Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Scent of Las Vegas

    Wow! I can hardly wait.
    http://www.basenotes.net/industry_ne...las-vegas.html

    Now, what would the scent be comprised of? Tobacco will probably a big part of this scent is my guess.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    And you'll have to take a risk of whether the bottle actually has juice in it or it's just filled with water.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    If it's taking Fremont street into consideration, it will smell like urine and $2 hookers. If not, expect it to smell like $3 dollar hookers-cheap, synthetic, fake. All glitz and absolutely no substance. No character, class, sophistication, etc. It will basically be the equivalent of vinegar with a splash of citrus and fire-pit smoked meat, leather for bondage, and stale cigarettes that comes in a tacky looking Usher Pour Homme bottle with dice on the front and a joker on the back. That's Vegas for you.
    The Bark Bites Back.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Polo original
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    If it's taking Fremont street into consideration, it will smell like urine and $2 hookers. If not, expect it to smell like $3 dollar hookers-cheap, synthetic, fake. All glitz and absolutely no substance. No character, class, sophistication, etc. It will basically be the equivalent of vinegar with a splash of citrus and fire-pit smoked meat, leather for bondage, and stale cigarettes that comes in a tacky looking Usher Pour Homme bottle with dice on the front and a joker on the back. That's Vegas for you.
    I guess you don't like Vegas very much for whatever reason. I always had a good time while there. I couldn't tell ya what a 2 dollars hooker smell like. Never had one and never will. Freemont? Well, I was down there once and also had a good time. It is, after all, downtown and there is the worst part and best part of downtown in any city. Ask Richard Pryor, oh wait, he's dead, or Bill Cosby about Uptown Saturday Night. Anyway, to me, Las Vegas is all about good dining, great parties, good shows, gambling (if you can afford it), great looking babes (and guys for some of you ) and good smelling, be it great cognac, bourbon, money or whatnots. A glamorous city! So, sure, I would like to remember Vegas in another way and great scent isn't such a bad idea at all.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Vegas was singularly scentless when I visited. Sights and sounds, yes, but smell? Air-conditioned air.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Someone should just make a Perfume that smells like the inside of The Venetian Resort Mmmm it smells sooo good.
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 11th October 2009 at 09:14 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    I'm guessing it would smell like tobacco, money, sex, liquor, and prostitutes..... so basically it would smell like Charlie Sheen
    Last edited by Maz24; 11th October 2009 at 10:48 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I'm guessing it would smell like tobacco, money, sex, liquor, and prostitutes..... so basically it would smell like Charlie Sheen
    That would work

  10. #10

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    If it's taking Fremont street into consideration, it will smell like urine and $2 hookers. If not, expect it to smell like $3 dollar hookers-cheap, synthetic, fake. All glitz and absolutely no substance. No character, class, sophistication, etc. It will basically be the equivalent of vinegar with a splash of citrus and fire-pit smoked meat, leather for bondage, and stale cigarettes that comes in a tacky looking Usher Pour Homme bottle with dice on the front and a joker on the back. That's Vegas for you.
    The man oughta know.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Vegas is a great time. Three days is enough, but they're a fun three days. And I love the uniform the cocktail waitresses at Caesar's Palace wear

  12. #12

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    If it's taking Fremont street into consideration, it will smell like urine and $2 hookers. If not, expect it to smell like $3 dollar hookers-cheap, synthetic, fake. All glitz and absolutely no substance. No character, class, sophistication, etc. It will basically be the equivalent of vinegar with a splash of citrus and fire-pit smoked meat, leather for bondage, and stale cigarettes that comes in a tacky looking Usher Pour Homme bottle with dice on the front and a joker on the back. That's Vegas for you.
    Couldnt agree more. Perception changes when you live here...lol.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    I *like* the smell of tobacco--like unlit cigarettes or cigars. In a room with too many smokers, however--like a casino floor, to me, is off-putting. JMHO...

    Hubby is there on business, so I know he will play at hazards and pontoon...oh, sorry...wrong century...craps and blackjack... By the way, if one *does* lose one's shirt, at least it's a great way to show off one's strapping, sporting physique, n'est ce pas?

    OTOH, there are the great boutiques in the larger hotels.

    The Guerlain boutique at the Bellagio, I understand, will take orders via phone and ship (I don't know the limitations of int'l shipping...)

    All told, Vegas is what you make of it. People have varying impressions depending on what they have seen and have chosen to do.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Yes, visiting and living here are totally different things. Anybody who reads Men's Health on a regular basis will note that the monthly reports they give on a variety of topics regarding top 100 cities always has Las Vegas near the bottom. Highest suicide rate? Check. Infidelity? Check. Border-line Education? Check. Bankruptcies? Check. Crappy Quality of life? Check. Las Vegas was just rated the 98th dumbest metropolitan city out of 100. Unemployment rate? It's 13.2%, however, the news will tell you it's more like 20%. I won't even touch the housing market. The idea of Job Creation is opening 4 Khols stores and having a second tower at Hard Rock create 500 new jobs... If you're into being a room attendant. Let us not forget the Mayor's big agenda is to open a museum hi-lighting the city's mafia and mob connections (not to mention he was a lawyer for them).

    Imagine if the city you live in became Animal House every night of the week. In some ways, it's like one never ending frat/sorority party. I live near Red Rock and I cringe at the fact that I've seen trollops scurrying home at 6:30am while I walk my dog; they walk in zig-zags, with one end of their tank-top hung over their shoulder and their short-skirts hiked up high enough to show off their naval piercings. I can only assume these are what the Twilight books/films are all about, as I never see these people any other time of the day, and they sure look like they're trying to make it back inside before daybreak.

    That being said, sure-there's shopping, dining, a lot of places off the strip as well as on it, but when it comes down to it... I've been here 12.5 years and I think I've overstayed my visit by a few, lol.

    Oh, and for those who don't know, there's a substantial population that lives underneath the strip in the flood channels - up to 700 homeless people - which has been documented in a book, http://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Neon-D...5366346&sr=8-1
    Last edited by The Bark; 12th October 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    The Bark Bites Back.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    Yes, visiting and living here are totally different things. Anybody who reads Men's Health on a regular basis will note that the monthly reports they give on a variety of topics regarding top 100 cities always has Las Vegas near the bottom. Highest suicide rate? Check. Infidelity? Check. Border-line Education? Check. Bankruptcies? Check. Crappy Quality of life? Check. Las Vegas was just rated the 98th dumbest metropolitan city out of 100. Unemployment rate? It's 13.2%, however, the news will tell you it's more like 20%. I won't even touch the housing market. The idea of Job Creation is opening 4 Khols stores and having a second tower at Hard Rock create 500 new jobs... If you're into being a room attendant. Let us not forget the Mayor's big agenda is to open a museum hi-lighting the city's mafia and mob connections (not to mention he was a lawyer for them).

    Imagine if the city you live in became Animal House every night of the week. In some ways, it's like one never ending frat/sorority party. I live near Red Rock and I cringe at the fact that I've seen trollops scurrying home at 6:30am while I walk my dog; they walk in zig-zags, with one end of their tank-top hung over their shoulder and their short-skirts hiked up high enough to show off their naval piercings. I can only assume these are what the Twilight books/films are all about, as I never see these people any other time of the day, and they sure look like they're trying to make it back inside before daybreak.

    That being said, sure-there's shopping, dining, a lot of places off the strip as well as on it, but when it comes down to it... I've been here 12.5 years and I think I've overstayed my visit by a few, lol.

    Oh, and for those who don't know, there's a substantial population that lives underneath the strip in the flood channels - up to 700 homeless people - which has been documented in a book, http://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Neon-D...5366346&sr=8-1
    The Scent of Las Vegas is just another marketing idea and ofcourse, aiming at tourists and not for the people who reside there. I love Las Vegas! After a few months of hard work, I like to go there to just enjoy the city lights and the actions (I don't gamble that much). Fine dining! Check. Great shows! Check! Good looking chicks? Check! Good looking guys? Check! Great drinks? Check! Great parties? Check! Great entertainment (whatever that means to some of you)? Check! Great shopping? Check! Guerlain Boutique? Check! Good place to blow all your hard earned money and still love it? Checked! Want to come back to your hometown with just your underwear intact? Check! Anyway, I think Las Vegas is way under-appreciated by the people who live here. Sure, there are some really bad things about Vegas. But the nightlights outshine them all

  16. #16

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    I must say, my own experience of Vegas is much more akin to TheBark's than LuckyLuke's.

    The hooker analogy is apt. To my eyes, the entire city is like a cheap prostitute - she may want to appear to be party central, but her life story is more tragedy than fun, her looks are over-done and artificial, and every inch reeks of a desperation to make a quick buck. I only spent a few days there, but Vegas left me feeling sad and acutely aware of the human condition. It was a relief to leave that desolation for the open skies of the desert.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Scent of Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I must say, my own experience of Vegas is much more akin to TheBark's than LuckyLuke's.

    The hooker analogy is apt. To my eyes, the entire city is like a cheap prostitute - she may want to appear to be party central, but her life story is more tragedy than fun, her looks are over-done and artificial, and every inch reeks of a desperation to make a quick buck. I only spent a few days there, but Vegas left me feeling sad and acutely aware of the human condition. It was a relief to leave that desolation for the open skies of the desert.
    You know, I've avoided downtown for most of my time here. Last December, a friend was in town and I met him down at Binion's. I could not believe the amount of silicone in that place from the card dealers. We sat down at one table and I watched this girl deal, and all I could think about was wondering what her hopes and dreams were, and how the hell she ended up HERE.

    It's been quite some time since I've been to a strip club here, but I had similar, depressing feelings the last time I went. There's something inherently sad about watching a stripper parade around the club, asking guys left and right if they would like a dance, and be declined. How that must grate on the psyche is truly sad-sure, a lot of these people probably make decent/good money at it, but I can't imagine how it must feel to feel that this is your living and nobody's interested in what you have to offer in that regard.

    As for the scent of Las Vegas itself, I know that, just about anytime of the year, when driving by the strip on the I-15, you'll get the smell of 100 buffets all at once. It's not particularly pleasant during the summer, but it does remind me of breakfast for some reason.

    This was just in the news here, too. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...ive-las-vegas/

    I find it... strange that a lot of people move here with the job market being what it is, but I guess people do believe the grass is always greener elsewhere. The good news is, the housing market has become "affordable" again, so the lack of high-paying jobs won't hurt people from relocating.
    Last edited by The Bark; 12th October 2009 at 11:45 PM.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20th November 2011, 08:42 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 18th April 2009, 07:22 PM
  3. Suggestions for casual "off-duty" scent
    By TromboneGuy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 17th April 2009, 04:23 PM
  4. Ava Luxe Experience - Autumn / Winter Edition
    By moondeva in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 27th October 2007, 03:31 AM
  5. Help! Choice between Terre d'Hermes and Scent Intense
    By jellybean1973 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21st October 2006, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000