Code of Conduct

Thread: Cypress

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cypress

I was on the vacation in Corsica and had opportunity to be in a cypress forest, if I can say so - it was the area where I was surrounded exclusively by the cypress trees. I have to say it was fantastic smell and since then I wish I had a similar fragrance. Any recommendations? A true cypress tree smell?

Default Re: Cypress

Creed Cypres Musc is one of the most beautiful I've sniffed- think it's listed as a masculine but I wear it and swoon over myself. It's green, slightly dirty and smells sort of like passionate sex on the damp loamy ground under a forest of pine trees

Halston Z-14 is drop dead sexy but a tad too masculine for me, but I love it on a man

Tom Ford Private Blend Italian Cypress is another one I have wanted to sniff.

Post Thanks / Like

Acqua di Parma Cipresso di Toscana

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Annick Goutal-Eau D'Hadrien is intense lemon and cypress. Just be sure it's the EDP as the EDT is pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    I was on the vacation in Corsica and had opportunity to be in a cypress forest, if I can say so - it was the area where I was surrounded exclusively by the cypress trees. I have to say it was fantastic smell and since then I wish I had a similar fragrance. Any recommendations? A true cypress tree smell?
    Alicka61! Did you love Corsica? that one place I want to see (and smell). I don't have a cypress recommendation, but I do have a fragrance that was inspired by Corsica, according to the perfumer. It is Stephanie de Saint-Aignan's Li Altarelli. It is a lovely lemon-herbal fragrance. Here are the listed notes: Lemon, Galbanum, Lavender, Floral Violet, Marine Notes, Everlasting Flowers from Corsica.

Best wishes with your search!

Post Thanks / Like

I love any discussion of coniferous scents!
    The hands-down favorite in this category, as has been said, is Cypres-Musc by Creed. This is a stunning, dry, haunting scent.
    Encre Noir has some cypress buried amidst the lovely vetiver, and is quite interesting.
    Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Tuscan Cypress is a pretty good evocation of the cypress note.
    Fragonard's Cyprien is an acquatic take on the cypress theme.
    Crown Perfume's Buckingham does a cool, dry rendition of the cypress note.
    Comme des Garcon's (Monocle) HInoki is uber-dry and combines hinoki wood with cypress. As dry as a gin martini.
    Here's one that's not well known: Ankh by Scents of Time. This is a very nice scent with a good cypress note.
    I've heard that Lancome's Balafre has a nice cypress note, but I haven't tried it.
    Finally, Essenzia di Zegna is an excellent Mediterranean-style scent with a bit of cypress.
    I'll invite you to check out the Coneheads social group, which has a thread devoted to cypress. We are always looking for new members Cheers, ody

http://community.basenotes.net/group...scussionid=198
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I own Halston Z-14 (which is almost a copy of Tom Ford's Italian Cypress) and Eau de Baux from L'Occitane. That's a vanilla/cypress/incense scent.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

I also vote for L'Occitane Eau des Baux, though there's quite a bit of incense on top of the cypress note.