Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Leslie Blodgett - Bare Skin Eau de Parfum

Has anyone had a chance to try this yet?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Sephora:

Bare Skin Eau de Parfum Spray

Imagine you're on a tropical beach. The warm rays are beating down on you. There is nothing on the agenda for days, save for sunbathing, sipping umbrella drinks and sleeping in. Leslie Blodgett (founder and innovator behind the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup line) has captured the ultimate vacation through fragrance with this intoxicating blend of creamy sensuality, dreamy florals and sexy musks. Glowing, gorgeous sun-kissed skin that just begs to be touched is at the heart of this limited-edition scent.

Notes:
    Top: No clock in sight and no reason to wake up (Black Pepper, Freesia, Anise).
    Middle: Hot, hot hopping to the towel on sand (Iris, Vanilla Orchid, Plumeria, Patchouli).
    Bottom: Finally, time to mingle, baring amber shoulders still warm from the day (Sandalwood, Labdanum, Musk).

Style: Romantic. Warm. Spontaneous.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th October 2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Leslie Blodgett - Bare Skin Eau de Parfum

I just got a sample of this from Sephora, and was very surprised! Based on the description, I thought this would be an airheaded beachy fragrance. It's actually a really interesting anise scent -- I also get benzoin and a touch of black pepper and woods. This could easily be marketed by a niche company, so I'm impressed it ended up at Sephora. There are lots of reviews there complaining about it smelling like sweaty men and old ladies, which is usually a sign that a scent is interesting!....in any case, I think this is a nice scent that has been mismarketed. It's more of a comforting cold-weather skin scent to me and doesn't really evoke the beach. Easily unisex, too.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Leslie Blodgett - Bare Skin Eau de Parfum

Thanks Sucrose - I am glad to hear your thoughts on it.

I was thinking of getting this for my sister as a Christmas gift, since she is a Bare Escentuals fanatic. But from the sounds of it, I might like it better.

Hopefully I will have a chance to get to the mall this weekend and sample it at Sephora.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread