Code of Conduct

Default Krigler Perfumery

Has any one had the opportunity to sample any of the fragrances from Krigler Perfumery in NY (http://www.krigler.com)? If yes, any comments/feedback on anything in the masculine/unisex category would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Default Re: Krigler Perfumery

Bump!!! I was reading about one of their scents, which sounds really nice, definitely something for the green fans out there.

It's called Good Fir and it has notes of Vetiver, Musk, Incense and Pine.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I might just gainsay this bad boy...sounds amazing!!

Cheers and thanks abundantly!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

the link didn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    the link didn't work for me
    Yea, you have to remove the ? and ) and it should work.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Looks like they have a shop @ the Plaza Hotel. I go by there on an almost daily basis. Might have to stop in & check it out.

Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by evbo View Post
    Looks like they have a shop @ the Plaza Hotel. I go by there on an almost daily basis. Might have to stop in & check it out.

Thanks for the tip!
    No prob man! Please do share your thoughts if/when you get the chance to try them.

This is one of the places I am looking forward to checking out when I am at Sniffapalooza in April.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Since tdem1961 has been on a "Lovely Patchouli" kick, I ordered Krigler samples today...

4 samples (not even certain of the size) cost 18.00 PLUS $10.35 ups ground shipping! These 4 samples better be generous & fab smelling at those prices!!!

Hi,

they do worth it, they ship your order usually with one or two more samples (free of charge), that's how i've choosen my English Promenade 19!
    I must tell you i'm in love with this company, i've been to their shop during my trip to New York, the staff is very nice, polite and they know their products.
    I've got two candles Subtle Orchid my favorite so far, they have a huge one that burns for 800 hours, i'm just waiting till i go back there to get it... Honestly, you can go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Since tdem1961 has been on a "Lovely Patchouli" kick, I ordered Krigler samples today...

4 samples (not even certain of the size) cost 18.00 PLUS $10.35 ups ground shipping! These 4 samples better be generous & fab smelling at those prices!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sheilajones View Post
    i've been to their shop during my trip to New York, the staff is very nice, polite and they know their products.
    Well, they're certainly in a pricey piece of real estate. It's good to know they don't have the classic holier-than-thou attitude.

Basenotes Institution

Bump - I ordered 2 samples- Pleasure Gardenia 79 and Juicy Jasmine - free shipping too ! Testing the waters......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Bump - I ordered 2 samples- Pleasure Gardenia 79 and Juicy Jasmine - free shipping too ! Testing the waters......
    I'm flabbergasted that you are going to sample a Gardenia fragrance !!! lol.......

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I'm flabbergasted that you are going to sample a Gardenia fragrance !!! lol.......
    Shocking ,don't you think , Aromi !! *LOL* Just .had. to. do. it. It's an addiction .....

I have 9 samples from Krigler.
    On balance they come out just a little too expensive. Yes they're supposedly EDPs but none really last more than 5 hours
    There is a brand similarlity with most of these.
    Candy store cinder toffee, bubblegum and honey seems to appear mixed in with woody resins or flowers

I'd put them in this order
    Those I didn't really like...
    America One 31
    Cosy Cedar Wood 72 - thought I'd love this - I didn't - guess cedar's not where my nose is at (compared with fir)

Those I kinda liked...
    Chateau Krigler 12
    Lovely Patchouli 55 classic

Those worth repeated wearings...
    English Promenade 19 - think this was the bubblegum and strawberries
    Lieber Gustav 14
    Established Cognac 66 - hic yes fool people you've been drinking - sadly the cognac doesn't stay long enough and its too short lived overall

The top two...
    Good Fir 11 - is the smell you get when you combine a Christmas Tree and what we in the UK call a (choc free) Crunchie Bar - cinder toffee/honeycomb.
    It's kinda lovely and kinda wrong and the sample is going fast

Oud for Highness 75 - oud and honey smells just yummy
    Patience is the parent of success

I am engaged in a major sampling research on Krigler. I have multiple samples of: Established Cognac 66; Cozy Cedar 72; America One 31; Lovely Patchouly 55; Oud for Highness 75; Liber Gustax 14 and Good Fir 11. The first thing one might say about these fragrances is to wonder about the supposed historicity of the line. They claim to go back to 1904, but there seems to be a long break in that history that has no activity, and it may have essentially gone out of business. It's claim to historical lineage may be as questionable as that of D'Orsay, which came and went away, and then came back again a completely different company, by all accounts. Well one thing must be said for Krigler: this stuff smells like original historically accurate, and some may say, dated or "old fashioned" fragrances. It takes awhile to get into them. They are a tad romantic; somewhat old world and not at all keyed to modern sensibilities. They are not light; they are not low sillage; they last a heck of a long time and they know what they are about. No dilly dallying around here. This is genuine, honest to goodness cologne. I don't think these are reformulated fragrances for the GQ or Cosmo set (or whatever is the girl's equivalent to GQ). If these are reformulations, then the intent was to reformulate them to be super retro, but I just don't think that that was the idea. This isn't really 30s or 40s that we are smelling here-- it seems much earlier than that. Someone is bringing back the fragrance equivalent of the Old Latin Mass. Very, very interesting stuff. It's going to be really hard to review these fragrances without a sense of what THEY are about not what WE are about these days.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 26th November 2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: details

I am bumping this thread as Krigler are featured in a women's magazine this month, claiming to have been worn by Jackie O and Hemmingway.

Any concrete evidence on this company's history? I am interested in trying the scents.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Do test them, but I think they are too expensive for how they smell. Some fade very quickly.

We spent some time there a month ago and tested all 19 of the perfumes on paper and some on skin. I brought home 2 samples of Manhattan Rose (not free-- $7.50 plus tax each! And they are only 0.7ml vials!)

None seemed to be full bottle worthy to me-- not even if they were half the price. My husband was of the same opinion.

Basenotes Institution

Krigler's Pleasure Gardenia gave me an awful migraine. Very tenacious ,loud and similar to Giorgio Beverly Hills -not gardenia in a million years. After that, I didn't even DARE test drive the Jasmine which I ordered as a sample as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    None seemed to be full bottle worthy to me-- not even if they were half the price. My husband was of the same opinion.
    And so am I.

Thank you all for the input.

Yes, they are pricey and some respected BNers are not impressed. I will have to move these back on the sample list.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I have tried three. Good Fir was pretty good, nice and piney. My hesitation is the price. It was good but didn't wow me.
    Cozy Cedar I didn't care for, and Lieber Gustav was too sweet. I need to try them again and see what time and distance have achieved.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas