Now, I only had a very quick cursory first sampling (and only "on card") ... so I really need to sample them again properly (and "on skin"), before I can post any useful impressions or reviews about them here ~ (Sorry ! ). ... But on very first impression they seem quite solid and pretty good compositions overall. Definitely worth further investigation ! ...
    Though I don't think my initial preference will change with further sampling unfortunately ! ... Damn ! ... I'm really disappointed about that ! ...
    Though to be fair, I suppose the actual style of the fragrance does suit the "gold" the best. They do, at least, actually suit their respective metals pretty well !

Interesting.
    I smelled these in NYC, and agree- they are well done.
    But the one that suited me best was Platinum, oddly enough.

It's a true chypre, and very lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    Interesting.
    I smelled these in NYC, and agree- they are well done.
    But the one that suited me best was Platinum, oddly enough.

It's a true chypre, and very lovely.

Aw, lucky you ... the Platinum is exactly the one I wished to like ! ... And I did, but not for me to wear unfortunately !

Ain't the bottles really quite cool ??? ...They remind me a little of like "60ies Sci-Fi" movie props.
    Like kinda "retro-futuristic", ... ( if ya know what I mean ? ) (LOL)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 27th October 2009 at 09:25 AM.

I got a sample of the Platinum out of a reluctant SA. It is the spitting image of Sonia Rykiel Le Parfum (in the black box, squatish bottle). Dry plumminess up top, bone dry mossy wood down below. But the development is super-quick in Platinum, within half an hour the topnotes are gone, a short leather phase has been and gone and we're in the extremely dry woody base, which sadly has a strange cigarette butt aspect - not nice. I'd say just get the cheaper Rykiel, it really does read as higher quality and is CERTAINLY longer lasting, but very very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    (Wonder if it would be as hard to hold and spray as it looks?)
    Yes.
    They're gorgeous, but not designed with ergonomics in mind. No way I could open & spray them while also holding keys and gloves.

Anyone else have Silver go *really* bad on their skin? I got overripe cheese and/or rot. Not pleasant at all.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Yes.
    They're gorgeous, but not designed with ergonomics in mind. No way I could open & spray them while also holding keys and gloves.

Anyone else have Silver go *really* bad on their skin? I got overripe cheese and/or rot. Not pleasant at all.
    Cheese, eh? The answer to kumquat's question in the SnS-Gourmand thread.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.