Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance pairing!

Hey gang, a little comment on NST sparked my interest in this: which basenoters have partners/boy/girlfriends/wives/husbands/pets that they share perfume and perfume-related excitement with? Do you co-ordinate your fragrances to complement each other when out and about together? If so, give us some unstoppable combos!

Lately I've made a point of wearing the least feminine fragrances when I'm with my girlfriend because I got sick of people complimenting her on her lovely perfume, which makes her roll hers eyes and say "it's his!", to which some respond with warm surprise and others with slight scorn.

A particular combination I enjoy:
    Comme des Garcons 888 (on her) with Bond no. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory (on me): a futuristic incense fusion. Nice when it was cold.

I'm on the lookout for something summery she'd like that would perfectly go with Iris Silver Mist. Lately I've been tempted to do an iris double and ask her to wear 28 La Pausa, but my bottle hasn't yet arrived and it lasts for about 20 minutes when dabbed from my sample. (Those Les Exclusif sprayers are magical). I thought it might pair nicely with Vetiver Extraordinaire, both cool, damp and rooty, but she doesn't like it on herself. Any suggestions?

Onwards with other great perfume pairings!

Default Re: Fragrance pairing!

Well, There was no romantic connection, but if my former roommate and I were going to the same event, function, what have you, we would actually wear the same thing to avoid clashing.

Not a pairing, so maybe not what you wanted to hear.
    Last edited by argogos; 10th October 2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.