Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What Are The BEST Shower gels Around?

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I got some Tom Daxon gels in Salvia Sclarea and Vachetta via eBay for my son and dad. They couldn't care less; they're perfectly happy using Aveeno, so I use them. The scents are fantastic and my skin feels clean and fairly well moisturized afterward. I don't think I'd want to replace them at full retail price when they're gone though.
    In this specific case, their indifference became your pleasant reward!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Eau de L'Occitane shower gel is excellent. Got some in a Father's Day gift kit.

My preferred body wash is Irish Spring Clear and Fresh Skin. It's inexpensive, lathers well (at least when used with a loofah) and many reviewers say it's great for keeping the body acne-free. You also get to smell a little bit like the bar soap for a while (which has an invigorating fresh scent that some guys like).

I'm curious to know how some of the more expensive body washes mentioned in this thread compare to Clear and Fresh Skin in performance - and whether the difference (if any) is worth the extra expenditure.

I for one find nothing in particular wanting in the economy product.
    Last edited by Schen Doku; 11th July 2014 at 08:40 AM.

TRY NIVEA ENERGY 3 in 1...ALMOST A DEAD RINGER OF TOM FORDS GREY VETIVER....

I happened to be at Bath and Body Works for their Semi-annual sale over 4th of July weekend. They were selling Oak and Citron Body Wash bottles for about 3 dollars each. So..... stop by B&BW and take advantage of the sale next time around. I bought the entire stock of Oak body wash in the store (15 bottles).

Recently I've been very impressed with The Body Shop's Olive shower gel. Really fantastic smelling (actually reminds me a bit of Pear and Olive by Slumberhouse), and it keeps my skin nice and moisturized. The scent becomes a skin scent fairly quick too, so no real worries about it overpowering my SOTD.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

I second the Body shop gels

I like the Grapefruit and the Satsuma (orange) shower gels, get them on sale $10 for 750 ml. The grapefruit will actually make your mouth water it smells that good, but doesn't last long enough to interfere with other scents

I also really like the Body Shop White Musk hair and body wash, great scent and is a lather monster. Its a little more expensive and only comes in a tube but a little goes a long way.

While you are at it, grab one of their exfoliating skin towels when they are on sale $2.50. They are long enough to do a 2 handed back scrub and last a long time, They really are quite aggressive at exfoliating, (you've been warned

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I happened to be at Bath and Body Works for their Semi-annual sale over 4th of July weekend. They were selling Oak and Citron Body Wash bottles for about 3 dollars each. So..... stop by B&BW and take advantage of the sale next time around. I bought the entire stock of Oak body wash in the store (15 bottles).
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I got some Tom Daxon gels in Salvia Sclarea and Vachetta via eBay for my son and dad. They couldn't care less; they're perfectly happy using Aveeno, so I use them. The scents are fantastic and my skin feels clean and fairly well moisturized afterward. I don't think I'd want to replace them at full retail price when they're gone though.
    You read my mind, socalwoman! When I saw this thread come back up, the Tom Daxon products are exactly what I was curious about. Salvia Sclarea was one of the scents I was really intrigued by, the other was Resin Sacra. Glad to hear they are a good experience for you.

There is something pleasantly different about the Comme Des Garcons 2 Man shower gel. I don't know what it is but it seems like I end up using half as much as with most everything else. So in the suds-per-milliliter department, that's my pick.

Any try Juniper Ridge line?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

No one?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Damn it, I wish I hadn't of seen this thread. It's basically just spurned on a new sub-division of this horrible addiction.
    I'm already up to the following on my new "wish list":

Hotel Costes- Shower Gel/Body Cream
    Amouage- Jubilation XXV Shower gel
    Egoiste- Shower gel/Deodorant/After shave moisturizer
    CDG- 2 Man Shower gel
    Creed- Green Irish Tweed Shower gel/Deodorant
    Kiels- Musk Shower gel

Every Man Jack Cedarwood and Sandalwood are both great and extremely affordable. They also have a Signature Mint and Citrus Scrub that I haven't tried yet. I'm a huge fan of John Masters Organics and their Blood Orange & Vanilla Body Wash is a bit more on the expensive side but worth it.

Duke:

indeed, a very pleasant addiction. I am too. It's a great way to enjoy more scents. Something in the shower, and after that, one can use another perfume.

Since you are in the UK, another to add to your list would be some Ormonde Jayne shower gels, eg Tolu, a rich oriental.

cacio

Gucci pour Homme II is very good as is the Prada Amber shower gel.
    But as previously stated in this thread, the New West shower gel was by the far the best I've tried.
    Another good one and much cheaper is Kenneth Cole Black.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Basenotes Plus

I have Creed Aventus which is nice but very expensive. I would highly recommend Speick body wash, inexpensive and excellent.

If you can handle soap either Martin de Candre or Aesop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    +1.
    It really is an excellent shower gel.
    +2 (as is the Chanel Egoiste deodorant stick!)

Another favorite of mine is the Daniel Hechter 'Caractere' showergel.
    The Tabac version is also worth while and pretty cheap as well! (€10 for 400ml!)
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Here's a fun exercise, have a look at your wardrobe and cross reference how many your scents have their own corresponding shower gel.

My shower gel has more sillage/projection/longevity than your shower gel. The official shower gel thread of 2014... I want the fruity pineapple batch of Aventus shower gel dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Gucci pour Homme II is very good as is the Prada Amber shower gel.
    But as previously stated in this thread, the New West shower gel was by the far the best I've tried.
    Another good one and much cheaper is Kenneth Cole Black.
    Just tried today first time my new Prada Amber Homme shower gel ; very rich and great smell, definetely a quality shower gel.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Bath and Body Works: Midnight. Cheap but really good.

Cool weather: Eau de Baux & Tam Dao

Hot weather: L'Occitane Citrus Verbena & Le Labo Bergamote 22

Shalimar and Habit Rouge are both excellent, too.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Cool weather: Eau de Baux & Tam Dao

Hot weather: L'Occitane Citrus Verbena & Le Labo Bergamote 22

Shalimar and Habit Rouge are both excellent, too.
    Didn't realize Le Labo were now doing shower gels. How are they?

I haven't tried any others but they have been doing Bergamote 22 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion and Gel for a couple of the Park Hyatt Hotels over here for 2 or 3 years. I shamelessly pilfer as many as possible whenever I hit Ningbo or Busan
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I haven't tried any others but they have been doing Bergamote 22 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion and Gel for a couple of the Park Hyatt Hotels over here for 2 or 3 years. I shamelessly pilfer as many as possible whenever I hit Ningbo or Busan
    Ha! I know exactly what you mean. I have a fully stocked bathroom cabinet of Roja Dove soaps, shampoos and body lotions, all pillaged from the Four Seasons.

We do what we must
    ― Isaac Asimov

Has anybody tried Tsar Peter Tobacco Flower shower gel by Kings & Queens? Or Tobacco & Caramel by soapology?

Cool Weather: Eau des Baux
    Hot Weather: Still looking.