Code of Conduct

Default Montale Aoud Meloki & Montale Mix Wood - Anybody tried them?

A seller is selling two new Montales on Ebay. Anyone know anything about them? This is the first I have heard of them. the seller has pictures of both: Aoud Meloki & Mix Wood

Default Re: Montale Aoud Meloki & Montale Mix Wood - Anybody tried them?

That's it, someone needs to restrain this man. It's freaking unbelievable, he just keeps releasing scent after scent after scent, how can anyone honestly take him seriously anymore?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    A seller is selling two new Montales on Ebay. Anyone know anything about them? This is the first I have heard of them. the seller has pictures of both: Aoud Meloki & Mix Wood
    Montale is churning out fragrances as if it's in competition with Giorgio Armani to see which house has more releases in a given period. As a result the quality of the new releases is just pathetic, quite understandably so.

What is even more shocking is that the Montale website fails to get updated on any releases. There is absolutely no information whatsoever on so many fragrances from their stable that are being sold everywhere but don't exist on their website. I mean how much effort does it take to have someone manage your website & keep it up to date.

For now, I am happy with the Montales I own and enjoy and will certainly not go out of my way to try any of these releases.

On another note: I couldn't find them on eBay.

Apparently these are offered in the UAE.

Or more precisely, that is where one of the eBay sellers is located.

See: http://cgi.ebay.com/oud-meloki-by-mo...item4a9b6d004f

http://cgi.ebay.com/oud-mix-by-monta...item4a9b6d0c8f

And one more... THE BEST!!!!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/the-best-by-mont...item4a9b6d1700

There is a Montale called The Best??????????????????????????

they all have the same description too lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    they all have the same description too lol
    Good catch!

Oh come on! The Best????? That's got to be a fake. If not, I'm glad you brought this to our attention, you truly have made my night! LOL!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It will be ironic if The Best turns out to be The Worst.

Give me a break!

I think Mr. Montale has to lay off the coke and uppers.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Best is an old Montale fragrance. It was renamed Steam Aoud a few years ago. I have both and they are the exact same scent.

Blog Entries

Although not much of a fan of Montales myself to begin with as I've been fortunate enough to experience the "real deal", but I did understand why some people like the Aoud series. But lately, he's taken the cake from Tom Ford into packaging his lab experiments into retail bottles and hoping somebody buys it.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

"The Best"? Really? The one thing I could base a legimate Montale from a fake Montale was the practicality of the name... I mean, even though they are cranking out so many different scents, the names of the actual scents themselves have been to a certain extent 'serious'. But now that hednic has confirmed that 'The Best' was at one point a legimate Montale, it seems as though my logic has gone down the drain.

I just checked out montales on ebay....the guy has like 2 of each too....not bad $185 for 7 year old stale cologne lol.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!

theres another one up on ebay from someone else .....i did a internet search for montale meloki and nothing comes up at all. is this new in saudi arabia?

http://cgi.ebay.com/meloki-Aoud-by-m...item4a9b69e085

my stuff for sale!

*sigh*
    Sales thread here

Hello evryone,

i have noticed that some montale perfumes that we sider as a new release, do exsist for quite long
    time. Same with highness rose and the santal de mysore, they were released 2 years a go.

Mango manga and taif rose and soem others are special releases to some cuontries.

So, i have read several times members complaning about how fast he releases perfume.
    I think it is not how fast he releases perfume is the thing... but how slow we discover them.

the only new releases were the GOLDEN BOTTLES : amber& spices+louban+pure gold + oud lether
    and the BROWN Bottles .

I contacted Montale about these two and they seem to know nothing about them.

Anyway, I can no longer take this house seriously anymore. From a creative point of view, another perfume house bites the dust...

Sure Montale's had one too many rounds on the crack pipe, but he's no Christopher Brosius.

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post

So, i have read several times members complaning about how fast he releases perfume.
    I think it is not how fast he releases perfume is the thing... but how slow we discover them.
    You make an excellent point here!

One thing that would be most helpful (and I think would be a good business practice as well) would be to have a current and complete listing at the website. Nothing fancy, just what is currently on the market. And if it had a previous name, that too.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The Best is an old Montale fragrance. It was renamed Steam Aoud a few years ago. I have both and they are the exact same scent.
    It wouldn't suprise me if Montale is just changing the way older fragrances are marketed in different parts of the world by giving them different names so it seems that he is producing way more new fragrances than he really is.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    It wouldn't suprise me if Montale is just changing the way older fragrances are marketed in different parts of the world by giving them different names so it seems that he is producing way more new fragrances than he really is.
    I am sure you are right on that.

Up next from Montale, another aoud. No, not just another aoud based scent; this scent's actual name will be Another Aoud.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    You make an excellent point here!

One thing that would be most helpful (and I think would be a good business practice as well) would be to have a current and complete listing at the website. Nothing fancy, just what is currently on the market. And if it had a previous name, that too.

I think Montale , the perfumes and the montale SA are not to blame fr the fact that we think
    that we are discovering any of his creations at a very little time. Some mntales are made for Saudie
    market and Japanees market. This is why the montale paris SA doesnt know about them.

I do agree with the point about the site. U do need a good presentation, updates and information.

I stil think that a creator or an artist is not to blame about how fast he makes creations.
    Picasso made almst evry day a drowing or a painting.
    Some of them are good, other are great.
    Last edited by moreda; 16th October 2009 at 06:06 PM.