Code of Conduct

Default Which online retailers send free samples along with an online purchase?

Hey Basenote users,

I was wondering if there are any ONLINE retailers that send FREE samples along with an ONLINE purchase? Also any INSTORE retailers (if you know any)? From my experience, Perfumania never gave me samples with my instore purchase and I've noticed Macy's does not give them even with a instore purchase anymore. What's up with that? And I'm just talking about small, simple carded samples too... Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Which online retailers send free samples along with an online purchase?

Seems I remember that FragranceNet sent 3 or 4 samples with my purchases.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Which online retailers send free samples along with an online purchase?

Aedes

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    Seems I remember that FragranceNet sent 3 or 4 samples with my purchases.
    Really?

I've placed several orders with them and all I ever get is "Exceptional for Men."

Luckyscent
    Evenstar

I've got endless free samples from B&M stores like Macy's, Saks, Nieman Marcus, and Sephora. Sephora even decants them from big bottles. Not sure about online.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Getting samples in-store is something of an art form. The worst thing you can do is simply go up to a SA and ask for them. Shmooze with the SAs, flirt, sample many things, etc... just make sure they know you are a collector and you buy lots of bottles. I'll generally drop the hint that "I only buy once I've worn a fragrance." The problem is that there are just too many people who get free samples to resell them on eBay and otherwise have no intention of ever coming back to buy a bottle - in which case it's not in the SAs interest to give you a sample, especially if it means running out for the customers that will buy bottles. A friend of mine is a Macy's SA and she said they have far less samples then they used to, but with new releases they'll get a box or two.

Nordstroms in store will always make samples on request, btw.

Online Luckyscent, Aedes, and Beautyhabit give samples with purchase. Sephora does as well but they usually suck.

http://myworld.ebay.com/californiaperfumes/
    sends 3 samples with each purchase. ordered twice already and got the ff.
    Azzaro Visit
    Some Azzaro for women, gave it away
    another women's sample, no idea what, gave to my sister
    Paul Smith Story
    Versace Man (2)
    Escada Silver Light

comes in 1ml vials or 2 ml spray vials.

Seller is legit too, good prices on a lot of their frags.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Hillaire

beauty encounter has a window when you go to your shopping bag, which can be EASILY missed! It reads: Don't miss free samples! Click here! (or something like that) and I have gotten the nicest samples! Helmut Lang, Creed, Caron!

Beauty Encounter looks like a good choice. Thanks hillaire. The ebay site looks really good. nice timothyx. I'm sort of interested in gucci pour homme II and they have it at an unbelievable price but I'm usually weary of ebay products. something always off about them. I don't recognize any of the luckyscent products 8 ( . I have to look into fragrancenet as well. I'm off to try some samples today at the mall. Wish me luck. If guys know of any others sites with free samples let me know!

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php?language=en sends three samples of your choice wihe each purchase of a FB

I've ordered from that ebayer twice without a hitch, their frags are legit.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Sur la Plage

Sephora on-line - if you sign up to be a Beauty Insider.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If you order SL from theperfumeshoppe.com, you get a 5ml SL mini and 5 samples of anything they carry. If you're buying SL, I don't think you can beat it.
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    I've got endless free samples from B&M stores like Macy's, Saks, Nieman Marcus, and Sephora. Sephora even decants them from big bottles. Not sure about online.
    Yep, I've walked out of Macy's, Saks and Sephora with so many samples I could have used a bag.

It really depends on the friendliness of the salesperson, and how friendly you are to them.

Online? I don't know. It's hit and miss. I think Luckyscent is pretty good. I once received about 10 really good samples from a random Ebay purchase. Also, your fellow Basenoters tend to be generous if you buy from the sale board.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 12th October 2009 at 05:37 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Always have gotten free samples from Luckyscent.

Aedes will let you -choose- 7 free samples with any order.

I don`t know if Ormonde Jayne, Divine or Le Jardin Retrouve are online retailers (better described by term online shops of brands) - but all of them adds samples with any purchase from their sites.
    www.ormondejayne.com
    www.lejardinretrouve.com
    www.divine.fr
    usually it makes me want to buy again!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

FYI- I contacted Scentiments.com and they said that IF the shipping department has any available sample they will include it in every package. 8 )

Perfumania online sends about 3 samples per order. My last two orders I got B United by Benetton x2, Cartier roadster, Jessica McClintok, burberry brit, and armani diamonds (for women).

Ddara, but not always.

+1 for Lucky Scent. You can sometimes specify at the time of the checkout.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sephora and Fragrancenet for me. Sephora has an option to choose which samples too.

fragrancenet always sends something you dont want.